The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 11/10/2023 at 1:22 PM, Stats4LG said:

All the Barbie songs on Visual Media wow

imagine if LMU wins :laughga:

it's really possible cause the splitting votes

Rootng for Miley she deserves to be Grammy awarded so much. 

On 11/10/2023 at 5:17 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

not Miley with that mediocre flop album :mess:

Please ESV have great great moments : Flowers, Jaded, River, Island, Violet Chemistry, Rose Colored Lenses, Wonder Woman.

Edited by monketsharona

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 11/10/2023 at 4:20 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

with so many good albums coming out this year... I'm baffled at this pick, like there's no way to make sense of it 

Last minute push in the media with Used To Be Young and “rerelease” was smart 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 11/10/2023 at 10:28 AM, Delusional said:

Last minute push in the media with Used To Be Young and “rerelease” was smart 

Used to be young is better than half of that album. Should have been included from the very beginning. 

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 11/10/2023 at 4:29 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Used to be young is better than half of that album. Should have been included from the very beginning. 

It was on purpose I think lol 

Popster for Sale 44,646
On 11/10/2023 at 4:26 PM, monketsharona said:

Rootng for Miley she deserves to be Grammy awarded so much. 

Please ESV have great great moments : Flowers, Jaded, River, Island, Violet Chemistry, Rose Colored Lenses, Wonder Woman.

Okay maybe I was a bit too harsh, it has some good songs, but it's a sharp decline after Plastic Hearts and it was a commercial letdown as well considering how gigantic Flowers was, so I see no reason for it to be on this list. 

• thanks 1

Popster This Way 650
On 11/10/2023 at 5:17 PM, Miaou said:

Dance the Night SOTY nomination :applause:

Her acclaim era continues :applause:

Like c´mon.....DTN for SOTY?

The song is mediocre.

And ESV AOTY?

The Grammys becoming a joke....

Edited by XXXlop
  • thanks 1

On 11/10/2023 at 5:31 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Okay maybe I was a bit too harsh, it has some good songs, but it's a sharp decline after Plastic Hearts and it was a commercial letdown as well considering how gigantic Flowers was, so I see no reason for it to be on this list. 

Well I think ESV is hurt by the fact it's always compared to her previous album Plastic Hearts that is challenging being her Magnum Opus (it's her best album to me).

At the end of the day, I don't think it's right to compare PH to ESV as both are totally different pop album in genre, song writing, themes and so on. It's like comparing Joanne to TFM ?

ESV is 79 (critic score) and 7.8 (audience score) on mediactric which is very good at the very least ? At least I think you are all overreacting about it being crap album. 

Edited by monketsharona

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711
On 11/10/2023 at 5:36 PM, XXXlop said:

Like c´mon.....DTN for SOTY?

The song is mediocre.

And ESV AOTY?

The Grammys becoming a joke....

DNT is a GREAT song so I don’t see the complaints 

hoping HOUDINI will be nominated next year it deserves to win 

Popster for Sale 44,646
On 11/10/2023 at 4:38 PM, monketsharona said:

Well I think ESV is hurt by the fact it's always compared to her previous album Plastic Hearts that is challenging being her Magnum Opus (it's her best album to me).

At the end of the day, I don't think it's right to compare PH to ESV as both are totally different pop album in genre, song writing, themes and so on. It's like comparing Joanne to TFM ?

ESV is 79 (critic score) and 7.8 (audience score) on mediactric which is very good at the very least ? At least I think you are all overreacting about it being crap album. 

At the end of the day it's subjective but imo Miley doesn't have a great discography but PH stands out as a good album, and ESV is all over the place. The genre difference between TFM and Joanne is much much bigger and I can still say with confidence that TFM is a better album. 

Metacritic scores are inflated to everyone who isn't Katy Perry or Ed Sheeran nowadays. The critics are handing out 80/90's to everyone, it's ridiculous. I don't think metacritic is a good indicator on the quality of albums. Some rating could be said to be accurate but even a broken clock is right twice a day. I don't value it at all nowadays. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 11/10/2023 at 10:38 AM, XXXlop said:

Chromatica deserved being nominated for AOTY, especially after seeing this year's nomination list....:overit:

I still find it funny how well received it was by critics (79 on MC) and how mixed the fan base is on it. lol.