The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 11/6/2023 at 2:55 PM, GraceRandolph said:

The music industry is different than it was 20 or 30 years ago. Gaga is seen as old and it’s a teen market. 

She made herself look like that by her choices. There are artists out there pushing 40 yet they look like 27 max. 

In fact Gaga’s looks las vegas shows makes her look like 67 year old woman. 

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 11/6/2023 at 12:45 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Maybe flopping like Katy would make her realize how lightly she takes her music career 

Madonna used to be like that. Whenever she flopped hard she came back with a monumental record

bedtime stories => ray of light

american life => confessions

Contrary to Madonna, Gaga has her movie career which basically just started successfully, her overall career and success are not depending from music only, if anything a big flop will probably make her focus more in the movie field and on other stuff.

Charts or numbers are obviously not a priority for Gaga and her team anymore and it's proved for how her last releases were handled, I don't think she would lose sleep at night if her next project flops a la Katy.

• paws up 3

Popster to Popster 4,487

I think anything could happen. We all know Gaga’s career has been surprising in many ways. I mean, I expected Chromatica to open to 200K, not almost hit 300K. It’s all about timing. If she drops another album after Joker, the hype will be there for people to check it out and be curious. If anything, I’m more concerned for longevity with the next album. We need stability, not a big opening week. 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 4

On 11/6/2023 at 6:45 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Maybe flopping like Katy would make her realize how lightly she takes her music career 

Madonna used to be like that. Whenever she flopped hard she came back with a monumental record

bedtime stories => ray of light

american life => confessions

Bedtime Stories was absolutely not an example of Madonna flopping hard. It was her attempting to recover with the GP after the complete sh!t show that was the Erotica era(Iconic as it was). It did that successfully btw. Take a Bow was a massive hit and the album sold well. It's my least favorite Madonna album but even I can admit it probably saved her career with the GP after they rebelled against her from Erotica + Body of Evidence + Sex. 

Popster to Popster 4,015
On 11/6/2023 at 8:27 PM, Thatkat4 said:

Bedtime Stories was absolutely not an example of Madonna flopping hard. It was her attempting to recover with the GP after the complete sh!t show that was the Erotica era(Iconic as it was). It did that successfully btw. Take a Bow was a massive hit and the album sold well. It's my least favorite Madonna album but even I can admit it probably saved her career with the GP after they rebelled against her from Erotica + Body of Evidence + Sex. 

Yeah but it was nothing monumental and if we compare it what she did with ray of light commercially and quality wise its nothing

I personally love bedtime stories the song and take a bow was #1 hit. ROL didn't have any #1 hits if I recall still its so monumental

And AOTY was hers if if it was not that for miseducation of lauryn hill

My point being it didn't do anything for madonna and she would've kept declining if she didn't take artistic risk 

4 & lover being the same albums in beyonce and Taylor careers and hopefully chromatica in gaga’s career 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,826

I truly don’t care about ARTPOP’s anniversary, especially when I don’t like this album a lot

What I want is LG7 and the beginning of a new era :cm:

ARTPOPster 1,832
On 11/6/2023 at 8:19 PM, BloodyMary said:

She made herself look like that by her choices. There are artists out there pushing 40 yet they look like 27 max. 

In fact Gaga’s looks las vegas shows makes her look like 67 year old woman. 

I think she looks her age now but the jazz music fascination is not helping her in that department 

ARTPOPster 1,832

Gaga and Katy are actually quite similar. Both had their biggest hits with a main producer and both won’t be collaborating with them forever and ever :bradley:

On 11/7/2023 at 1:04 AM, monketsharona said: