The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 10/28/2023 at 4:09 PM, monketsharona said:

Why people are so obsessed about ROM's number when some of her other hit songs like BTW and TEOG are currently doing tank singles numbers ? :enigma:

ROM gets too much crap, sure it lacks longevity but the song is still going to reach 1B streams, broke some records and won awards, I hope we have another song with these stats on LG7

• yaas, gaga 4
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 4,199

Halloween effect starting to kick in on Spotify already. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

US
141. Monster Mash
142. This is Halloween
156. Thriller

UK
118. Thriller
119. Monster Mash
166. Disturbia
174. Toxic
186. This is Halloween

• paws up 1

On 10/28/2023 at 3:36 PM, OnionGirl said:

Canada
177. Thriller
178. Monster Mash

Ireland
52. Monster Mash
61. Thriller
77. This Is Halloween
84. Ghostbusters
166. Somebody's Watching Me
166. Spooky, Scary Skeletons
193. Disturbia

N/A

#1 Bloody Mary

• sad 1

On 10/28/2023 at 9:39 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Meanwhile chromatica ball had her singing inside that box for 70% of the show, blocked views, terrible baseball venues, fried vocals and her acting like she didn't want to be on that stage 

According to whom? She loved doing the Chromatica Ball, if she didn't want to do this tour she would have canceled the first 6 shows announced in 2020 instead of booking another 14 last year and she would have booked many more shows if it weren't for her preparation to shoot Joker 2.

On 10/28/2023 at 3:09 PM, monketsharona said:

Why people are so obsessed about ROM's numbers when some of her other hit songs like BTW and TEOG are currently doing tank singles numbers ? :enigma:

I feel like ROM and BTW are going to share the same fate… both songs perceived as too “gay” to smash hard with GP. For sure they smashed initially but right now they’re kind of niche songs for our fanbase/pop music stans. 

TEOG is one of her best songs ever but that’s too long for streaming I fear. It was also put at #1 on the All Out 10s playlist during BTW 10th anniversary and didn’t improve its streams. 

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 10/28/2023 at 8:39 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Joanne tour production was top tier esp of a an arena show 

The moving main stage and bridges floating around as she travels to mini stages and the glass stage during dancin in circles so that we can see her booty she was so full of energy top vocals and interactive like she belonged to that stage 

Meanwhile chromatica ball had her singing inside that box for 70% of the show, blocked views, terrible baseball venues, fried vocals and her acting like she didn't want to be on that stage 

Exactly.. Chrom's stage was the worst

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 10/28/2023 at 2:39 PM, Ayobabylon said:

You’re so deluded

:icant:

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,709

Most viewed english videos in the past 24 hours :

#14 (+6) Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary (Tik Tok Version - Speed Up) : 990 794 views

#59 (+8) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (from A Star Is Born) : 618 046 views

oh wow 

spacer.png

Edited by Miaou
  • shook 1

A Popster Is Born 10,464
On 10/28/2023 at 3:49 PM, Thrasher said:

I feel like ROM and BTW are going to share the same fate… both songs perceived as too “gay” to smash hard with GP. For sure they smashed initially but right now they’re kind of niche songs for our fanbase/pop music stans. 

TEOG is one of her best songs ever but that’s too long for streaming I fear. It was also put at #1 on the All Out 10s playlist during BTW 10th anniversary and didn’t improve its streams. 

Tbh whatever the song's length if people wants to play it they'll play it... I mean Bad Romance is almost 5 minutes long... Almost all of her big hits are between 4-5 minutes 

It's quite weird TEOG didn't have any boost in streaming era while being one of the most successful songs from BTW back in time. 

I can get people got bored of some of her recent hits as streaming hits' longevity can be quite short tbh. But I just find weird iconic songs like TEOG and BTW don't follow the path of the revival of all of her hits 

On 10/28/2023 at 5:01 PM, monketsharona said:

Tbh whatever the song's length if people wants to play it they'll play it... I mean Bad Romance is almost 5 minutes long... Almost all of her big hits are between 4-5 minutes 

It's quite weird TEOG didn't have any boost in streaming era while being one of the most successful songs from BTW back in time. 

I can get people got bored of some of her recent hits as streaming hits' longevity can be quite short tbh. But I just find weird iconic songs like TEOG and BTW don't follow the path of the revival of all of her hits 

Yeah but BR was also definitely bigger than TEOG, so that makes up for their difference in streaming. And BR is also “suffering” compared to JD or PF which are shorter. 

I feel like TEOG or Yoü and I were more of “GP songs”, Yoü and I wasn’t particularly successful but it did its thing back then. Same for MR which is loved and has good recurrents, but TikTok/Gen Z wouldn’t go for this kind of songs, they pick Judas/Bloody Mary instead. 

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681

Spotify "Halloween Playlists" changes since Oct. 8th.

Halloween Party - 1.067M Followers (+95k):

• #5 Bloody Mary
  • #44 Bad Romance (-5)

Halloween Party 2023 - 295k Followers (+4k):

• #68 Bloody Mary (-7)
  • #151 Bad Romance (new)

Halloween Playlist 2023 - 287k Followers (+109k):

• #37 Bloody Mary (-)
  • #53 Just Dance (-14)

Ultimate Halloween - 239k Followers (+4k):

• #1 Monster

Halloween Songs - 69k Followers (+3k):

• #14 Monster (-1)

Halloween Monster Hits - 20k Followers (+5k):

• #22 Monster (-)
  • #42 911 (-6)
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 10/28/2023 at 2:19 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Slut debuting at #1 on Spotify US with 5.6M streams pacing for a #1 debut her 11th #1 

im not saying her stats aren’t impressive but some of these #1s aren’t exactly hits  at the same time IJBOL

On 10/28/2023 at 4:06 PM, Thrasher said:

I feel like TEOG or Yoü and I were more of “GP songs”, Yoü and I wasn’t particularly successful but it did its thing back then. Same for MR which is loved and has good recurrents, but TikTok/Gen Z wouldn’t go for this kind of songs, they pick Judas/Bloody Mary instead. 

back during BTW era TEOG and Y&aI were used to keep the era stable after BTW/Judas ( which is different to what we see now) It seems the key for smash pop for older MPG in streaming era is getting Gen Z on board which is harder as women struggle to keep broader appeal as they age 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09