What Was I Made For? — 15%

Streaming points:

What Was I Made For? — 82%

Barbie World — 54%

Dance The Night — 49%

Thank u radio :applause:

Radio is part of the popularity game so I see no problem 

it’s been like that since ages 

A lot of Rihanna songs were #1 with the help of radio format so suddenly with Dua it is payola ? 
the excuses :applause:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828

The slayage in Belgium :rip:

DTN

• Flanders : 09-08-08-08-06-06-08-05-04-03-01-03-02-03-03-

• Wallonia 33-17-07-05-08-02-03-01-01-01-01-01-01-01-

:applause:

Edited by Miaou

On 9/11/2023 at 2:27 PM, Thatkat4 said:

Even Joanne cleared 200k opening week after Artpop and Perfect Illusion. Why wouldn't LG7 clear that when Gaga's career is in a significantly better place? 

Fun fact: when Gaga released Joanne, she had no song on the US radio Top 100 and no song on TTH (because her team is always 5 years behind) and yet Joanne opened with over 200k in the US. Imagine saying that Gaga needs a hit or radio support to debut with big numbers.

• love 1

On 9/11/2023 at 4:11 PM, Miaou said:

A lot of Rihanna songs were #1 with the help of radio format so suddenly with Dua it is payola ? 
the excuses :applause:

But everyone knows that Rihanna, Katy and even Beyoncé have always been carried by radio, it's no wonder that Beyoncé was crowned the female artist of the 2000s by Billboard but it was Britney who sold the most in that decade. However, that doesn't change the fact that Dua receives massive payola from day one.

Popster to Popster 2,930
On 9/11/2023 at 9:11 PM, Miaou said:

The reason why Gaga needs to change her label. Republic is an excellent candidate, it will have a lot of decision-making autonomy but also a lot of support

• thanks 1

On 9/11/2023 at 2:24 PM, radio said:

Gaga knows how to garner a high debut. She'll get 200K+ again if there's momentum built and public interest. I think we're forgetting that her sales normally drop with a huge margin in week 2, but the debuts have always been notoriously strong due to her fanbase.

Some people here act like Gaga is in a Katy Perry-career situation. Have they already forget that last year she sold out a stadium tour for an album that was already 2 years old and that she is selling out a new Vegas leg with more expensive tickets with less than 1 month of sale?

Pop-a-911-ster 27,147
On 9/11/2023 at 4:57 PM, corvus albus said:

She can reach 300K by this point. It's still just Monday.

it's a good album and I expected a #1 but with less than 200k (before HDD report) so I'm impressed

On 9/11/2023 at 9:38 PM, ReadyGaga said:

The reason why Gaga needs to change her label. Republic is an excellent candidate, it will have a lot of decision-making autonomy but also a lot of support

We need to let down this idea, she won't change label. She is fine with Interscope as they are not that demanding and she doesn't really care that much either. 

For success in the future it'll be more about the chance factor if the GP is going crazy or not about her songs. Exactly with what happen with ASIB, which was totally surprising at the first place tbh 

Even with this neither her label or her team push that much this huge success (ASIB, Bloody Mary) so I totally give up the idea that they will do anything to make her smash in the future.

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 442

Interscope is an amazing label, and the team has always backed her. The labels job with someone like Gaga is to meet the artist where they want, and Gaga isn't focused on the things we are. 

Edited by radio

On 9/11/2023 at 5:26 PM, radio said:

Interscope is an amazing label, and the team has always backed her. The labels job with someone like Gaga is to meet the artist where they want, and Gaga isn't focused on the things we are. 

Amazing is not the word, they are good at most, let's not lie, there are better record companies.

The Fame Popster 442
On 9/11/2023 at 4:39 PM, China said:

Amazing is not the word, they are good at most, let's not lie, there are better record companies.

No, literally top earning and they've been there for her through every sound change/iteration. Chromatica was going to be one of their biggest campaigns, but it was Gaga who decided to focus efforts on other things.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=333887&title=2022-(NEARLY)-FINAL-MARKETSHARE#:~:text=John Janick's Interscope Geffen A%26M,the champagne corks are popped. 

• paws up 1