The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 12,823
On 12/2/2023 at 12:50 PM, Fame Romance said:

Smile album tracks are bombing in stratospheric levels 

Only Love, Resilient pulling 2k daily 💀

Teary Eyes, Never Worn White 3k 💀

The album without Harley’s In Hawaii the song that miraculously went viral and NRO the song was forcibly tucked into the album is doing 90k :rip:

When you think the album charted less than a jazz album, smile being able to keep up with a hit era in streams is good - bottom line. Katy and Gaga first and second albums going viral shows they here for both ladies to finally catch up and join Britney as a force in pop in the 20’s

Britney Spears Dance GIF by Comments By Celebs

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,739
On 12/2/2023 at 2:47 PM, Thrasher said:

I think she was shining more as an album artist during digital era because she was able to push those album sales besides singles sales (contrary to Katy or Rihanna), and that happened with ASIB as well, the album pushed sales despite only having one proper single. 

Also during digital era a single/couple of singles doing well ensured the following singles and the album doing good too, now everything has changed with streaming, Flowers/Unholy being the quintessential example of that. 

and Paint The Town Red too 

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,015
On 12/2/2023 at 8:03 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Its the subject matters she chose 

You cant grasp gps attention with album tracks about depression, dead aunt, drugs and fashion no matter how good they are

Deep cuts are always appreciated for their relatablity...i think for the same reason ASIB has most successful/well known deep cuts bc its mainstream subject theme 

Overall her best deep cuts are from born this way and stream distribution amongst songs is good bc its an outstanding album with standout choruses and producers

The GA Ga drum part of BM

Dance dance dance dance

Im in love with judas judas-as

I could be your girl girl girl girl 

m m m marry the night

you you and i 

Her magic is the repetition of words in the chorus and BTW songs replicate it so well 

Being an albums artist with the subject matters she choses is difficult but in my eyes she is an albums artist despite not being commercially appreciated for it 

Can she make a successful album without hit singles i dont think so

She will definitely need hit singles so that album gets exposure and if deep cuts are good it will cherry on top 

ASIB OST spent its first 28 weeks in top 10 and shallow was not even stable at very high level on streams 

This project had that albums artist spark in it but as time progressed people forgot about album tracks bc of no exposure or performance of them by gaga

Popster to Popster 4,621

The hypocrisy of ATRL with putting clap emojis and acting like it's a good result for Beyoncé debuting the song at #65 with being #4 on TTH.

If this was Gaga, it would have been already a thread of +20 pages calling her flop.

• thanks 4

On 12/2/2023 at 12:01 PM, Leptine said:

The hypocrisy of ATRL with putting clap emojis and acting like it's a good result for Beyoncé debuting the song at #65 with being #4 on TTH.

If this was Gaga, it would have been already a thread of +20 pages calling her flop.

We all know there's a double standard for Gaga on the internet.

• paws up 1

On 12/2/2023 at 3:54 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Can she make a successful album without hit singles i dont think so

She will definitely need hit singles so that album gets exposure and if deep cuts are good it will cherry on top 

ASIB OST spent its first 28 weeks in top 10 and shallow was not even stable at very high level on streams 

This project had that albums artist spark in it but as time progressed people forgot about album tracks bc of no exposure or performance of them by gaga

ASIB is definitely the ceiling for a Gaga’s album performance at her age. I don’t think we can expect her to pull a Midnights or SOUR or when we all fall asleep etc. 

It contains those 3-4 songs that caught everyone’s attention and translated perfectly into album’s success at the time, even if there are also songs that nobody paid attention to post 2019. But regardless of that it’s still pulling good numbers (even if it could do more cause even that album is 80% relying on Shallow/ARUTW these days). 

• paws up 1

On 12/2/2023 at 12:04 PM, Thrasher said:

ASIB is definitely the ceiling for a Gaga’s album performance at her age. I don’t think we can expect her to pull a Midnights or SOUR or when we all fall asleep etc. 

It contains those 3-4 songs that caught everyone’s attention and translated perfectly into album’s success at the time, even if there are also songs that nobody paid attention to post 2019. But regardless of that it’s still pulling good numbers (even if it could do more cause even that album is 80% relying on Shallow/ARUTW these days). 

We just need that she doesn't return with another pandemic aka Perfect Illusion and that she doesn't give up on the album after the second single and we'll be fine. Obviously, with proper rollout and solid promotion.

• hugs 1

She needs to comeback full force and seize the opportunity before she turns 40. And when she's in her 40s, she should call Max Martin, Benny Blanco and Shellback and make that album she should have made when she was in her 20s.

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 57,255
On 12/2/2023 at 3:49 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

When you think the album charted less than a jazz album, smile being able to keep up with a hit era in streams is good - bottom line. Katy and Gaga first and second albums going viral shows they here for both ladies to finally catch up and join Britney as a force in pop in the 20’s

Britney Spears Dance GIF by Comments By Celebs

The 2020s pop force in question 

IMG-8692.jpg

Pop-a-911-ster 27,143
On 12/2/2023 at 4:02 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

Woah Bey #25 on AM US with that horrible song

AM US

#20 +5 MY HOUSE by Beyoncé

:rat:

Popster to Popster 4,015

There is a shift in music industry and now you need good deep cuts to stay successful

10 years ago you had to sell cassets and people would buy them at walmart based on hit singles that casset holds 

In 2023 singles doesn't reflect an albums success, flowers being the example

streams distribution amongst songs is the most important thing to remain successful

Those pop girls in 2000s focused on making pop hits with max martin thats why their albums are aging like milk in streaming era 

You already have to think what could be the scenerio of music industry 10 years later 

Gaga used to be this visionary in 2011 idk about now but working with talented young people can help her with idea of how successful  mainstream music works (im counting on Andrew Watt, he seems like a hitmaker) 

She desperately needs to shift her focus on making body of work and not just singles bc she don't have to sell 100k pure copies in 10th week and in 10th 90% of the albums sales will come from streams 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,143
On 12/1/2023 at 1:02 PM, China said:

US radio finally dropping Used To Be Young. Imagine if it was a Gaga song pulling only 500k daily and still hitting #4 on US radio :awkney:

they are not dropping it

#4 = Miley Cyrus - Used To Be Young 60.95 +0.47 :horse_race:

Popster to Popster 4,015
On 12/2/2023 at 8:48 PM, China said:

She needs to comeback full force and seize the opportunity before she turns 40. And when she's in her 40s, she should call Max Martin, Benny Blanco and Shellback and make that album she should have made when she was in her 20s.

She can literally be more successful than she is if she wants if she chooses subject matter wisely

But i think she is the type of artist who takes inspiration from her life thats why you won't see her ever mass releasing 

Popster for Sale 44,739
On 12/2/2023 at 3:41 PM, Fame Romance said:

Help not the Barbie soundtrack #33 on the Billboard 200 on its 18th week, the bomb

We thought it was gonna be the new ASIB 

Everything about this movie was front loaded

a mid album for a mid movie