The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 41,785
On 10/13/2023 at 5:04 PM, China said:

No, daily streams don't mean anything. Any song can go viral anytime and anywhere, just as it can suddenly plummet.

As if lifetime average is not affected by those same factors :icant:

Imagine saying that reaching the Hot 100 Top 5 with a solo song on your sixth album in the middle of your 30s is bad when Katy Perry, the third artist with the most #1 Hot 100 hits in this century, can't even debut nowadays.

On 10/13/2023 at 1:11 PM, BenG said:

As if lifetime average is not affected by those same factors :icant:

They are part of it but they don't tell you about the big picture. Streams are the result of a number of factors. Walk Me Home spent a month longer on TTH than Stupid Love and even so its stream average is lower, but magically this performance becomes better on this forum just because some of you don't like Stupid Love.

Popster for Sale 41,785
On 10/13/2023 at 5:22 PM, China said:

They are part of it but they don't tell you about the big picture. Streams are the result of a number of factors. Walk Me Home spent a month longer on TTH than Stupid Love and even so its stream average is lower, but magically this performance becomes better on this forum just because some of you don't like Stupid Love.

Neither are viral now. These are their steady-state daily streams. Whoever is higher will win in the long run, regardless of prior streams and factors/promo.

On 10/13/2023 at 10:06 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

She needs to bring the energy of that interludes into next era. The difference in quality between the SL MV and TCB visuals is abysmal. 

Different concepts and proposals. Gays need to understand that not everything Gaga drops has to be dark and gloomy.

On 10/13/2023 at 1:25 PM, BenG said:

Neither are viral now. These are their steady-state daily streams. Whoever is higher will win in the long run, regardless of prior streams and factors/promo.

Yes, but that can change from day to night, that's why I said that daily streams don't mean anything, nobody knows what could happen in the future. A year ago on this same date, no one even expected the global viral that Bloody Mary would become, for example.

• lol 1

"Lady Gaga — Jazz & Piano (Leg 7): Avg gross/night: $1,419,176 Avg capacity: 4,889 Avg price: $290.28 No. of shows: 12 Leg gross: $17,030,112"

lady gaga applause GIF by Saturday Night Live

"With the addition of the new boxscores from the 7th leg of "Jazz & Piano", Lady Gaga's Las Vegas residency has now grossed over $96,935,702. She still has one last leg of 10 shows to honor."

lady gaga applause GIF

"Lady Gaga's new Las Vegas leg (Aug. 31 through Oct. 5), consisting of 12 shows, reached 58,668 for an average of 4,889 per night, while her gross came to just over $17 million."

Joanne GIF by Lady Gaga

Via Chartgaga on Twitter!

Edited by Ms Arid Lost
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 6

On 10/13/2023 at 6:34 PM, Ms Arid Lost said:

"Lady Gaga — Jazz & Piano (Leg 7): Avg gross/night: $1,419,176 Avg capacity: 4,889 Avg price: $290.28 No. of shows: 12 Leg gross: $17,030,112"

lady gaga applause GIF by Saturday Night Live

"With the addition of the new boxscores from the 7th leg of "Jazz & Piano", Lady Gaga's Las Vegas residency has now grossed over $96,935,702. She still has one last leg of 10 shows to honor."

lady gaga applause GIF

"Lady Gaga's new Las Vegas leg (Aug. 31 through Oct. 5), consisting of 12 shows, reached 58,668 for an average of 4,889 per night, while her gross came to just over $17 million."

Joanne GIF by Lady Gaga

Via Chartgaga on Twitter!

She had an average of 4,889 people per show when the full capacity is 5,000. The demand is there.

lady gaga telephone GIF

On 10/11/2023 at 1:56 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

Hello

Spotify WW

Kill Bill #28(-6) *11 months old*

Flowers #52(-33) *10 months old*

Anti-Hero #60(-24) *12 months old*

Calm Down #63(-21) *14 months old*

The obsession:laughga:You really dug up my months-old message just to show me that Flowers is still in second place. And it is guaranteed to become the IFPI single of the year of the year. Imagine being so pressed over Miley's #1 solo smash hit:dead: 

Pop-a-911-ster 28,921
x3
On 10/13/2023 at 6:35 PM, China said:

Ironically, global solo hit Stupid Love went PLATINUM today in the UK :laughga: :applause:

460739f2bf72888efa4e72aefacef5f758596bc0

Global hit? 

Are you including all countries of a fake world like planet Chromatica to make it seem like a global hit? 

Even Oblivian Katy Perry hits sound more global than this.

On 10/13/2023 at 6:55 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

The obsession:laughga:You really dug up my months-old message just to show me that Flowers is still in second place. And it is guaranteed to become the IFPI single of the year of the year. Imagine being so pressed over Miley's #1 solo smash hit:dead: 

Please, I love Miley. I’m just proving Flowers longevity is BAD

On 10/13/2023 at 2:29 PM, little legend said:

Global hit? 

Are you including all countries of a fake world like planet Chromatica to make it seem like a global hit? 

Even Oblivian Katy Perry hits sound more global than this.

It's ok, not everyone has good taste.

jujupix-jujuoliveira.gif

On 10/13/2023 at 1:56 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Flowers and Greedy are shaping up to be the biggest female hits of the year. Two great pop songs. I feel like Greedy will eventually hit #1 in the U.S. 

What a bland song and basic girl. Auto-tune popping. She didn't even dub the song in the video properly. Amateur cheerleader choreography. Tiktok needs to stop creating these "artists".

On 10/13/2023 at 9:03 PM, China said:

What a bland song and basic girl. Auto-tune popping. She didn't even dub the song in the video properly. Amateur cheerleader choreography. Tiktok needs to stop creating these "artists".

Yeah, this is exactly what I wanted. Basic, soulless, plastic-sounding. Greedy is a great pop song. I just want pop girls to give us bops instead of pretending to be artists.     

On 10/13/2023 at 3:20 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Yeah, this is exactly what I wanted. Basic, soulless, plastic-sounding. Greedy is a great pop song. I just want pop girls to give us bops instead of pretending to be artists.     

Tiktok already exists for that, to give a career to sub-celebrities who think they are singers.