The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

ARTPOPster 1,815
On 2/7/2024 at 11:30 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Awkward Britney Spears GIF

My sleep schedule has been completely thrown off recently so I'm kinda posting whatever comes to my mind

Popster This Way 588
On 2/8/2024 at 10:05 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Albums artists are winning big in streaming whats new

And Lana was literally just at the Grammys. Everyone is talking about her not winning despite deserving them.

ARTPOPster 1,815
On 2/8/2024 at 1:35 AM, ViviLittleM said:

Her love for success yes

I mean tbf does Gaga care about music anymore?

I feel that's so harsh and yet also kinda true :scared:

ARTPOPster 1,815

Oh no we have another insider on ATRL

It’s lovely to see my information being shared on a twitter account, anyway -march is the month - similar rollout to chromatica, slow-burn ;) 

stop the countdowns - save the tears for the march release - sorry blade, a feb release was never a thing.

:billie:

• lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,600
On 2/7/2024 at 8:42 AM, Dean Judaster said:

Shallow, while having strong romantic message, has mental health/depression undertones

Being "off the deep end" literally means to go crazy. So :arguega:

Yeah. There's a reason this song connected with people. Music isn't just about rainbows and unicorns. Even in Gaga's happiest sounding music (The Fame and Born This Way), there's so much hidden pain underneath that makes it powerful. :leap:

Maybe this is too personal but the day Shallow came out and I first heard it, the line "crash through the surface where they can't hurt us" took me very hard unexpectedly. :leap: We had heard the beginning of the chorus in the trailer but that part touched a part of me that nothing else has (except maybe TIHTY). It quite literally triggered me and it didn't help that Justice Kavanaugh got confirmed that same day to the US Supreme Court. I cried in the bathroom at work and had to go home early. This has never happened to me except for that one time. The power that Shallow has... :leap:

Spoiler

Read in between the lines :leap:

Edited by derpmonster
  • hugs 2
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,600
On 2/7/2024 at 10:49 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Reading those unanimous grammys voter ballots and realizing how many of them said that they never took lana seriously after the SNL performance and now looking at her snub realizing how their perception is dependent on artist rather than art 

Always has been. The only reason Born This Way didn't win anything is because at that time, half the world thought she was a talentless gimmick act and Adele was a Real Artist™ 

• hugs 1

ARTPOPster 1,815
On 2/8/2024 at 1:46 AM, derpmonster said:

Yeah. There's a reason this song connected with people. Music isn't just about rainbows and unicorns. Even in Gaga's happiest sounding music (The Fame and Born This Way), there's so much hidden pain underneath that makes it powerful. :leap:

Maybe this is too personal but the day Shallow came out and I first heard it, the line "crash through the surface where they can't hard us" took me very hard unexpectedly. :leap: We had heard the beginning of the chorus in the trailer but that part touched a part of me that nothing else has (except maybe TIHTY). It quite literally triggered me and it didn't help that Justice Kavanaugh got confirmed that same day to the US Supreme Court. I cried in the bathroom at work and had to go home early. This has never happened to me except for that one time. The power that Shallow has... :leap:

Hide contents

Read in between the lines :leap:

I am so moved by this, truly. I remember humming the opening lines to Marry the Night when I was 10 years old, after I would have an outburst, or a struggling day at school, and it spoke so much to me.

Joanne came out a little over a week before I was expelled from high school and forced to attend an alternative school where I was bullied, sexually assaulted, and learned nothing of value for the remainder of my youth. I wholeheartedly think my life would have been different if it had come out after that point, especially if had been released in November when I was at a rehab facility where I was put on drugs that turned me into a zombie.

I was truly lucky to have been able to experience Joanne - I can't imagine the toll it would have had on me if I had not been able to hear it

I will always love Gaga

• paws up 1
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 3,522
On 2/8/2024 at 12:28 PM, derpmonster said:

Always has been. The only reason Born This Way didn't win anything is because at that time, half the world thought she was a talentless gimmick act and Adele was a Real Artist™ 

Also grammys liked to reward only a specific type of music in major categories

Like taylor, Adele, bruno, Kacey, Beck, Harry, Stewie wonder, celine , Whitney etc 

Im not saying they are bad but they make vanilla music 

Beyoncé, gaga, madonna, Janet, Prince, tina etc their music is way to honest and they made it with radical themes which for some reason is polarising to get unanimous love from them 

99% of their major categories winner are accessible, easy going, vanilla artists

They hate the slight polarisation and too much creative independence

They are the least inclusive ones amongst all the revered awards

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,522

The irony is that shallow is the gaga song which sounds most appealing type to grammy voters yet it lost to something political like this is america

Im sure that if this is america was a gaga song and shallow was childish gambello song, shallow would've won both roty and soty 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,522

For her to get the unanimous love from big 4 categories i think gaga needs to go toward safe musician path (only if wants the big 4 love) and collab with grammy darling old legends 

I think she has gained a bit of the grammys voters love with Tony Bennett projects and now SSOH 

they are dickheads who won't show love to art but artists so no matter how good of a song or album gaga makes it would be hard for her to gain unanimous votes in big categories if she again starts making polarising music like born this way, judas and ARTPOP 

A Popster Is Born 16,748
On 2/8/2024 at 11:16 AM, Aloe said:

Her love for music is so admirable :bradley:

I dont think it's just about music.. i bet she's keeping tabs of the all-time Billboard Ranking and calculating her weekly points :icant:

ARTPOPster 1,815
On 2/8/2024 at 2:33 AM, Ayobabylon said:

can she be serious for once?

IS THIS REAL

Popster to Popster 3,522

A twitter insider who is always correct about Adele, taylor, ariana, dua and many more is retweeting their older tweets about gaga and lg-7 

And this was before gaga’s TikTok video 

I kinda trust this account :oprah:

• paws up 1

On 2/8/2024 at 7:26 AM, FRANZGA said:

I dont think it's just about music.. i bet she's keeping tabs of the all-time Billboard Ranking and calculating her weekly points :icant:

At least she's making money of it unlike all of us :icant: