The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 7/20/2023 at 9:10 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

if it was a hit it would be one of streaming from the #1 on TTH then take off radio so i think you were right :billiecat: they tested the waters, what would be the point of a song doing 20 weeks on radio that charted a week WW thats just a radio fuelled hit. 

It would also ruin her reputation with radio, so RCA have been smart imo. They get it right with the occasional act :rip:

Pop-a-911-ster 28,922
x3

I don't understand the hype for the new Barbie movie and how critics like Grace said that is the greatest movie ever and etc. 

Based on the trailers, it looks super cheap, bad , low quality and etc. 

Not that I'm thinking about it Stupid Love could easily be part if the soundtrack of this movie. It's a perfect match.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,712

The sped up version of Bloody Mary was played last night during a local party at the city hall of a tiny village in France :rip:

everyone knew the lyrics and when the « dance dance with my hands » part came everyone screamed :rip:

BM is such a monster hit I hate her team with a passion :rip:

• sad 1

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 7/20/2023 at 10:29 AM, ClownOreos said:

40 (-7) Rush Troye Sivan 2,096,416    
Payola is needed! 

i told you the big boosts for this song at first gave auto-play teas :billie:

On 7/20/2023 at 10:35 AM, little legend said:

I don't understand the hype for the new Barbie movie and how critics like Grace said that is the greatest movie ever and etc. 

Not that I'm thinking about it Stupid Love could easily be part if the soundtrack of this movie. It's a perfect match.

i agree it looks like total garbage. Maybe it is really good and they did that on purpose to make it look better if people have low expectations

• lol 3

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 7/20/2023 at 11:35 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

The song is a bop but I wouldn’t be surprised if the song is receiving the same Tik Tok Payola ‘About Damn Time’ received - Lizzo and Troye share a manager after all :icant:

Popster for Sale 44,649
On 7/20/2023 at 11:35 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i agree it looks like total garbage. Maybe it is really good and they did that on purpose to make it look better if people have low expectations

it was because it was the first full debut :lesson:

nothing about this song's spotify run suggests auto-play, so far at least 

Moderator 17,110
On 7/20/2023 at 12:35 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I watched it yesterday and the movie is really good. It's a lot more introspective and slower than one would expect and the humor is very internet-humor, but it's an intelligent movie. Aesthetically, it's mainly using homages to how one would play with a Barbie, which explains why design choices most of the times.

• shook 1

On 7/20/2023 at 4:35 AM, little legend said:

America Ferrera is a box office elixir. 

• shook 1

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 7/20/2023 at 2:16 PM, Aloe said:

The new Britney song… she should stay in the studio longer to think of better tunes instead of browsing Instagram :bebe:

people melted down about HMC at first and S&M. One gave Rihanna a charity #1 the other spent weeks on USA Pop radio with good callouts (which is not easy to do as we know). Britney's art is one that has to settle with listeners. 

Popster for Sale 44,649
On 7/20/2023 at 2:59 PM, Delusional said:

Jungkook and Latto break the record for fastest song to reach 100M streams with just 6 days. Looks like we got another Flowers and fast, @lookwhatyoumademedo thoughts? 

I'll have to agree with look on this one... even if a lot of people outside the k-pop rabid fanbase were listening to the song, which I doubt, it's still not a female solo song.