The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 26,461
On 5/9/2023 at 9:13 AM, BloodyOreo said:

Bad Romance is also out of top 500 on youtube again :scared: It's kinda underperforming compared to her other huge hits. A shame since for me it's THE Lady Gaga song. Maybe we can blame Judas? @Dean Judaster

Maybe it's a generational thing. Bad Romance was carrying Gaga's stats in the late 10s (pre-ASIB) when the GP saw Gaga as a nostalgia/legacy act. As you said it is THE quintessential Lady Gaga song (and music video). However, with the advent of tiktok and the younger generation, it's very hard to tell. PF and JD may seem more nostalgic to them becuase they were earlier songs? I can't say they like straightforward pop more because they also enjoyed Judas and Bloody Mary. I really ahve nothing much else but it is definitely weird.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 5/9/2023 at 10:31 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

And ESV is doing fine for someone who's 16 years into her career. Flowers is still pretty high on streaming platforms, so it will have a cute Bangerz-like chart run in the U.S. 

ESV & Chromatica both ended up being bigger than Folkbore

And Folkbore Is Tayble's only entry There. Where Evermore or MIDnights? LMAO

Popster to Popster 3,081
On 5/9/2023 at 8:13 AM, BloodyOreo said:

Bad Romance is also out of top 500 on youtube again :scared: It's kinda underperforming compared to her other huge hits. A shame since for me it's THE Lady Gaga song. Maybe we can blame Judas? @Dean Judaster

Jesus outsold. Purrrrr. 

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,753
On 5/9/2023 at 3:28 PM, BloodyOreo said:

no help me need me intro? :scared:

maybe gaga should take some notes from this girlie :applause:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,655
On 5/9/2023 at 2:38 PM, Mario Spears said:

GODua at #2 :applause:

The quality and success from the pop queen :applause:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,347
On 5/9/2023 at 2:34 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Maybe it's a generational thing. Bad Romance was carrying Gaga's stats in the late 10s (pre-ASIB) when the GP saw Gaga as a nostalgia/legacy act. As you said it is THE quintessential Lady Gaga song (and music video). However, with the advent of tiktok and the younger generation, it's very hard to tell. PF and JD may seem more nostalgic to them becuase they were earlier songs? I can't say they like straightforward pop more because they also enjoyed Judas and Bloody Mary. I really ahve nothing much else but it is definitely weird.

I gues with these things there are so many factors and different possibilities that it's impossible to draw an actual conclusion, the same way there are smashes that are tanking in daily streams nowadays and song that flopped  back then having healthy streams.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 5/9/2023 at 3:02 PM, Miaou said:

GODua at #2 :applause:

The quality and success from the pop queen :applause:

GODua and Doja both in the top 3 🙌👏

Because both are Indeed Serving QUALITY & SUCCESS! Queens! 

Edited by Mario Spears

Popster to Popster 3,903

@Miaou also notice how Renaissance with no promo, no performances, no mvs etc did Better than NM5 & Folkbore.

Edited by Mario Spears

Popstanne 8,166
On 5/9/2023 at 2:34 PM, Dean Judaster said:

I think it has to do with her being inactive at the moment and BR not being helped by TikTok trends.

JD, PF, Judas etc. kinda are, Shallow/ARUTW are organic, ROM is rising due to Pride Month incoming etc. 

On 5/9/2023 at 3:38 PM, Mario Spears said:

And ESV will easily clear 1M points when it's all said and done. But some members claim that Flowers is smaller than Cardigan because Folkbore sold way more than ESV:billie:    

• love 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 5/9/2023 at 3:14 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

And ESV will easily clear 1M points when it's all said and done. But some members claim that Flowers is smaller than Cardigan because Folkbore sold way more than ESV:billie:    

EXACTLY. This i know!

But i thought Tayble Swiffer was the biggest pop girl right now

honeycardi-saweetie-laughing.gif

Yeah 

tiffany-pollard-laughing.gif

Pop-a-911-ster 31,655
On 5/9/2023 at 3:11 PM, Mario Spears said:

@Miaou also notice how Renaissance with no promo, no performances, no mvs etc did Better than NM5 & Folkbore.

Yeah even if the era received payola from radios especially in the US, Bey kinda slayed with Cuff It considering the fact that she is in the business since 25 years now

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 44,583
On 5/9/2023 at 2:14 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Are the people claiming Flowers is smaller than Cardigan in the room with us? 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,801
On 5/9/2023 at 1:34 PM, Dean Judaster said:

i think Bad Romance will thrive when Gaga comes back into the fold - its more linked to her.

Once she drops another organic hit with good curation or does a major promo spot, BR will shoot up on Spotify/YT.

PF and JD are really fitting in rn with tiktok and the other bangers come into fashion. GP are still as  unpredictable as ever when it comes to the MPGs lol @BloodyOreo

• paws up 1

On 5/9/2023 at 4:38 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Are the people claiming Flowers is smaller than Cardigan in the room with us? 

Yes, some people have been bringing up ESV sales for months to downplay the success of Flowers. They suggest that the underperformance of ESV somehow nullifies the immense success of its lead single. By their logic, Cardigan is much bigger because Folklore is more successful than ESV.

168158051788007446.thumb.jpeg.4b02644aaf

• love 1

Popster for Sale 44,583
On 5/9/2023 at 2:49 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Yes, some people have been bringing up ESV sales for months to downplay the success of Flowers. They suggest that the underperformance of ESV somehow nullifies the immense success of its lead single. By their logic, Cardigan is much bigger because Folklore is more successful than ESV.

168158051788007446.thumb.jpeg.4b02644aaf

Weird

• paws up 1