The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 10,471

I might totally be wrong but jazz has a very niche audience, I highly doubt she'll get any buzz from this, especially if it's covers of almost 70 years old.

That could totally work for the movie but I really hope she has at least one original song that has some potential to touch various audience and can be viral on radio + Tik Tok. That's exactly how she'll get something big.

Pop-a-911-ster 31,766

New Rules 1.980B streams

spacer.png

GODUA about to have her 3rd song above 2B streams (4th if we count Levitating + Levitating Remix)

spacer.png

Dance The Night still pulling 2M+ daily streams and approaching 600M streams for the end of the year 

spacer.png

Pop-a-911-ster 31,766

The way DTN will probably hit 1B streams one year after its release 

poor ODHs another L in the basket 

spacer.png

when they will know longevity is way more important than frontloaded success in their delulu world

spacer.png

A Popster Is Born 10,471
On 12/4/2023 at 6:03 PM, Miaou said:

The way DTN will probably hit 1B streams one year after its release 

poor ODHs another L in the basket 

spacer.png

when they will know longevity is way more important than frontloaded success in their delulu world

spacer.png

Could totally see Houdini going up in January. And her releasing another track at the same time. Her DSN/ Physical moment is definitely something they'd like to remake on DL3 campaign

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,925
x3

Can someone write Beyonce's new single Spotify numbers since day 1? 

Not for specific reason, just educational. And just to make a thread on ATRL if Beyonce or Katy Perry is bigger :creepin:

• lol 3

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 12/4/2023 at 5:46 PM, Ayobabylon said:

But streets are saying that movie might not have original music 

Although manifesting a few hits and couple of mainstream grammys for authentic music 

RideOrDie (that usually has Tea) said in the base time ago that they're gonna use her original jazz songs-material she did few years ago, honestly I'm not really buying it, for this kind of movie covers make more sense, but even without original music, it doesn't change my argument, Gaga is able to deliver also when it comes to covers, from the Jazz ones to 'I want your Love'.

Not having original music would be the best also for her best acress chances imo.

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 12/4/2023 at 5:56 PM, monketsharona said:

I might totally be wrong but jazz has a very niche audience, I highly doubt she'll get any buzz from this, especially if it's covers of almost 70 years old.

That could totally work for the movie but I really hope she has at least one original song that has some potential to touch various audience and can be viral on radio + Tik Tok. That's exactly how she'll get something big.

It's about the 'exposition' than the genre itself, I would say the same if this would be another C2C-L4S kind of project, but singing them on the movie which is a musical in key scenes will make the difference, I'm not saying that is 100% happening, but there are high chances in my opinion that a song (or more) used in a scene can be used to recreate a scene on social media and becoming popular.

For example 'The Greatest Showman', it's totally traditional musical songs without big popstar attached to the soundtrack, the movie did like ASIB more or less box office wise, the soundtrack has +3 Billion streams and songs with +700M streams, note it was released in 2017 when Spotify wasn't big like now, the soundtrack reached #1 on both US and UK market, I think JFAD soundtrack has good chances to replicate at least that.

JFAD movie will end up definitely lot more bigger than that movie.

Popster for Sale 57,185
On 12/4/2023 at 8:46 PM, Leptine said:

It's about the 'exposition' than the genre itself, I would say the same if this would be another C2C-L4S kind of project, but singing them on the movie which is a musical in key scenes will make the difference, I'm not saying that is 100% happening, but there are high chances in my opinion that a song (or more) used in a scene can be used to recreate a scene on social media and becoming popular.

For example 'The Greatest Showman', it's totally traditional musical songs without big popstar attached to the soundtrack, the movie did like ASIB more or less box office wise, the soundtrack has +3 Billion streams and songs with +700M streams, note it was released in 2017 when Spotify wasn't big like now, the soundtrack reached #1 on both US and UK market, I think JFAD soundtrack has good chances to replicate at least that.

JFAD movie will end up definitely lot more bigger than that movie.

Girl The Greatest Showman was all basic AF original pop songs and a few ballads + it was a musical movie 

Totally different from what JFAD and its music will likely be, this ain't no Disney movie or ASIB/TGS

Edited by Fame Romance
  • thanks 1

Moderator 17,116
On 12/4/2023 at 8:45 PM, monketsharona said:

Bad Romance entering the top 3 of most daily steamed songs is pleasing to see 

And people were making "BR the bottom" jokes just a month ago :icant:

• thanks 1