The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 8/29/2023 at 2:19 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Plastic hearts charting

NFR returning to charts own it own

Where is the lack of promo gang at? People often blame the fandom and labels when music underperforms but never the Artist for putting out undewhelming work

Plastic Hearts got a big boost thanks to the Miley resurgence with Flowers. I hope Chromatica gets a similar boost one day since it deserves it. 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 8/29/2023 at 6:33 PM, Thatkat4 said:

Plastic Hearts got a big boost thanks to the Miley resurgence with Flowers. I hope Chromatica gets a similar boost one day since it deserves it. 

U just made that up 

• lol 2

On 8/29/2023 at 9:08 AM, Ayobabylon said:

U just made that up 

Lol, no I didn't. It literally reentered the Billboard charts the week after Flowers came out. Plastic Hearts original run was only 32 weeks. 

Edited by Thatkat4
  • thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108

Longest charting female albums on the Billboard 200 of all time

#1. 21* - Adele (578 weeks) [This Week: #192]
#2. Born To Die* - Lana Del Rey (498 weeks) [This Week: #54]
#3. 1989* - Taylor Swift (454 weeks) [This Week: #17]
#4. ANTI* - Rihanna (382 weeks) [This Week: #101]
#5. Teenage Dream* - Katy Perry (338 weeks) [This Week: #137]

#6. The Fame* - Lady Gaga (329 weeks) [This Week: #86]
#7. CTRL* - SZA (324 weeks) [This Week: #60]
#8. Tapestry - Carole King (318 weeks)
#9. Taylor Swift* - Taylor Swift (284 weeks weeks) [This Week: #182]
#10. Fearless - Taylor Swift (261 weeks)

#11. reputation* - Taylor Swift (257 weeks) [This Week: #19]

* still charting

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 8/29/2023 at 2:08 PM, Ayobabylon said:

U just made that up 

Literally that happened

Miley is actually reminding me of Gaga rn when she got a streaming base. For the first time, ive heard a lot of older people be like 'wow i really like miley cryus, shes talented' i went to a family bbq the other day and all the 40+ were stanning flowers so its happening lol

Other dems are discovering her music through that, and i think this is also why UTBY is a weird one cause she's like 29 talking about how she 'used to be young' its appealing to older people lol

Spoiler

If you wanted to shade Chroma again you could've just said TFM/BTW/ASIB would get boosts :billie:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108

US Radio

#68 +12 Miley Cyrus - Used To Be Young 16.38    +2.89
#81 +21 Selena Gomez - Single Soon 13.34    +2.51

:horse_race:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,712
On 8/29/2023 at 4:11 PM, Doncho said:

We are so lucky that despite Gaga s team doing nothing for the song, the GP still supported and made it a smash :giveup:

The best song of history for a reason

oh GODGA

• thanks 1
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 44,648
On 8/29/2023 at 3:53 PM, monketsharona said:

I would definitely go back streaming Chromatica a lot more than ARTPOP and Joanne. This album will take all my hype streams along with TF/M and BTW when she'll announce new album.

It's the album I enjoy listening casually the most. I think it flows really well, which makes for easy listening, for me it just starts to lose a bit of steam in the with SFA-100 Doves back to back, but Babylon is always worth it. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
On 8/29/2023 at 5:25 PM, ClownOreos said:

It's the album I enjoy listening casually the most. I think it flows really well, which makes for easy listening, for me it just starts to lose a bit of steam in the with SFA-100 Doves back to backbut Babylon is always worth it. 

these are my two faves :icant:

• shook 1
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

On 8/29/2023 at 4:14 PM, Thatkat4 said:

Lol, no I didn't. It literally reentered the Billboard charts the week after Flowers came out. Plastic Hearts original run was only 32 weeks. 

Its because of dupa lipe stole her song. 

On 8/29/2023 at 11:56 AM, BloodyMary said:

Its because of dupa lipe stole her song. 

That's partly true. I don't imagine Prisoner was getting enough US streams at that point to keep Plastic Hearts charting for more than a few extra weeks on the Billboard 200. But it is messed up that they just plopped Prisoner on the end of Future Nostalgia and Plastic Hearts lost all the streaming points from its second single. It would have been like if Ariana's label put Rain on Me onto Positions. :katy:

Edited by Thatkat4

On 8/29/2023 at 11:28 AM, Andreu said:

these are my two faves :icant:

Right? People claim those are the worst tracks on Chromatica but I love both. To this day I think 1000 Doves would have smashed HOT AC radio and given Gaga another cute platnium hit.