The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 41,775
On 10/18/2023 at 9:31 AM, Miaou said:

When this member will understand that Gaga launched Chromatica tour’s sales during the biggest crisis since World War II with a lot of uncertainty :rip:

the economic context for Beyoncé and Taylor is way more favorable than for Gaga :rip:

Gaga’s demand for her tours is insane, the fact that she sold out a stadium in France during an uncertainty situation is actually impressive 

In Europe, maybe. Not in North America.

Oceania and Asia, there's no data to compare to begin with :icant:

Popster for Sale 41,775
On 10/18/2023 at 3:45 AM, China said:

Meaningless to you (which means nothing). I proved what I said and you can't do anything about it, fume.

On 10/18/2023 at 3:49 AM, China said:

No, it's the real world definition. Beyoncé can sing (which even a parakeet can do too) but she will never be a musician, and, imo, she doesn't live up to the "artist" title, she is extremely limited.

You really do live in your own bubble

fake-laugh-laughing.gif

Popster to Popster 3,904
On 10/18/2023 at 2:51 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Yeah well the promo rollout was all going to be very full on in a 4 month window. when something has potential you can see it from the stats, nothings really given that for Chroma - SC would have better streams with MV at least.
I also agree that stans think cause 20 dates sold out more can be added it snot as simple as that you look at things like how fast they sold out, price, demand etc. 

Spotify yday
Hold Me Closer 349k
Hold My Hand 275k
Lift Me Up 275k
Break My Soul 272k
Rain On Me 265k

Is dua indeed Britney's daughter for dance stable @Mario Spears :enigma:

Hold my hand outstreaming rain on me? Im shook

Now I'm convinced that with a proper friday release and TTH placement HMH would've been a top 10 hit with 500k daily streams rn

Its pulling longetivity

Balladga will always put popga to shame bc even on Youtube hmh : 213M views on mv + 7M oscar views + 26M auto generated audio + 10M official audio 

its outviewing entire chromatica+ joanne era combined

She fumbled the bag not making a romantic ballads & promoting it like billie promoting what was I made for?. 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,904
On 10/18/2023 at 3:16 PM, BenG said:

No, it's the real world definition. Beyoncé can sing (which even a parakeet can do too) but she will never be a musician, and, imo, she doesn't live up to the "artist" title, she is extremely limited.

The most acclaimed mainstream Artist is not a real Artist according to you bc she aint a banjo player?

Worms in the brains literally 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,775
On 10/18/2023 at 1:29 PM, Ayobabylon said:

The most acclaimed mainstream Artist is not a real Artist according to you bc she aint a banjo player?

Worms in the brains literally 

nnn not you quoting me when I didn't write that

Moderator 17,110
On 10/18/2023 at 2:08 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

ARUTW 655k
Cuff it 611k

HMH 275k
BMS 272k

Timeless classics only 
perxepm.gif

Fun fact, today Cuff It was released 1 year, two months, two weeks and five days ago.

At the same time, the update for Rain On Me was 660.825.299 (+635.909). Rain On Me was already seen as a bit of a frontloaded single back then, so with Cuff It actually doing worse in a much better streaming environment... :awkney:

Spoiler
On 8/10/2021 at 5:02 PM, Gagacharts said:

Gaga´s Spotiy update:

Born This Way - 325.265.449 (+249.760)

Just Dance - 432.896.133 (+389.756)

ARUTW - 639.670.717 (+412.731)

Poker Face - 571.286.694 (+437.335)

Bad Romance - 596.752.089 (+467.730)

Rain On Me - 660.825.299 (+635.909) [21k more than last week]

Shallow - 1.571.824.899 (+809.258)

• paws up 3

Popster to Popster 3,904
On 10/18/2023 at 6:05 PM, corvus albus said:

Fun fact, today Cuff It was released 1 year, two months, two weeks and five days ago.

At the same time, the update for Rain On Me was 660.825.299 (+635.909). Rain On Me was already seen as a bit of a frontloaded single back then, so with Cuff It actually doing worse in a much better streaming environment... :awkney:

Hide contents

As much i adore beyoncé i think her music is more critic centred and it lacks longetivity after promo cycle is over

But its excellent stuff thats why it sticks very well when she promotes it e.g. renaissance 

Popster to Popster 3,904

TikTok monsters aim should be to make asib tracks go viral instead of hml & replay stuff bc asib will easily re-enter charts if something blows up from it and songs have potential as well

E g INLA is hidden from GP bc its too excellent to get 120k daily streams 

Same with is that alright? I dont know what love is & music to my eyes

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 10/17/2023 at 5:03 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Chromatica neither has catchy beats or interesting production, relatable lyrics to catch attention  on TikTok e.g BM has a banging production & catchy hook same with most of her early stuff which goes viral

Why don't we see anything blowing up from joanne & chromatica well bc there is a reason behind it 

Because nobody is trying to push these songs on TikTok, Replay, 911, Babylon are songs that can totally work for a tiktok moment, even Joanne has John Wayne that can work but with Gaga's fanbase, you can have the most tiktok viral songs ever in your catalogue and they still wont happen because they are lazy af. Bloody Mary was NOWHERE before that random video on tiktok with the Wednesday dance happened, I clearly remember people saying that Born This Way didn't got better streams back then because it was outdated, suddenly everyone's perspective changed after we got lucky for once with that trend. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,106

f- THE patriarchy 

She writes in the book: "If it had been left up to me alone, I never would have done it. And yet Justin was so sure that he didn’t want to be a father."

:giveup: :crying:

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,106
On 10/17/2023 at 6:06 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

58 (+29) One Of Your Girls Troye Sivan 1,813,083 (+331k)

55 (+3) One Of Your Girls Troye Sivan 1,824,086

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 17,110
On 10/18/2023 at 3:33 PM, emig_09 said:

f- THE patriarchy 

She writes in the book: "If it had been left up to me alone, I never would have done it. And yet Justin was so sure that he didn’t want to be a father."

:giveup: :crying:

No matter if Justins decisions came from a selfish place, but his argument that they were both too young, with Britney being 19 at the time, is absolutely right. We saw how it went with her later kids and how she got stripped of her visitation rights even. It was a mature decision. Let's not forget the astounding level of misogyny women faced even back then.

• sad 1