The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 2/13/2024 at 4:35 AM, BloodyRain said:

At this point I prefer a Q1 2025 release from Gaga than now with everyone and their mother releasing. We would only have to wait a couple of months to live all the Joker hype plus the release of the film and then LG7 lead in January and album in March 2025 like Miley last year. 

now we have Ariana, Beyoncé, Dua and Taylor dropping albums and Shakira, Miley, Billie, Katy are going to drop very soon.

we shouldn’t forget about Rihanna who will drop when we least expect it.

This year is full of releases and Gaga could be hurt in the charts not to mention Grammys and the rest of awards …

As if next year there will be NO Big Releases :icant:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,830
On 2/12/2024 at 7:06 PM, Pikachoo said:

if she isn't going to release, do you think she might at the very least release Love Me Right to Spotify?

Why would she? :laughga:

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 2/13/2024 at 6:46 AM, GraceRandolph said:

2024 IS unusually crowded lbr

And why should we care??

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,471

Because all of you expect 2025 to be totally free of new releases ? :laughga:

There's already 2 Taylor Swift albums that will be 100% coming. Wouldn't be surprised if Adele is back as well. Beyoncé Act 3 is a possibility. Rihanna could also return next year. 

This without counting some big male artists that could surprise drop and be Grammy darlings: Kendrick Lamar, Daft Punk, The Weeknd, Frank Ocean... 

Potential new big artists breaking through.

Every year is crowded. Music industry is doing well even without Gaga releasing. If she can't release stuff because of others maybe she really should retire tbh.

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 4
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 2/13/2024 at 8:33 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Because all of you expect 2025 to be totally free of new releases ? :laughga:

There's already 2 Taylor Swift albums that will be 100% coming. Wouldn't be surprised if Adele is back as well. Beyoncé Act 3 is a possibility. Rihanna could also return next year. 

This without counting some big male artists that could surprise drop and be Grammy darlings: Kendrick Lamar, Daft Punk, The Weeknd, Frank Ocean... 

Potential new big artists breaking through.

Every year is crowded. Music industry is doing well even without Gaga releasing. If she can't release stuff because of others maybe she really should retire tbh.

It's just coping mechanism of c*pc*k*s mefears

• paws up 1
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 16,835

Just like how the script was like

"Y'all are insufferable, she can't release Chromatica Ball because of the strike"

No wonder, a lot of her fans abandoned her.. Pop Music is just at the bottom of the barrel in her priority list and it's sad

Spoiler

F4gs will forgive and be BACK the moment she announces LG7 tho

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 2/13/2024 at 9:06 AM, GraceRandolph said:

I mean she can release, but I am nervous for LG7 just getting lost in the shuffle. 

If it's extraordinary, it will stand on its own..

If it aint, it will be the usual strong first weeks and fizzle out

No middle ground for Gaga mefears

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

On 2/12/2024 at 7:09 PM, FRANZGA said:

If it's extraordinary, it will stand on its own..

If it aint, it will be the usual strong first weeks and fizzle out

No middle ground for Gaga mefears

I don’t even think an extraordinary album will change anything. I just think she is seen as outdated by the GP. Artpop, Joanne and Chromatica just felt more like “for the fans” eras rather than culturally dominant albums. I’m just so tired of Taylor dominating. When’s it gonna be our turn to have a smash album, AOTY win, and cultural discussion?

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 2/13/2024 at 9:15 AM, GraceRandolph said:

I don’t even think an extraordinary album will change anything. I just think she is seen as outdated by the GP. Artpop, Joanne and Chromatica just felt more like “for the fans” eras rather than culturally dominant albums. I’m just so tired of Taylor dominating. When’s it gonna be our turn to have a smash album, AOTY win, and cultural discussion?

If it's AOTY Worthy then how does not releasing it helps it case? 

A Popster Is Born 10,471
On 2/13/2024 at 2:06 AM, GraceRandolph said:

I mean she can release, but I am nervous for LG7 just getting lost in the shuffle. 

If it does that probably means the music is not that good / remarkable ? 

She always released in big music years and had her spotlight. If the music worth it, it will talk for sure.

On 2/12/2024 at 7:16 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

If it does that probably means the music is not that good / remarkable ? 

She always released in big music years and had her spotlight. If the music worth it, it will talk for sure.

Huh? Some of the best albums get lost in the shuffle due to release schedules, timing, trends, or artists being viewed as too old, or being too ahead of their time. Why are we acting like music is a meritocracy? Y’all really think Ice Spice and Taylor Swift are the best musicians in the world?

A Popster Is Born 10,471
On 2/13/2024 at 2:20 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Huh? Some of the best albums get lost in the shuffle due to release schedules, timing, trends, or artists being viewed as too old, or being too ahead of their time. Why are we acting like music is a meritocracy? Y’all really think Ice Spice and Taylor Swift are the best musicians in the world?

Well if you are waiting for Gaga to release when  Taylor Swift let everyone breathe from her domination, good luck.

She won't go anywhere for the next couple of years. That's a fact. Maybe she should wait Adele is coming back in the mix ?  :oops:

On 2/12/2024 at 7:26 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Well if you are waiting for Gaga to release when  Taylor Swift let everyone breathe from her domination, good luck.

She won't go anywhere for the next couple of years. That's a fact. Maybe she should wait Adele is coming back in the mix ?  :oops:

I just want Gaga to really get that fire back and find a way to get another smash era. There’s got to be a way to really get people on board with a new album and make it have impact, and that comes down to marketing. 

A Popster Is Born 10,471
On 2/13/2024 at 2:30 AM, GraceRandolph said:

I just want Gaga to really get that fire back and find a way to get another smash era. There’s got to be a way to really get people on board with a new album and make it have impact, and that comes down to marketing. 

Well having her music linked to trendy stuff, booking the right big playlists, having some big moments at events or in the medias. It's basically her manager's job if he's not busy drinking pina coladas in Mexico while scrolling on Grindr.

Crowded year or not if her management team is weak, the music won't make any splash for long even on a 'safe' release date..