The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 10/25/2023 at 7:31 AM, Ayobabylon said:

She was an industry plant she was not the one holding charge i think

Rihanna was same but she took control after 2012 and made her own empire 

This was basically part of the issue, and part of the point of my post, she didn't have the strenght or the character, call it as you want to become in charge of her career and decisions, she has always let other people controlling her and this is very common in the industry, eventually you need to grow up and fight back for the control, it's not easy for anyone not just Britney.

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 10/24/2023 at 11:14 PM, monketsharona said:

Britney Spears is probably one of the strongest women in this industry. Not everyone could have been through all the shits she had in her life tbh.

Selma Blair, Shannen Doherty and Christina Applegate are dealing with deadly health conditions, tumors and sclerosis that made two of them almost paralyzed, those in my book are the ones who are dealing with something extremely hard, out of they control and in the unlucky to be in their position they can at least have access to best treatments giving their status when millions of people everyday have to deal with those health issues without having access to a decent medical care and on this board we even had a first proof testimony of that and the dramatic consequences of that situation.

Sorry if I can't consider Brintey a martyr just because she couldn't handle a music career that made her a millionaire at the top of the world and manage to being in control of that like majority of people in the industry had to in order to keep going.

On 10/24/2023 at 8:42 PM, Leptine said:

'Circus' era in general feels totally forgotten.

I never heard a song from that album even casually on radios, tv, ecc since it came out.

Britney discography in general aged like milk.

I disagree. Sure, wouldn't call Womanizer and Circus classics, but I still hear them here and there.

A Popster Is Born 12,801
On 10/24/2023 at 6:40 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Shallow alone is bigger than all Circus singles combined we-

and ARUTW is on par (if not bigger) than each as well

Britney does pop the way it should be done and stayed true to audience not running to old white people after 2 albums.

sexy britney spears GIF

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 10/25/2023 at 8:56 AM, Swallow said:

I disagree. Sure, wouldn't call Womanizer and Circus classics, but I still hear them here and there.

I'm talking my experience obviously, the only songs that I occasionally hear from her on radios or tv are BOMT, Slave, Toxic and Gimme More. I genuinely never heard in years anything that she done post 'Blackout' to the point I don't even remember how the 'Circus' song sounds.

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 10/25/2023 at 9:05 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Britney does pop the way it should be done and stayed true to audience not running to old white people after 2 albums.

sexy britney spears GIF

Even if she wanted she couldn't have relied to old white men collaborations of the like of Bennett or RollingStone either way :oops:

giphy.gif

Popster to Popster 3,901
On 10/25/2023 at 12:26 PM, Swallow said:

Circus' era in general feels totally forgotten.

I never heard a song from that album even casually on radios, tv, ecc since it came out.

Britney discography in general aged like milk.

Edm music usually aged like milk except for few albums

Pop girls at that era just used to focus on selling radio singles no one made body of works 

Popster to Popster 3,901
On 10/25/2023 at 11:37 AM, Leptine said:

Sorry if I can't consider Brintey a martyr just because she couldn't handle a music career that made her a millionaire at the top of the world and manage to being in control of that like majority of people in the industry had to in order to keep going

She was equally mistreated by her family and industry 

• lol 1