The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2

If it’s so easy to be successful with low quality music then certain artiste should find it very easy charting longer than a year on the bb200 but they don’t so that’s a kii 

ARTPOPster 1,238
On 7/5/2023 at 11:04 AM, Delusional said:

If it’s so easy to be successful with low quality music then certain artiste should find it very easy charting longer than a year on the bb200 but they don’t so that’s a kii 

I'm sure you don't know what quality music is, even if it punch you in the face

Popster This Way 708

Please you all are crazy comparing Poker Face with Flowers based on six months charts. It is ridiculous.

I mean it is obvious that Flowers is a huge smash from 2023, but to reach the legacy of Poker Face it has a long way to go, more specifically 15 years.

None of us know how Flowers is going to stand the test of time, something that Póker Face has already achieved. 

• thanks 7

Popster This Way 650
On 7/5/2023 at 12:48 PM, BloodyRain said:

Please you all are crazy comparing Poker Face with Flowers based on six months charts. It is ridiculous.

I mean it is obvious that Flowers is a huge smash from 2023, but to reach the legacy of Poker Face it has a long way to go, more specifically 15 years.

None of us know how Flowers is going to stand the test of time, something that Póker Face has already achieved. 

Yeah,

Instant success is one thing, and longevity and impact is another.

Just look at some monster hits like "Happy" or almost any Mariah Carey's #1: they had a tremendous success on their original chart-run, but they are already forgotten. 

No one can guarantee that Flowers will end-up being a classic.

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711

Poker Face covered by one of the biggest French bands ever and the crowd singing :applause:

oh GODGA the impact of your global smashes are unmatched :applause:

certain artists can’t relate

Edited by Miaou
  • paws up 1
  • shook 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 7/4/2023 at 10:50 PM, Fame Romance said:

Oh wow huge 

Nicki wishes

Nicki wishes She get a solo #1

Popster to Popster 3,903

So, her team finally are gonna do something 👀

And Chromatica was trending on Twitter 

• paws up 1
  • shook 1

On 7/5/2023 at 1:52 PM, Andraslop said:

Yeah,

Instant success is one thing, and longevity and impact is another.

Just look at some monster hits like "Happy" or almost any Mariah Carey's #1: they had a tremendous success on their original chart-run, but they are already forgotten. 

No one can guarantee that Flowers will end-up being a classic.

Mariah Carey's number ones were quick payola-driven "hits." Even WBT was very local. Happy is still one of the biggest smashes ever. Longevity is highly skewed by Spotify playlisting. Most of the "classics" get streamed because they receive a lot of playlisting support from Spotify.  

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 7/5/2023 at 10:17 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Mariah Carey's number ones were quick payola-driven "hits." Even WBT was very local. Happy is still one of the biggest smashes ever. Longevity is highly skewed by Spotify playlisting. Most of the "classics" get streamed because they receive a lot of playlisting support from Spotify.  

I agree on this line

A Popster Is Born 11,535
On 7/5/2023 at 12:10 AM, JennyWayne said:

You know Cruel Summer was the Swiftie-version of ARUTW for the longest time. They wanted it to be the final single off Lover for 3 years before it finally happened. Maybe there's still hope for ARUTW :bradley:

Ugh we need it to go virally viral after Chroma Bally Ball release and start getting 3-4M daily updates, surpass Fadllow and become GodGa's most streamed song in the future yup yup :pray:

Popster to Popster 4,611
On 7/5/2023 at 12:19 AM, IJustWorkHere said:

@Leptine YEAH b*ch YEAH b*ch

YAAASSSS.png

Sadly it got reversed, chile I was ready to celebrate when I read, this is the result of him kissing the a** of moderators in HQ I fear. 

Edited by Leptine

On 7/5/2023 at 4:56 PM, emig_09 said:

I agree on this line

I don't get the obsession with recurrent streams that some stans have since they are mostly driven by good playlisting, some viral moments or big fanbases. It's not like these older hits have impact or relevance. 

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 7/5/2023 at 3:17 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Put some respect on Mariah's name. 

And She doesn't Need streams and She doesn't have anything to prove anymore 

Edited by Mario Spears

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 7/5/2023 at 11:35 AM, Mario Spears said:

:applause:

• paws up 1

On 7/5/2023 at 5:35 PM, Mario Spears said:

No? She's a laughing stock, and her chart fraud has been well-documented. The gays need to stop blindly worshiping these hags. 

The only reason why she has so many #1s is because her singles were discounted to 49 cents when the average price was $3. Her chart-topping success is an illusion. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mariah-carey-is-a-true-star-but-her-career-is-based_b_586c236ee4b068764965c508

Popster for Sale 41,786
On 7/5/2023 at 4:15 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

I got selected for all the 5 dates I choose for Taylor :giveup:

You're about to go on a McDonald's diet :giveup:

• lol 5