The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
On 11/8/2023 at 4:42 PM, monketsharona said:

Just posting this here if it ends up happening but streets are saying a G.U.Y remix featuring Ice Spice is coming :whatga:

And then you wake up

Spoiler

From a nightmare

• thanks 1
  • lol 3

A Popster Is Born 10,464
On 11/8/2023 at 5:07 PM, Andreu said:

And then you wake up

Hide contents

From a nightmare

Honestly that would be so Gaga being like : 'ok the fans and DJWS want Act 2 as a celebration let's give them a random remix of G.U.Y, a song DJWS hasn't worked on.' :romance:

Edited by monketsharona
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 11/8/2023 at 4:23 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Y'all need to know the difference between screaming and belting

Perfect illusion doesn't have vocal problem it needed those vocals but they overpower the production was the issue

And inla, pi, mr is where she is belting

hmh outro and enigma are the monotonous screaming examples

belting is essential for pop-ballads but they also require rawness and only pundit producers know how to do that 

Talking Talk Too Much GIF by SWR3

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
On 11/8/2023 at 5:13 PM, monketsharona said:

Honestly that would be so Gaga being like : 'ok the fans and DJWS want Act 2 as a celebration let's give them a random remix of G.U.Y, a song DJWS hasn't worked on.' :romance:

I would find so disappointing to get something like this in the sense of 'you wanted new music and I didnt want to do any work so we thought of this niddle ground', more than not getting anything or just getting a repress and an overpriced merch line (like we expect to happen)

If she wants to work with Ice (which I doubt) she should do an original song because that would go viral for sure 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 11/8/2023 at 8:57 PM, BenG said:

I'm sorry but you need to know the difference between screaming and belting yourself :icant:

Belting is not just for pop-ballads :icant:

HMH outro and Enigma are not screaming examples :icant:

An example of screaming is Xtina's "belting" :icant:

Who said its just for pop ballads 

Hmh outro & enigma are screams just like demi & xtina 

that last adele ballad song in 30 album is also screaming in the name of belting 

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 11/8/2023 at 9:08 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

she has a load of songs in the streaming era that were psuhed or on TTH with horrid daily streams.

its hard to predict what will become a hit, screaming might not necessarily condemn a song

she is at the age and point in career now where we have the newer pop artists to use and get disposable bops from, so if she is too basic it just won't work regardless of streaming

If she wants to prove her vocals she can do vocal layering and harmonization..they are usually lovely 

Even rock genre necessarily doesn't reqire over the top vocals everytime 

Screaming is there in her recent stuff ngl 

I personally dont like that but calling PI screams is dumb

I didn't like the outro of ssoh when she screams as well

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 11/8/2023 at 4:27 PM, BenG said:

I'm sorry but you need to know the difference between screaming and belting yourself :icant:

Belting is not just for pop-ballads :icant:

HMH outro and Enigma are not screaming examples :icant:

An example of screaming is Xtina's "belting" :icant:

Like, could he by any more wrong? 
:icant:

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 11/8/2023 at 6:07 PM, ConnorFilm said:

She needs to serve The Cure vocals for the LG7 lead.

Also, Houdini is absolutely the sound I would love Gaga to go towards if she doesn’t do rock pop for LG7. 

Did you mean Love Me Right? Also that song deserved to be a single. It’s relatable, soothing…has such a nice vibe.

Agreed on Houdini being a great song.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,756
On 11/8/2023 at 5:42 PM, monketsharona said:

Just posting this here if it ends up happening but streets are saying a G.U.Y remix featuring Ice Spice is coming :whatga:

she can keep it  :icant:

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 11/8/2023 at 4:34 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I get the argyuments about the screaming but she screams on Shallow and Judas technically, i think its the way it's done tbh

I prefer SL the song and see what she went for, but i think PI is more artistic and at least not re-heating an old meal

What Gaga does in these songs is not screaming but serving loud vocals, if people really wants to know actual screaming in songs then there's a whole genre with that (aka screamo which I f*cking hate it). Gaga is being loud in Shallow, Million Reasons, on HMH (which has pretty good stability and people are praising it), Judas, TEOG etc and people likes it. She just needs a quality song as a lead single for it to do good (something good enough for radios too)

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 11/8/2023 at 7:08 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

That story did not surprise me one bit :mess:

I love her but obviously sis can be a bit too much at time - wouldn't be who she is otherwise.

Right. I also have to admit that I didn’t feel the need to attack the girl, like many liddos did on Twitter. Like I can totally see why it was annoying sometimes and I can totally see why she would want to share it with the world. 

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 1