The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

ARTPOPster 1,609
On 12/7/2023 at 10:26 PM, boobatella said:

Sweet Sounds of Heaven Live is now on Spotify :applause:

God this was so good. The vocals. The quality of the sound. The quality of the video. :giveup:

I pray for the day we get this level of professionalism from her team for her own projects. 

• paws up 1
  • love 2

On 12/8/2023 at 12:43 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Pink Friday 2 has absolutely zero support from her label

Only one song on TTH at #17 position and no playlisting, mvs, banners etc 

I cant believe little monsters were crying at 3 songs at TTH during chromatica era 

Chromatica early promo was her best since 2011 too bad album didn't stick 

Manifesting lg-7 gets similar promo but it sticks with general public AMEN

The thing is she wasted her budget on droplets if I remember correctly, Do We Have A Problem was pretty much pushed as lead single.

From Megatron to till now, 10+ songs were pushed with different promo levels. You can tell her label team is over her tactics.

Gaga probably don't waste any budget in between eras. Even Hold My Hand turned around to be on same level as Lift Me Up, Break My Soul, Stupid Love despite minimal push.

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/8/2023 at 2:16 PM, zoldyck said:

The thing is she wasted her budget on droplets if I remember correctly, Do We Have A Problem was pretty much pushed as lead single.

From Megatron to till now, 10+ songs were pushed with different promo levels. You can tell her label team is over her tactics.

Gaga probably don't waste any budget in between eras. Even Hold My Hand turned around to be on same level as Lift Me Up, Break My Soul, Stupid Love despite minimal push.

Billie Eilish droplets gets pushed as lead singles too 

No time to die

Everything i wanted

Your power

Therefore i am 

My future

What was I made for

All got #1 TTH and half of them are not even hits 

Hmh not getting instant TTH proves interscope’s favour bc chromatica was so much promoted by them till it starts freefalling on billboard 200 

Im not sure if lg-7 will get a push like chromatica but again if album shows sign of sticking interscope will start the immediate payola on playlists 

Her unpredictability is her biggest enemy but her biggest strength too

Desperately want an awesome musical era from LG bc i never experienced an album rollout from her as a stan 

Edited by Ayobabylon
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 12/8/2023 at 8:21 AM, monketsharona said:

I love Nicki album but this one is just... lackluster.

No track really take off or anything. I don't really get the Pink Friday label as it has nothing in common with the original album. 

The random Friday in December release (lack of competition) gag city gimmick to as promo to hide no pre release for months, and riding her most popular era to further ensure a #1. It’s transparent!

On 12/8/2023 at 2:26 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Billie Eilish droplets gets pushed as lead singles too 

No time to die

Everything i wanted

Your power

Therefore i am 

My future

What was I made for

All got #1 TTH and half of them are not even hits 

Therefore I AM, Your Power were pre-singles.

EIW and WWIMF were huge hits.

Only flop in there is My Future that is not comparable to 10+ flops Nicki had between Queen and PF2, with only hit being super freaky girl

• thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
On 12/7/2023 at 10:44 PM, corvus albus said:

2016 hasn't been posted yet :friendsga:

But It's on the 2017 list at #3

not Anti (released in january 2016) being the biggest album in 2017 even if the era had already ended months before the year started :darkmode: see when you do a classique :darkmode: also HFK :darkmode:

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/8/2023 at 4:03 PM, Andreu said:

not Anti (released in january 2016) being the biggest album in 2017 even if the era had already ended months before the year started :darkmode: see when you do a classique :darkmode: also HFK :darkmode:

ANTI speaks longetivity

idk what sorcery Rihanna did while making this album it refuse to age 

its even more impressive bc Rihanna is called an industry plant but ANTi is her project with all songs she is there most involved as a writer and the hits has like 3 songwriters IM SPEECHLESS 

Born to die, folklore, Ctrl are the few albums which have aged like fine without huge eras 

Idk how did they pull this 

Its nearly impossible to make an album age well after era is over

It would be such a dream for miss rah rah b*ch to achieve this feat 

Spoiler

ASIB could have if she made 2-3 more songs like arutw but then again there can be only one arutw so maybe in future 

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/8/2023 at 3:40 PM, zoldyck said:

Therefore I AM, Your Power were pre-singles.

EIW and WWIMF were huge hits.

Only flop in there is My Future that is not comparable to 10+ flops Nicki had between Queen and PF2, with only hit being super freaky girl

TIM MF YP both were released as individual songs 

Now hotline bling, TV and another song are also released as random droplet

But i have to admit billie doesn't have q bad song in discography yet

She is so interesting until she whispers

Her ep and HTE are my fav projects from a new gen artist

She really washes 2010s 90% popgirls too

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 12/8/2023 at 10:52 AM, Ayobabylon said:

ANTI speaks longetivity

idk what sorcery Rihanna did while making this album it refuse to age 

its even more impressive bc Rihanna is called an industry plant but ANTi is her project with all songs she is there most involved as a writer and the hits has like 3 songwriters IM SPEECHLESS 

Born to die, folklore, Ctrl are the few albums which have aged like fine without huge eras 

Idk how did they pull this 

Its nearly impossible to make an album age well after era is over

It would be such a dream for miss rah rah b*ch to achieve this feat 

Reveal hidden contents

ASIB could have if she made 2-3 more songs like arutw but then again there can be only one arutw so maybe in future 

Rihanna broke the mould.

Most of our fad fave have never topped their pop peak with their later albums. I suppose anti is more RnB and ASIB was a lot more mature so it wasn’t so much compared to their 2011 work. 

A Popster Is Born 16,835

Royals was just certified 14x Platinum in the US

So: 6M Downloads + 1.2B Streams

That means she's getting 33% US cause her totals are: 1.2B Spotify, 1.1B YT and say 1.2B Others

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/8/2023 at 4:48 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Rihanna broke the mould.

Most of our fad fave have never topped their pop peak with their later albums. I suppose anti is more RnB and ASIB was a lot more mature so it wasn’t so much compared to their 2011 work. 

Rihanna is blessed with in immaculate ear 

She can hear a song (if she made it or her team) and can tell if it will work or not

Pre anti era was digital era when singles were more important than albums but she know change has come and streaming will make body of work important

Its not like ANTI was a quick work

She took 4 years break to make it and changed the trajectory of her career

She is such a smart business woman no wonder she is a billionaire

And i have no doubt that R9 will smash and she will have multiple #1s AGAIN 

In case of GAga idk whats happening i cant decipher how she works 

But she is more risk taking artist..even her peak she made the most unique sounding bangers but later on that risk taking is starting to go against her (PI SL)

Plus she has a horrible ear bc how can you make SL a lead song

I guess gaga wants to be different but that costs her lackluster eras in between and she is unable to maintain the hypes she gains in between