The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 2/2/2024 at 12:20 PM, Doncho said:

She has 64 TOP 10 HITS though. Insane and unreachable for Gaga, sadly :dean_scream:

Insanity. Fad will be lucky to end up with 20 hits in both the US and UK. I don’t even think Taylor can beat Madonna’s record in the UK.

The Fame Popster 333
On 2/2/2024 at 1:52 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Insanity. Fad will be lucky to end up with 20 hits in both the US and UK. I don’t even think Taylor can beat Madonna’s record in the UK.

This fanbase can’t make up its mind. If she got what would be an EASY top 10 through a Weeknd collab, fans would discredit her success with the “solo!” bullshit as if grifting off Colby O’Donis, Florence, Bradley, and Elton was how Gaga made it.

If it’s all about # of “hits,” why the Stupid Love hate? If Katy’s next lead debuts #5, y’all will go nuts. Dope gets a disclaimer, yet it’s “insane” if Taylor songs chart for 1 wk from mass streams? EOG (#3), Hair (#12), Y&I (#39), DWUW (#13), Venus (#32), Dope (#8): all Top 40 debuts off digital sales (when “sale” required a transaction, not streaming on loop).

Gaga has 1 of the best % of Top 10 Singles. But, this same base keeps crying for a magnum opus/“acclaim!” because they need MC to validate what everyone else knew by the time BTW opened with >$1m and earned a 3rd straight AOTY nom.

On 2/2/2024 at 4:51 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

She is like 65 years... Lady Gaga won't chart anymore as well (she not retired for long)

Don’t be ageist and pit women against women. 

Edited by JustJames
  • paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

the way Dua's debut loses 4,8B streams if you take out the songs she was a feature in that were tacked later on will never stop shocking me

• lol 5

On 2/3/2024 at 2:12 AM, JustJames said:

yet it’s “insane” if Taylor songs chart for 1 wk from mass streams?

Which Taylor's songs that went Top 10 charted for 1 week? Anyways, Taylor was a digital sales monster too so like... 

Edited by taylorgermanotta

The Fame Popster 316
On 2/3/2024 at 2:12 AM, Andreu said:

the way Dua's debut loses 4,8B streams if you take out the songs she was a feature in that were tacked later on will never stop shocking me

and more if you delete the tth placements, New Rules having the same streams as Havana and Shallow which were global smashes never amde sense to me lol