The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

On 2/5/2024 at 4:26 AM, Leptine said:

Especially when the continue output is always the same mediocre dull sh!t.

The girl has no range.

I think she showed range initially, but at this point her music has become very samey. I blame Antonoff.

Popster to Popster 4,585

I just found out Taylor is releasing a new album this upcoming April, I thought she was about to release another re-recording.

• sad 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 2

Moderator 17,109
On 2/5/2024 at 11:25 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Yeah I also think Oscars are much more relevant and respected nowadays than Grammys

Music only has the Grammys as a big and relevant award show the film industry has many. That's why the Grammys will always be relevant.

ARTPOPster 1,852
On 2/5/2024 at 5:30 AM, taylorgermanotta said:

Gaga is a legend with a HUGE career

Is she aware of the latter part?

• lol 2

On 2/5/2024 at 4:30 AM, taylorgermanotta said:

You all need to stop being so insecure about Taylor. Gaga is a legend with a HUGE career

We want LG7 and some acclaim. Is that too much to ask for?

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,852
On 2/5/2024 at 5:32 AM, taylorgermanotta said:

Yes? She's about to serve us with a cultural collapse this fall 

T'was a joke

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 2/5/2024 at 11:26 AM, corvus albus said:

The entire film industry was worth 136 billion dollars in 2018, according to IFPI music industry is 26.2 billion in 2023. So that's why Grammys are a much smaller event. Doesn't have anything to do with prestige, but just how many people are potentially interested in the awards.

Prestige is a factor, also just because people are not tuning to see a ceremony that is honestly boring most of the times but it doesn't mean they don't check the winners, I personally watch majority of tv shows that gets nominated at the Emmys, I check the winners but I rarely watch the ceremony because it's just boring.

Grammys in my opinion have failed to create an event also because they lack memorable performances in the last years, they have nominated tones of trendy and new artists that most of the time are mediocre performers, plus Grammys give tones of awards with tones of categories, almost 100 overall, whereas the Oscars is just 24.

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 2/5/2024 at 11:30 AM, corvus albus said:

Music only has the Grammys as a big and relevant award show the film industry has many. That's why the Grammys will always be relevant.

There's no doubt Grammys remain the most important music awards because indeed there aren't alternatives, but imo their credibility is an all time low in the last years, they feel like VMAs, they reward popularity over quality aside for few exceptions.

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,347
On 2/5/2024 at 11:22 AM, derpmonster said:

Yeah, the most hardworking artist of last year is probably someone nobody knows and wasn't nominated. 

Hard work =/= quality 

This was obviously not what I meant, I was saying people is acting like she is the only relatively mainstream act releasing music frequently and still being focused mainly on that and thats not true even if Gaga and Ariana arent

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,901
On 2/5/2024 at 3:51 PM, Leptine said:

This doesn't say much, Oscars are also broadcasted in the rest of the world live, in my country they are airing them live (thing that never happened with Grammys), the overall media coverage Oscars get it still is bigger than Grammys.

OSCARS are very much culturally relevant than grammys

Esp bc they attract people outside LGBTq community and cis men  and they try to be fair

I see locals discussing award season all the time 

They do f-ups sometimes but its not like grammys where only 4 total deserving albums won in past 25 years 

They reward kissing booth equivalent of albums AOTY

Edited by Ayobabylon
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 2/5/2024 at 11:42 AM, Ayobabylon said:

OSCARS are very much culturally relevant than grammys

Esp bc they attract people outside LGBTq community and cis men  and they try to be fair

I see locals discussing award season all the time 

They do f-ups sometimes but its not like grammys where only 4 total deserving albums won in past 25 years 

They reward kissing booth equivalent of albums AOTY

I also would say that the quality in the movie industry has remained higher than the general music output with rare exceptions, tones of Grammys wins-nominations that were trendy at the time, aged like milk.

Also you had Oscars more open to acknowledge foreign actors and movies in the main categories, whereas it almost never happen with Grammys in the general fields.

• paws up 2