The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 11,857

Not gonna lie if I was Taylor Swift and every release is a major smash I would also keep releasing stuff until I have 694 #1 albums :katy:

• thanks 3
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,771
On 2/5/2024 at 6:40 PM, Doncho said:

Not gonna lie if I was Taylor Swift and every release is a major smash I would also keep releasing stuff until I have 694 #1 albums :katy:

dont forget the endless supply of cocaine 

• shook 1

ARTPOPster 1,869
On 2/5/2024 at 12:52 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

dont forget the endless supply of cocaine 

Nicki?

• lol 2

Popster to Popster 4,021

Taylor has tasted the blood and perfectly understood the streaming era 

She knows she is immortal now so she secures a huge debut via variants and in long run streams gives her longevity

Its a win win for her 

Apparently her new album has sold 100k vinyl in 1st hour and her team already has 1M vinyl stocked and im sure they all will sellout

In our favs case they left the industry in such a transitional face, the repurcussions of which their next record will face 

Pure sales are dead and they have put zero efforts to build streaming power or attract younger audience who prefers AM/Spotify

Thats why their youtube numbers are good yet the recent releases tanking on Spotify

Adele could not survive streaming era for same reasons and those unsold 30 vinyls are polluting the sea now 

You have to consider the demography and scope esp in streaming era 

An album like cheek 2 cheek cant survive in streaming era neither joanne

Current scenerio are changing so fast and streaming is becoming more and more relevant so you easily become a forgettable face in 4 years no matter how relevant you are 

Edited by Ayobabylon
  • paws up 1

On 2/5/2024 at 11:56 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Taylor has tasted the blood and perfectly understood the streaming era 

She knows she is immortal now so she secures a huge debut via variants and in long run streams gives her longevity

Its a win win for her 

Apparently her new album has sold 100k vinyl in 1st hour and her team already has 1M vinyl stocked and im sure they all will sellout

In our favs case they left the industry in such a transitional face, the repurcussions of which their next record will face 

Pure sales are dead and they have put zero efforts to build streaming power or attract younger audience who prefers AM/Spotify

Thats why their youtube numbers are good yet the recent releases tanking on Spotify

Adele could not survive streaming era for same reasons and those unsold 30 vinyls are polluting the sea now 

You have to consider the demography and scope esp in streaming era 

An album like cheek 2 cheek cant survive in streaming era neither joanne

The streaming era is broken. We need to reset the entire industry, because its BROKEN.

ARTPOPster 2,113

Taylor knows a backlash is brewing bigtime... that's why she's milking this moment for all she possibly can, and I don't blame her for it. And let's not forget that she was a major decline when Lover came out. But she reacts quickly to the changes in culture (unlike Gaga and her team) and released the PERFECT album (folklore) for the pandemic and gen z sads.

Chromatica lyrically was perfectly on trend, but the dance music was sonically VERY dated (the Free Woman instrumentals still make me cringe). She should have pivoted and released a ballad/stripped-down version of Chromatica and everything would have been different. But instead she pivoted to vaccine/WHO activism which just didn't have any impact whatsoever and instead alienated all the success stans she just gained back with ASIB.

:excuseme:

She needs a team that can work FAST and understand what is happening in culture right now, and pivot if things change... QUICKLY.

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

On 2/5/2024 at 11:58 AM, thehanyo said:

But instead she pivoted to vaccine/WHO activism which just didn't have any impact whatsoever and instead alienated all the success stans she just gained back with ASIB.

Not everything is about advancing a musical career.

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 2,113
On 2/5/2024 at 1:00 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Not everything is about advancing a musical career.

Gaga has said multiple times she cares about her art (music, movies, philanthropy) making an "impact" on culture more than anything else. Nothing she did 2020-2024 has made more than a splash in culture except for Bloody Mary and House of Gucci.

On 2/5/2024 at 12:04 PM, thehanyo said:

Gaga has said multiple times she cares about her art (music, movies, philanthropy) making an "impact" on culture more than anything else. Nothing she did 2020-2024 has made more than a splash in culture except for Bloody Mary and House of Gucci.

Yes, but raising money for WHO and helping with Covid has an impact too girl. :dead:

Popster to Popster 4,021
On 2/5/2024 at 11:27 PM, GraceRandolph said:

The streaming era is broken. We need to reset the entire industry, because its BROKEN.

Streaming era has removed the scope of over exposure

Scooter should have brought her catalog in 2010 or something

Now all you need is streamed after a good debut 

A good album if have album tracks getting nice stream there you go you will have longevity

Nobody needs to do live shows and huge singles so that people buy a copy of the album at walmart

These re recordings would've left charts in 30-40 weeks in 2010 times 

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 2/5/2024 at 6:39 PM, taylorgermanotta said:

Camila's discography is

Reveal hidden contents

lowkey very underrated :leap:

I feel like her debut album was in a very good path (specially for what it was) but the other oned have been very lackluster. Perched to hear her next one anyway :snake:

Popster to Popster 4,021

Lady gaga has 6 albums meanwhile taylor has released 8 albums in past 4 years 

She is putting all the music industry and work ethics into embarrassment

if I was her peer id be punching walls

• thanks 1

On 2/5/2024 at 12:10 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Lady gaga has 6 albums meanwhile taylor has released 8 albums in past 4 years 

She is putting all the music industry and work ethics into embarrassment

if I was her peer id be punching walls

If only her music was good.

spacer.png

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,021

The sad part is that gaga took 4 year gap for hauslabs yet her brand is still khia 

Meanwhile brands like rare debuted after her and it already is the best selling brand all over world at sephora beating fenty

Collecting $600M revenue a year 

I think we all are in a circle with her under some curse

• sad 1