The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

ARTPOPster 1,609
On 1/10/2024 at 12:22 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

imagine if we waited 4 years for a chromatica deluxe :icant:

this is so dumb

After all, the remix was called *Dawn* of Chromatica. Like it's just beginning. She said in the interviews Chromatica can never end because it's how she sees the world. Imagine every single LG album in the future is an extension of Chromatica. What a concept. :icant:

• lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,609
On 1/17/2024 at 10:59 AM, Andreea said:

How is Chromatica uninspired? :stopga:

I love Chromatica. Chromatica has a lot of great songs that are inspired, original, and genuine. Then there's a few that feel like they were thrown in for the sake of it to make a dancey album (like Sour Candy, don't come for me). 

I also think the title and concept are a bit under-developed. It would feel a little more inspired to me if she had fully fleshed out some of the concepts and not been afraid to go off more with the music. A lot of the music feels perfectly packaged pop which it doesn't have to be. I want the 2 minute instrumental outros of Born This Way. But that's just me. 

• paws up 4

Popster for Sale 44,583
On 1/17/2024 at 7:04 PM, derpmonster said:

I love Chromatica. Chromatica has a lot of great songs that are inspired, original, and genuine. Then there's a few that feel like they were thrown in for the sake of it to make a dancey album (like Sour Candy, don't come for me). 

I also think the title and concept are a bit under-developed. It would feel a little more inspired to me if she had fully fleshed out some of the concepts and not been afraid to go off more with the music. A lot of the music feels perfectly packaged pop which it doesn't have to be. I want the 2 minute instrumental outros of Born This Way. But that's just me. 

This is my issue with it as well. I'd love if next album there are at least some more adventurous tracks. 

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 18,407

She made an album inspired by house music (which itself isn’t really experimental most of the time) and it was made for streaming success. I believe there was no space for it to be more raw or adventurous.

But I agree with both of you that hopefully we’ll get an album that will be something new, fresh for her and will have a couple of unorthodox tracks and at the same time still crafted for mainstream audiences and for streaming services. I believe it can be done.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 3

ARTPOPster 1,609
On 1/17/2024 at 11:11 AM, DonnieDarko said:

She made an album inspired by house music (which itself isn’t really experimental most of the time)

Tbh that is debatable. Original house music was a lot more about the dance and the "vibes" than about lyrics or a pop structure. House tracks were also a lot longer than most songs on Chromatica. I would say Alice (and possibly Replay) comes closest to that. The rest is a lot more pop-ified. 

We're generally in agreement though. 

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 28,911
x3
On 1/17/2024 at 6:58 PM, zoldyck said:

is it me or none of Gaga original projects have come off to me as uninspired or boring, except for The Cure and some ASIB songs that were meant to be uninspired. 

What about this 

Lady_Gaga_-_Stupid_Love.png

On 1/17/2024 at 3:21 PM, FRANZGA said:

Doesnt change the FACT that her number1s are serving BoTS unknown by the GP leevl :applause:

Truly the Female BoTS

Taylor swift literally sells out stadiums in every city she visits faster than you can go to the bathroom but whatever helps you cope! 

just know and I know you know this deep down, that she won! 

ARTPOPster 1,823
On 1/18/2024 at 3:11 AM, DonnieDarko said:

it was made for streaming success.

:laughga:  oh how it had the opposite effect :nickiha:

I actually like tracks like sour candy and Babylon because she changed up the vocals. Basic woman and flop tonight (before I cry’s sister track) remains the worst songs on the album tho

A Popster Is Born 11,526
On 1/17/2024 at 8:32 PM, DonnieDarko said:

I love this artwork.

Me when somebody asks me to say anything nice about Stupid Love to be completely honest. Well, maybe not love tho.

Popstanne 9,697

A whole movie for an album that won't cross 300k SPS.

And then there is Gaga, who will give us 3 videos and call it a day. Anyway JLO is very smart business women, the way prime would have covered its all cost...

• shook 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,754
On 1/17/2024 at 9:32 PM, DonnieDarko said:

I love this artwork.

Same, bestie. I love this aesthetic so much.

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,347
On 1/17/2024 at 8:24 PM, Ben said:

LMAO Liddos on ATRL talking about the zip I uploaded to dbree I'M FAMOUS

girl delete all the evidence before you get a lawsuit

• lol 4

ARTPOPster 1,823
On 1/18/2024 at 3:44 AM, zoldyck said:

And then there is Gaga, who will give us 3 videos and call it a day. Anyway JLO is very smart business women, the way prime would have covered its all cost...

The way it’s so cinematic and expensive looking. I wonder what’s the ROI that prime is getting. This is surely not gonna bring in new subscribers because she has no fans 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popstanne 9,697
On 1/18/2024 at 1:01 AM, Aloe said:

The way it’s so cinematic and expensive looking. I wonder what’s the ROI that prime is getting. This is surely not gonna bring in new subscribers because she has no fans 

I think it must be part of multi movies deal, If I remember she had movie titled shotgun wedding on prime as well. Prime don't reveal their numbers but her netflix movie mother did amazing. So I am expecting her other movie might have done well for prime standard as well

• paws up 1
  • shook 1

Popster for Sale 57,179

Playlist reach:

Britney Spears: 355M

Lady Gaga: 363M

Daily streams:

Britney Spears: 5.4M (4.5M as lead) 

Lady Gaga: 11.3M

Helpp :dead:

I didn’t know Knee had so much payola 

• shook 4
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,819
On 1/17/2024 at 4:44 PM, zoldyck said:

Wait this looks so good!! I would love for Gaga to do something similar. Its so cinematic!

Spoiler

I can already imagine it being PANNED though

• yaas, gaga 1