The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 1/8/2024 at 5:43 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Lil Nas X and Ari releasing on the same day though :whatga: Perched for the competition

I think Ari will demolish X.

:whatga:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 11,533
On 1/8/2024 at 5:36 PM, Max_Vandeburg said:

Omg, I hate her...

What is that mysterious "element" she is talking about? :receipts:

Spoiler

Maybe Harley kills Joker :whatga:

• shook 1

On 1/8/2024 at 5:42 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

The cover is interesting but I'm not feeling the theme. It feels repetitive and gimmick-y. Hopefully I'm proven wrong though. 

Honestly, I don’t mind it as long as he goes for a different approach compared to Montero both sonically and lyrically (you can have a religious theme and talk about different things, like spiritually or “protest” kind of song…).

• paws up 1

On 1/8/2024 at 1:41 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

It seems like a scene she thinks should be left out.

In my opinion it's either something that could p*ss off internet eco-chambers: either the right-wing (some sort of progressive message) or the left-wing (the opposite or maybe a scene that is degrading towards Harley?). I'm leaning towards the second option otherwise I guess Grace wouldn't be bothered by it as it seems. 

It makes sense.

Some people think she's talking about scenes with graphic violence but, I mean, that should be expected considering the first film.

Pop-a-911-ster 31,706
On 1/8/2024 at 5:48 PM, DonnieDarko said:

A bottom demolishing a girl :katy:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 1/8/2024 at 4:50 PM, Max_Vandeburg said:

It makes sense.

Some people think she's talking about scenes with graphic violence but, I mean, that should be expected considering the first film.

Yeah unless it's some sort of really extreme sadistic violence that could turn off younger/more sensitive audiences. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,776
On 1/8/2024 at 4:54 PM, Miaou said:

A bottom demolishing a girl :katy:

what are you trying to imply :katy:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,706
On 1/8/2024 at 5:55 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

What? :toofunny:

Oops it’s 6 pm and I’m already drunk with champagnes :cry:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,706
On 1/8/2024 at 5:58 PM, BenG said:

what are you trying to imply :katy:

The new standards for the gay community :katy:

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 1/8/2024 at 4:48 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Ari has a bigger fanbase and more hype, but she also came off a huge controversy (which to be fair, could be benefitial, depending on if/how the song tackles it). And then Lil Nas X last lead single massively outperformed Ari's (and the same holds true if we compare other singles from their respective eras), so I think it could go either way. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,463

It'll definitely feature some graphic violence and horror elements. Much much more than in the 1st movie. 

Arthur is fully Joker in FaD so yeah that makes sense some people won't like it.

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 1/8/2024 at 4:59 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Ari has a bigger fanbase and more hype, but she also came off a huge controversy (which to be fair, could be benefitial, depending on if/how the song tackles it). And then Lil Nas X last lead single massively outperformed Ari's (and the same holds true if we compare other singles from their respective eras), so I think it could go either way. 

She’s already using the controversy imo we can see it from that candid the other day ‘Yes, and?’ That’s probably why she’s lowkey rushing a release.

Nas it’ll depend more on quality and TikTok but he’ll struggle to debut 10-14m like Ari. 

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,632
On 1/8/2024 at 5:05 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

She’s already using the controversy imo we can see it from that candid the other day ‘Yes, and?’ That’s probably why she’s lowkey rushing a release.

Nas it’ll depend more on quality and TikTok but he’ll struggle to debut 10-14m like Ari. 

Yeah I can see him have a quieter debut and then by the second/third day surpassing, but it depends. 

I totally agree. I am like almost 100% sure this whole era was rushed by Ariana as a way to handle the controversy before Wicked comes out. I think she didn't have plans to do it before it blew up the way it did, which is why everything came so out of the blue. Perched to see it how it pans out tbh. The candid got mostly negative attention so not sure if that worked as they had planned. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

Popster to Popster 3,905
On 1/9/2024 at 12:55 AM, Ben said:

I absolutely need to watch Tar

You should.

Im a poc but i think Blanchett was slightly more deserving of that oscar

but Michelle is stil a mother

• yaas, gaga 1