The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 10,466
On 1/2/2024 at 1:45 PM, little legend said:

The fact Stupid Love damaged severely Gaga's image. I hate this song so much. Before that song Gaga had flops, but at least we all could agree that she was serving quality music and was following her art now matter the success. But this evil song destroyed everything. I can't stand it

Hum i doubt outside the stan Twitter sphere people care that much. The song achieved getting a lot of certifications here and there.

And it had some great radio spins especially in Europe. Here in France Stupid Love was played A LOT. Far more than ROM tbh

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 5
  • thanks 2

Popster for Sale 44,646
On 1/2/2024 at 1:06 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Gaga herself can announce and WILL cancel so :excuseme:

anything to keep us going until FAD trailer drops 

Popster for Sale 44,646

The new Jazz and Piano is truly incredible. If nothing else comes this year before Joker a new show would be cute I guess. 

• love 1

Popster for Sale 44,646
On 1/2/2024 at 1:16 PM, Dean Judaster said:

617MW3ujCFL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Now say "thank you"

never said that counts as something to keep us going :icant:

on the contrary, it's like giving salt water to the parched :icant:

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,491
On 1/2/2024 at 9:17 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

never said that counts as something to keep us going :icant:

on the contrary, it's like giving salt water to the parched :icant:

well you have to respect and support Fad isn't that kind of artist anymore. Now buy 20 haus labs products to show your love and devotion :icant:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 1/2/2024 at 5:33 PM, Delusional said:

How the hell do you even judge this sh!t? Especially for an artist like Ariana who has the most 1B streamed songs on Spotify. Everyone else must have 0 “signature hits” then plssssss :bow: 

1B is a cute number in standards of 2024 

and no ariana hits are classics (yet) 

50 years from now there is not a song which would be her sempiternal record 

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 1/2/2024 at 5:43 PM, Gagacharts said:

Signature hits do not need a big amount of streams. "My Heart will go On" (503M) has way less streams than for example "Pon De Replay" (665M). Which is the bigger signature hit?

Comparing song from 1990s to 2006

And pon de replay is one of Rihanna classics 

We are comparing streaming era to streaming era 

Popster This Way 588
On 1/2/2024 at 6:59 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

impressive that this peaked higher in U.S. than Global :applause:

Gaga local era coming? 

Joanne was sort of local 

Popstanne 9,702

most artists have 3-4-5  signature songs, even all time great like Whitney, Celine, Mariah have that amount of songs that have survived the test of time. Like ava being not able to name more than 5 songs of elton was perfect example of it, today generation won't be able to name more than 5 songs of even Madonna.

There is difference between smashes and signature songs, and Ariana definitely had singature songs with "7 rings", "Santa Tell Me". 

Artists and their signature songs

Gaga- JD, PF, BR, Shallow

Britney- BOMT, Oops, Toxic

Beyonce- Halo, Crazy in love

So acting like Ariana is lagging behind signature hits is wierd

ARTPOPster 1,855

As a college student who was in high school not that long ago, these are some signature songs of artists mentioned above

Gaga - Just Dance maybe, Paparazzi maybe, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Telephone maybe, Born This Way, Shallow 

Britney - Baby One More Time, Oops I Did It Again, Toxic, Gimme More, maybe Till the World Ends

Beyonce - Crazy in Love, Single Ladies, maybe Halo, Drunk in Love, maybe Formation

Ariana - She's very popular among Gen Z, so most of her songs are still well known. I'd argue her biggest today is indeed 7 Rings

Rihanna - Pon de Replay is popular, Umbrella was enormous when it came out, Rude Boy maybe, What's My Name is memed a lot because of Drake lol, We Found Love, Work

Edited by Ben

Pop-a-911-ster 22,759

i just remembered that on New Year’s Night me and my bf were at his brother’s house with some friends. At like 3am my bf put Poker Face on and started telling his brother how Lady Gaga is one of the most talented singers of our generation and how she is one of the only true musicians right now. My bf and his brother kept praising Gaga and they both basically only listen to metal. :icant:

oh legendga :applause:

• yaas, gaga 8

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 1/2/2024 at 9:25 AM, boobatella said:

My bf and his brother kept praising Gaga and they both basically only listen to metal. :icant:

oh legendga 

Remember her performance with Metallica? She can do anything!

Edited by Ben
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,535
On 1/2/2024 at 3:25 PM, boobatella said:

i just remembered that on New Year’s Night me and my bf were at his brother’s house with some friends. At like 3am my bf put Poker Face on and started telling his brother how Lady Gaga is one of the most talented singers of our generation and how she is one of the only true musicians right now. My bf and his brother kept praising Gaga and they both basically only listen to metal. :icant:

oh legendga :applause:

We love a successful brainwashing bestiola :applause: you did your job :gaga-thanks:

• lol 4