The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 12/18/2023 at 3:20 PM, BloodyMary said:

Some people would cream here if gaga debuted with 228k in 2024. Lets be real. 

Gaga had merch bundle, little tour bundle, coming from ASIB with a current single on the radio.

Things have changed since then and half of her fanbase left because of non stop broken promises and dead silence.

She had 5 albums opened over 200k, why would we cream ourselves with her opening with possibly getting second worst numbers of her career after Joanne. 

Make it make sense, we would be here writing thesis what went wrong. 

On 12/18/2023 at 11:35 AM, Gaga Banana said:

2023 must have been the most boring year for following up Gaga, minus the pics for Joker 2 that will arrive in Oct. 2024. It feels like the whole year went by and nothing actually happened. 

We kinda said the same late 2019, things moved only early 2020 tbh... 

Popster for Sale 44,651
On 12/18/2023 at 10:15 AM, Thrasher said:

Everything was still very quiet until beginning of the year in 2020, let’s see how first months of 2024 go to guess if she’s really coming before Joker 

This is what I think as well. I definitely think it's interesting that she is having these intensive sessions (according to HasItLeaked + info on the fact that the studio was booked long-term). Would she need intensive sessions if she's just begining to work on the album and it's meant to come 2025? I guess in that case a couple of sporadic sessions would make more sense. 

I think it's possible they are aiming for early 2024. But with Gaga anything can happen, and optimism should always be cautious. 

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 12/17/2023 at 8:11 PM, BloodyMary said:

Chromatica day 8 numbers 

Day 8 — 14,673,940

Pink Friday 2 day 8 numbers

Day 8 — 15,114,482

nicki ate Gaga up without ariana, blackpink numbere and with no active single out right now.

She is getting some hits it looks like but she’s in the exact same position as Gaga where the two songs with most curation are big name collabs Drake and Uzi. FTCU is becoming a solo hit for her with TikTok. So the formula for the older MPGs is TikTok or collab.

i want to return to Joanne/ASIB for lg7 but with maybe some disco and 2 male collabs @Ayobabylon

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/18/2023 at 4:16 PM, monketsharona said:

We kinda said the same late 2019, things moved only early 2020 tbh... 

Girl what?

2019 was great 

Oscar campaign her winning non stop awards

Shallow performance at oscars 

Then asib ost was there to feed fans up

2023 had just nothing 

Popster to Popster 4,615
On 12/18/2023 at 11:15 AM, Thrasher said:

Everything was still very quiet until beginning of the year in 2020, let’s see how first months of 2024 go to guess if she’s really coming before Joker 

Totally different situation, we knew she was in the studio working on LG6 with photos from the studio since 2018, she hinted at the album several times on social media during 2019, we knew about 'Stupid Love' title as first single since Q4 2019, lists of producers, rumors, ecc. By the time of early 2020 we knew she was about to drop the single sooner or later.

This time we're completely in the dark, not even fake insiders are trying, which means to me she is just at the beginning.

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/18/2023 at 4:39 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

She is getting some hits it looks like but she’s in the exact same position as Gaga where the two songs with most curation are big name collabs Drake and Uzi. FTCU is becoming a solo hit for her with TikTok. So the formula for the older MPGs is TikTok or collab.

i want to return to Joanne/ASIB for lg7 but with maybe some disco and 2 male collabs @Ayobabylon

I think nicki numbers are very much fans carried but its applaudable she is doing it without massive playlists and carried by 2 singles

Id be interested to see what longetivity she pulls 

Chromatica decline was shocking the album showed no signs of stability

170M total streams in a week are not impressive for a 50M debut 

Gaga’s success lies in her own hands 

I dont think she needs massive collabs for a successful era 

She just needs to act like a regular musician and feed us regular music ofc with hard work 

• paws up 1

On 12/18/2023 at 12:22 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Girl what?

2019 was great 

Oscar campaign her winning non stop awards

Shallow performance at oscars 

Then asib ost was there to feed fans up

2023 had just nothing 

I meant heading in 2020 without any idea if sha was ready to push any new music. Anyone thought 2019 was the year for LG6 and it didn't happen. Kinda same happens in 2023 going in 2024 without knowing if new era is coming in ages or in a couple of months.

Edited by monketsharona

On 12/18/2023 at 2:23 PM, Gaga Banana said:

228.000 is big and it seems Nicki Minaj is still very popular in USA. Wonder how it will hold though.

That would be a big big win for gaga if she opened with 220k+ 

But i cant see it tbh. 

On 12/18/2023 at 2:11 PM, BloodyMary said:

Nicki released good music. %100 better than Gaga’s last 2 lead singles. 

ahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahhaahhaahhaahhaahhahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaaahhahahahahahhahahahahaahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahaahhahahahahahahhahahahah.......!!!!!!

• thanks 2
  • lol 5

Popster to Popster 4,615
On 12/18/2023 at 12:51 PM, monketsharona said:

I meant heading in 2020 without any idea if sha was ready to push any new music. Anyone thought 2019 was the year for LG6 and it didn't happen. Kinda same happens in 2023 going in 2024 without knowing if new era is coming in ages or in a couple of months.

Mr.S that proved to have Tea on ATRL was the first saying that she would have dropped in Summer 2019 along with BlackoutZone and those users who proved to have inside infos that is why people were expecting music in that period, probably the plans changed because 'Shallow' was still going strong, but we knew she had material ready and worked for the album since 2018 at least.

The title 'Stupid Love' was circulating already in late 2019 and there was also a photo of her listening to the song with the title showing on her phone or something.

We were all expecting new music released in early 2020, it was just a matter of time, whereas this time we don't even know for sure if she has actually worked on the new album.

Edited by Leptine
  • paws up 1
  • sad 1

On 12/18/2023 at 7:14 AM, BloodyMary said:

That would be a big big win for gaga if she opened with 220k+ 

But i cant see it tbh

You're a Barb. You need alot of blindness in order to stan a woman like Nicki. 

Edited by Tovitov
  • thanks 1

On 12/18/2023 at 4:29 PM, Tovitov said:

You're a Barb. You need alot of blindness in order to stan a woman like Nicki. 

Miss thing Gaga and Nicki debuted around same time. They’re not better than each other. They’re the product of late 00s just in different genres. 

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/18/2023 at 6:22 PM, corvus albus said:

Because she did better in a worse environment for music.

2016 was not worse environment. 

in 2023 if you don't have streaming by your side it impacts you harshly 

Renaissance did just decent in streaming but her debut fell too 322k from 653k aka when pure sales were big 

mind you lemonade was not even released on streaming but she couldn't afford doing that in 2023

Gaga like bey is a digital era popstar they were good in their pure sales peak but now pure sales era is not relevant thats why debuts are declining like that + billboard changed rules regarding bundles

Pure sales

25 : 3.34M to 30 : 600k

Lemonade : 653k to Renaissance: 190k

Witness : 162k to smile 25k 

chromatica : 205k to lg-7??

On 12/18/2023 at 8:43 AM, Ayobabylon said:

2016 was not worse environment. 

in 2023 if you don't have streaming by your side it impacts you harshly 

Renaissance did just decent in streaming but her debut fell too 322k from 653k aka when pure sales were big 

mind you lemonade was not even released on streaming but she couldn't afford doing that in 2023

Gaga like bey is a digital era popstar they were good in their pure sales peak but now pure sales era is not relevant thats why debuts are declining like that + billboard changed rules regarding bundles

Pure sales

25 : 3.34M to 30 : 600k

Lemonade : 653k to Renaissance: 190k

Witness : 162k to smile 25k 

chromatica : 205k to lg-7??

2020, not 2016. Specifically May 2020.