The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 12/7/2023 at 5:13 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

The birth of Ava Max's career me thinks 

TEA (concept based on the generic lyrics of the actual ARTPOP)

It's been so long 
I need a sip
A green detox
A psychedelic trip
I want the high to feel so right
The truth will be the winner tonight

Take a drink of my poison potion
Just for us two so that we'll be coastin'
I'll make you spill your feelings, boy

When that truth serum hits
You'll go on a trip!
To a galaxy where nirvana exists!
And like a mighty Aphrodite I'll fly through the sky
Show you how the truth is the winner tonight

I'm restless, honey
Come invigorate
With your blur elixir
Come intoxicate
Me into feeling something so much more
We'll reach the highest heavens right here on the floor!

You'll go on a trip!

Tonight we'll fly through light years of us
Mixing potions and poisons til we turn to dust
And when we collide we'll form a meteorite
And the truth will be the winner tonight!

You'll go on a trip!
You'll go on a trip!

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 12/7/2023 at 10:25 PM, Leptine said:

If it wasn't for ATRL or this thread I would barely know of Taylor existence.

Literally same (+ Twitter) like Taylor has almost 0 impact in my country, she never had a big hit in Romania 

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 12/7/2023 at 5:31 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Romania 

I remember news of when Rihanna was performing in Bucharest and showed up really late, and then further angered the crowd by cheering her Hungarian fans.:billie:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 12/8/2023 at 1:26 AM, IJustWorkHere said:

I remember news of when Rihanna was performing in Bucharest and showed up really late, and then further angered the crowd by cheering her Hungarian fans.:billie:

Oh it was really REALLY bad, she barely performed for like an hour, she never changed her outfits or danced and she also lip singed, at the end of the show people wanted their money back and said that Delia (Romanian singer who opened for Rihanna's show) delivered a better show.

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 12/7/2023 at 7:17 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Delia (Romanian singer who opened for Rihanna's show) delivered a better show.

Bring back Lady Starlight

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 12/8/2023 at 1:38 AM, IJustWorkHere said:

That's the biggest flaw with the Swiftie fandom. They have everything and STILL. WANT. MORE.

Because they knew that Taylor's not that big outside their bubble :laughga:

They want that 1989 Level of Omnipresence

• paws up 1
  • lol 1
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 12/7/2023 at 8:22 PM, FRANZGA said:

Because they knew that Taylor's not that big outside their bubble :laughga:

They want that 1989 Level of Omnipresence

Well she is everywhere depending on where you are. I'm in the US (and her home state of Pennsylvania) and soooo many people are Swifties. Thankfully, they're not the Twitter/ATRL Swifties that insult people or doxx/harass/threaten journalists. They and I have real lives

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 12/8/2023 at 9:32 AM, IJustWorkHere said:

Well she is everywhere depending on where you are. I'm in the US (and her home state of Pennsylvania) and soooo many people are Swifties. Thankfully, they're not the Twitter/ATRL Swifties that insult people or doxx/harass/threaten journalists. They and I have real lives

I'm in the PH and Taylor is everywhere on SocMed but her songs aint played on public radios/malls/grocery stores any longer unlike 1989 Era

• love 1

ARTPOPster 1,855

Pink Friday 2 is officially the worst album I have listened to in full, although I really couldn't bear to do that, due to how revoltingly awful it is. I seeked manually through all 22 tracks, searching in vain for something of substance, and found nothing. Every song aside from the singles consists of stale beats interspersed with Nicki rapping the same tired and uninspired tropes found in her most basic songs. There is not a single interesting idea. I am astounded that she let this be released and simultaneously not surprised at all. Now we must awaid the Barbs' meltdowns and insults, and most tepidly those of Nicki herself. Joy.

Edited by IJustWorkHere

On 12/7/2023 at 10:47 PM, mattelbutch said:

0 collabs with female artists on Nicki album :rip:

Cupcakke has been super supportive of Nicki. I don't get why Nicki won't collab with her, but I guess she doesn't want to collab with women who can outshine her as a rapper.

ARTPOPster 1,855

Full review of Pink Friday 2 as published on my RYM account!

Spoiler

This will not be an analytical review of the album's sonic palette as I normally write, mainly because there is no such profile to begin with.

I like Nicki Minaj for her energetic dance-pop bangers such as Super Bass and Va Va Voom, as well as her hip-hop bangers where she can spit fire if she puts her mind to it, like Chun-Li and Barbie Dreams.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Pink Friday 2 is officially the worst album I have listened to in full, although I really couldn't bear to do that, due to how revoltingly awful it is. I seeked manually through all 22 tracks, searching in vain for something of substance, and found nothing. Every song aside from the singles consists of stale beats interspersed with Nicki rapping the same tired and uninspired tropes found in the most basic of her basic songs.

Even if one can somehow just look at the mere 45-second periods where she does get a flow going, one will find the same worn-into-the-ground bars Nicki has ever spoken into a microphone. Why is the opening track a pitched up Billie Eilish sample for 4 1/2 minutes? Why in the everloving f- is there a pitched up sample of "Heart of Glass", one of the best pop songs of all time?

There is not a single interesting idea. I am astounded that she let this be released and simultaneously not surprised at all. Nicki evidently rushed this release as much as she could to appease her fans, who will lap it up as if she told them to herself. And guess what? She did.

For now we must awaid the Barbs' meltdowns and insults, and most pathetically those of Nicki herself. Joy.

0.5/5

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/8/2023 at 11:01 AM, IJustWorkHere said:

Pink Friday 2 is officially the worst album I have listened to in full, although I really couldn't bear to do that, due to how revoltingly awful it is. I seeked manually through all 22 tracks, searching in vain for something of substance, and found nothing. Every song aside from the singles consists of stale beats interspersed with Nicki rapping the same tired and uninspired tropes found in her most basic songs. There is not a single interesting idea. I am astounded that she let this be released and simultaneously not surprised at all. Now we must awaid the Barbs' meltdowns and insults, and most tepidly those of Nicki herself. Joy.

I just heard the first song and she is basically rapping to billie eilish WTPIO like those TikTok remixes :billie:

Popster to Popster 3,908

Pink Friday 2 has absolutely zero support from her label

Only one song on TTH at #17 position and no playlisting, mvs, banners etc 

I cant believe little monsters were crying at 3 songs at TTH during chromatica era 

Chromatica early promo was her best since 2011 too bad album didn't stick 

Manifesting lg-7 gets similar promo but it sticks with general public AMEN

• sad 1