The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 12,762
On 1/19/2024 at 10:29 AM, Leptine said:

Embarrassing.

i dont get what the big deal is with this doc - i have a feeling originally theyd use it for emmys but then they gave up and dont care about it

Part of me still thinks we're getting TCB tour film but the best insider literally said to move on from it :rip:

Popster to Popster 4,410
On 1/19/2024 at 12:10 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i dont get what the big deal is with this doc - i have a feeling originally theyd use it for emmys but then they gave up and dont care about it

Part of me still thinks we're getting TCB tour film but the best insider literally said to move on from it :rip:

It's just annoying that when it comes to Gaga everything has always be this messy with her releases..

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 13,326
On 1/19/2024 at 4:28 PM, Leptine said:

Trailer has 27M views on Twitter, like I said some pages ago, the general audience is here for her movies, I think this is going to do well as streaming movie like previous ones reason of why she got the budget but very likely not the music itself which is expected in her case.

True. Jlo hate is mostly confined to twitter and pop forums. Everyone in real life loves her.

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,238
On 1/19/2024 at 12:28 PM, GraceRandolph said:

That Jack song is awful. If Ari loses the #1… female pop is in trouble. Why does the GP only support Taylor consistently?

I think that song is great and catchy. Ari's song is kinda basic and generic, little boring. And releasing 50 different versions to get to number one is pathetic.

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,863

Ariana selling 50k with 14 versions makes me feel scared about Gaga’s lead single sales on itunes.

Knowing her, they will only have 1 version. 

Also its really intersting yes, and? free falling on Apple music, already outside of Top20.

Rain on me for sure served a lot more longevity on apple music.  Its the bigger song for sure! 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,296

Ariana will get the #1 for this week but the freefall won’t be cute for the following weeks except if radios support her 

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 57,132
On 1/19/2024 at 12:57 PM, BloodyMary said:

Ariana selling 50k with 14 versions makes me feel scared about Gaga’s lead single sales on itunes.

Also its really intersting yes, and? free falling on Apple music, already outside of Top20.

Rain on me for sure served a lot more longevity on apple music.  Its the bigger song for sure! 

I said here that its debut wasn’t that expectacular + it was serving front loaded and they took me for a hater :laughga:

ARTPOPster 1,863
On 1/19/2024 at 2:59 PM, Miaou said:

Ariana will get the #1 for this week but the freefall won’t be cute for the following weeks except if radios support her 

She’ll release her 2nd single too soon. 

One of them will be killed by the radio. 

So no matter what one of these singles will be a flop. 

If yes, and? goes #1 or #2 they should support it imo. 

ARTPOPster 1,863

Ari’s era seems too rushed. 

So whats gonna happen when she release her album in march? = end of an era :enigma:

I miss those times when artists used to give a distinct era to each of their singles with months long promo campaigns. 

I’m glad dua lipa doing what she needs to do and taking it slow and nice, instead of throwing everything at once and call it a day.

A Popster Is Born 10,285
On 1/19/2024 at 12:57 PM, BloodyMary said:

Gaga won't come close to the streams of Ariana's new single debut, so yeah I really hope fans will support new material longer than a week this time.

But seeing how much her fanbase's hype is short lately, it'll be a hard return for Gaga. I hope I'll be surprised though

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,752
On 1/19/2024 at 9:34 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Gaga won't come close to the streams of Ariana's new single debut, so yeah I really hope fans will support new material longer than a week this time.

Fans always support. What we need is for the song to actually be good + connect with the GP (and Gaga to actually care for it too). No fans can carry a song trough its entire run unless you are Taylor or BTS

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426
On 1/19/2024 at 8:40 AM, Doncho said:

Fans always support.

Not really lmao. @BenG literally made it easy to support Gaga and none here have done it consistently, not even infrequently lol. And remember when L4S tanked her streams?

Liddos are fickle as hell. Some continued to lose their marbles about a song for almost 4 years nonstop :icant:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3

Popster to Popster 4,481
On 1/19/2024 at 5:14 AM, Andreu said:

If Ari doesn't get the #1 in the end :icant:

It’s already dropped to #4 on US Spotify with 1.43 million streams within a week. I really don’t see this making it past 5-8 weeks in the BH100 top 10. America is saying NO. :stopga:

A Popster Is Born 10,285
On 1/19/2024 at 1:44 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Not really lmao. @BenG literally made it easy to support Gaga and none here have done it consistently, not even infrequently lol. And remember when L4S tanked her streams?

Liddos are fickle as hell. Some continued to lose their marbles about a song for almost 4 years nonstop :icant:

Same goes for HMH debut numbers (very disappointing for such a big fanbase tbh)

Fans also moved on from SSOH the day after it was out. This collab would have been eaten by fans back in 2012, post BTW, tbh

Just saying I wouldn't bet on a huge fan support anyway. Wait and see, let's hope they will manage to handle all of the hype stuff.

• paws up 1