The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 4,487

Taylor’s power and level of fame right now is both insane and scary. She’s as big, if not bigger, than Elvis and MJ. I don’t even think many celebs would want that level of fame. It’s all consuming. I can tell Gaga barely could deal with her fame at the height of her career in 2009-2012.

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/6/2023 at 8:17 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Taylor’s power and level of fame right now is both insane and scary. She’s as big, if not bigger, than Elvis and MJ. I don’t even think many celebs would want that level of fame. It’s all consuming. I can tell Gaga barely could deal with her fame at the height of her career in 2009-2012.

Its not easy to handle fame and not everyone likes that

Beyoncé level fame is digestable if it comes with longetivity but what Taylor MJ Beatles have reached is insane and scary and there were repurcussions 

although i think taylor fame will get a bit down after re recording process

Her 2008 2014 and TikTok fans have combined together rn 

But she would still be bigger than any of her peer for atleast next 10 years 

Its crazy how lover era taylor was flopping initially she is such a smart musician

Edited by Ayobabylon

On 12/6/2023 at 7:47 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I mean there is difference, Gaga smashed right out of gate. For a newbie, it is a lot to deal with. How to manage fans, haters, friends, schedule, team etc. Everything starts changing. And newbie like Gaga won't be able to tell No to interscope/troy fearing they might getting axed. They won't be able to filter haters/trolls, they would struggle to balance between fandom and relatives/friends. 

On the other hand, Taylor is veteran. She most likely had contract that let her almost all control. She can easily says no to what she doesn't want to do, she is expect at victimizing herself when things doesn't go her well. She handles her fans well. She probably knows better to filter haters/trolls on social media. Her family/friends are already adjusted to her fandom as well. Its also help Taylor doesn't make controversial music like Gaga.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

On 12/6/2023 at 10:49 AM, The_Archer said:

TAYLOR IS THE BIGGEST ARTIST OF ALL TIME. REGARDLESS OF THE MEDIUM OF ART.

Now I love Taylor (for a while now, and she's my top 5 artist) but there is no way her significance and relevance surpasses that of the likes of Da Vinci or Michelangelo. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

• paws up 2

That said, Taylor deserves all the recognition because she cultivated her fanbase, played to her strengths, and focused on what she wanted to get. :applause:

The mental and emotional fortitude to deal with that must be astounding so that's also nothing to scoff at.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/6/2023 at 8:54 PM, Dean Judaster said:

That said, Taylor deserves all the recognition because she cultivated her fanbase, played to her strengths, and focused on what she wanted to get. :applause:

The mental and emotional fortitude to deal with that must be astounding so that's also nothing to scoff at.

Its crazy how she did that with an easy minimal artistry & mediocre talent

her being normal, digestable, relatable and mediocre became her biggest strength 

Spoiler

Meanwhile gaga doesn't try to be relatable and beyoncé version of being relatable is singing about leaving 9-5 jobs are losing money as a normal citizen 

Popster to Popster 3,908

Since taylor swift is officially a billionaire now what could be gaga’s net worth 

Its $330M since 2020 on celebnetworth.com

They usually update but haven't in her case 

This could be related to hauslabs 1 bombing and her investing in the rebranded again 

One website said that hauslabs revenue was around $20M-$25M in 2022

And in 2023 they are looking for a $75M-$100M revenue 

I wonder can gaga be the first ethical billionaire in 8-10 years?

I think selena gomez will be a billionaire soon as well gaga incase hauslabs keeps rising in upcoming years with revolutionary products like their foundation 

Rarebeauty revenue will be around $450M in 2023 thats on fenty level 

Edited by Ayobabylon

Popster to Popster 4,619
On 12/6/2023 at 4:48 PM, xo_hours said:

the gag nn :billie:

Honestly I don't get the drags especially in the other board, even without awards, she still managed to become a multimillionaire superstar and one of the most popular and known name in the entertainment industry.

Awards are not everything, you have Hilary Swank winning two best actress Oscar, but she's basically remained a name only known just by a niche audience with 2 good movie with everything else she did flopping, I don't have doubts which career I would prefer between the two.