The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Moderator 17,110
On 10/23/2023 at 7:19 PM, Aloe said:

gaga’s next album needs to be solo and critically acclaimed like BTW :bradley: she needs to show everyone that she can still deliver solo hits without collabs just like Beyoncé’s and Taylor’s latest albums 

Nobody but stans care about solo hits.

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,464

A collab (if not forced and well executed) is always a good add to an album. 

TFM could have done as amazing if solo. But Beyoncé on Telephone is just an iconic bonus. Best female collab is a long long time. Ariana on ROM is just so natural, a big epic collab between two girls who totally love each other. Elton on SFA is the long waited collab on a Gaga album we are waiting for like a decade.

So yeah the solo drama sh!t only exist on Twitter.

Edited by monketsharona
  • paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 10/23/2023 at 10:49 PM, Aloe said:

gaga’s next album needs to be solo and critically acclaimed like BTW :bradley: she needs to show everyone that she can still deliver solo hits without collabs just like Beyoncé’s and Taylor’s latest albums 

Yes she should go for solo album this time but she should know how critical this album could be for her music legacy

So i dont want her to rush the process of making it and i pray that God is there with her in the studio when she makes this new album because i desperately want a magnum opus from her

An album which doesn't rely just on singles but classic deep cuts

She was almost there with a star is born but it had too many generic pop songs and bradley solos which ruined its cohesiveness and universal acclaim

Instead of eras like tfm or loud or prism

I want album like NFR, Anti, folklore or sos which burns slowly and steadily even when era ends and for that she needs to work hard and make her sound a little more accessible to general public, we can wait till 2025 if its worth the wait❤️

My favorite genre for lg-7 would be synth-pop upbeat songs and rnb-pop ballads

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,636
On 10/23/2023 at 6:32 PM, monketsharona said:

A collab (if not forced and well executed) is always a good add to an album. 

TFM could have done as amazing if solo. But Beyoncé on Telephone is just an iconic bonus. Best female collab is a long long time. Ariana on ROM is just so natural, a big epic collab between two girls totally love each other. Elton on SFO is the long waited collab on a Gaga album we are waiting for like a decade.

So yeah the solo drama sh!t only exist on Twitter.

Ironically the Elton collab felt a lot more forced than the Ariana collab. Blackpink was definitely the worst offender though, going against everything Gaga claimed about collabs, but it would've been fine it at least they gave us a video for it. 

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,827

I should correct myself :katy:, her highest hit from LG7 will most likely do a BM sized chart performance and it’ll be ok as long as the album is critically acclaimed and solo 

A Popster Is Born 10,464
On 10/23/2023 at 7:37 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Ironically the Elton collab felt a lot more forced than the Ariana collab. Blackpink was definitely the worst offender though, going against everything Gaga claimed about collabs, but it would've been fine it at least they gave us a video for it. 

Honestly I have zero issues with most of Gaga's collab. Blackpink was logical. I mean we know she totally loves K Pop. It's just weird we had no K Pop artist on ARTPOP

The only horrible run as collabs is on ARTPOP, she only worked with sh!t and disgusting artists : R.Kelly, TI, Too Short, and the cancelled collabs with Azealia and Robin Thicke.

Edited by monketsharona
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 10/23/2023 at 8:52 PM, monketsharona said:

Honestly I have zero issues with most of Gaga's collab. Blackpink was logical. I mean we know she totally loves K Pop. It's just weird we had no K Pop artist on ARTPOP

The only horrible run as collabs is on ARTPOP, she only worked with sh!t and disgusting artists : R.Kelly, TI, Too Short, and the cancelled collabs with Azealia and Robin Thicke.

Yeah the Blackpink collab made sense because Gaga loves to experiment with her music and we all know that she loves supporting young artists. ARTPOP really by far had the worst collabs

Popster to Popster 4,593
On 10/23/2023 at 7:44 PM, Aloe said:

I should correct myself :katy:, her highest hit from LG7 will most likely do a BM sized chart performance and it’ll be ok as long as the album is critically acclaimed and solo 

I don't think Gaga can manage to have a critically acclaimed album when trash and biased publications like 'Slant' magazine still counts on Metacritic and will give a low score regardless because they hate her.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
On 10/23/2023 at 7:30 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

so you're telling me Nicki Minaj isn't an irrelevant fad?

Brandy Stan Twitter GIF - Brandy Stan Twitter - Discover & Share GIFs

Hide contents

/j

Ofc :darkmode:

OT: GodGa has enough songs with grandpas/legends so let's not act like she *needs* more. Shes gonna do more anyways regardless of if we want her to or not.