The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Moderator 17,108
On 2/5/2024 at 10:07 AM, Nemanja said:

She didnt attend because she is not nominated for anything. :laughga:

She was there 2017 while nominated for nothing.

A Popster Is Born 16,835

Imagine if Oscars are like Grammys?

Best Picture Wins for Black Panther, Avatar, Top Gun Maverick, Barbie :katy:

• lol 2

Moderator 17,108
On 2/5/2024 at 10:14 AM, FRANZGA said:

Imagine if Oscars are like Grammys?

Best Picture Wins for Black Panther, Avatar, Top Gun Maverick, Barbie :katy:

The Recording Academy and the Oscars always rewarded very different things. Grammys loved success and huge personalities while Oscars usually reward indie movies a lot more than blockbusters. That's why the Oscars had their relevancy questioned for decades now, because they won't reward anything popular. The Grammys meanwhile are questioned for their bad taste, but never for their relevancy because they reward music that people know.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,900
On 2/5/2024 at 1:53 PM, derpmonster said:

My hope is that one day Gaga can get a Flowers moment. A real comeback, connects with people and has longevity, wins a general field. I don't care if the album "flops". 

This moment in her career is the best opportunity for her to win a general field grammy 

for her first 4 eras she was so disliked and polarising cost her many deserving big 4 wins at grammys

After Tony Bennett and joanne route now RS route she is in good eyes of the grammys and they are regularly rewarding her in random categories

One nice shot and massive acclaimed body of work is what is needed from her and I see her actually winning the general field 

But making those c-wordy polarising popper beats (no matter how good they are) won't help her win AOTY/SOTY/ROTY

She needs a simplistic sound and Lyrically rich project a little basic 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 2,970
On 2/5/2024 at 7:42 AM, kékette said:

Deezer France:
#87 (RE) Shallow

YouTube France Weekly:
#30 (RE) Shallow - 550,610

Spotify France:
#186 (RE) Shallow - 53,398

• paws up 2

Popstanne 9,697

I doubt she care about GF category anymore, she seems more interested/invested in acting awards. 

I still remember how she didn't even flinch when ROM got Grammy, despite Ariana @ing her  

Moderator 17,108

German album charts

#39 (+1) The Fame 205 weeks

The Fame is still the 19th longest charting album in Germany. Tied for the 5th longest charting album by a female artist with Back To Black. After Back To Black, Metallicas Metallica is with 211 weeks the next milestone.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 2/5/2024 at 10:20 AM, corvus albus said:

The Recording Academy and the Oscars always rewarded very different things. Grammys loved success and huge personalities while Oscars usually reward indie movies a lot more than blockbusters. That's why the Oscars had their relevancy questioned for decades now, because they won't reward anything popular. The Grammys meanwhile are questioned for their bad taste, but never for their relevancy because they reward music that people know.

Oscars managed to maintain their prestigiousness and most important their credibility giving awards to quality projects in first, which is more important, Grammys have became lika VMAs in their choices and it's not that are this big event these days especially between new generations.

• paws up 1

Popstanne 9,697

Spotify WW chart:

56(+1) Lady Gaga

Some wild drops for other artists, glad Gaga didn't experienced it

51(-7) Nicki Minaj

81(-8) Beyonce 

89(-6) Miley Cyrus

126(-9) Madonna

• paws up 6

Moderator 17,108
On 2/5/2024 at 10:30 AM, Leptine said:

Oscars managed to maintain their prestigiousness and most important their credibility giving awards to quality projects in first, which is more important, Grammys have became lika VMAs in their choices and it's not that are this big event these days especially between new generations.

The VMAs are fan voted, so they don't get the same attention as the Grammys by the industry, the GP or the artists.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,754
On 2/5/2024 at 11:34 AM, Leptine said:

Rude, Gaga would have never ignored a veteran legend like this.

this is so awkward and rude :rip:

i also cringed so hard when Taylor dragged Lana on stage even though it was clear she didn’t want to go :awkney:

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 2/5/2024 at 5:20 PM, corvus albus said:

But Most Popular is not equal to being the "Best" like for example MIDnights

And last time i checked Oscars is still the Most Talked, Most Prestigious, Most Watched, Most Anticipated Awards Show.. no?

• paws up 2

Moderator 17,108
On 2/5/2024 at 10:40 AM, Nemanja said:

She performed with Metallica

You said it was about Gaga not being nominated, I found you a year she attended without being nominated :billie:

ARTPOPster 1,238
On 2/5/2024 at 10:43 AM, corvus albus said:

You said it was about Gaga not being nominated, I found you a year she attended without being nominated :billie:

No, my point is she loves to attend the grammys