The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 1/8/2024 at 12:15 PM, Leptine said:

I think she could potentially recreate another dark pop era with an adult evolvement that would fit more her age and a more mature imagine, basically a sort of dark 'Ray of Light', but it's up to her going in that direction.

Gays and their obsession with dark pop...

Her last three albums have swung around dark themes (drugs and betrayal, dead aunt and suicide), the public is fed up with these Dantesque themes.

What Gaga needs right now is fun, no-strings-attached songs like she did on her debut album, songs about dancing and having fun, to bring the audience to her side instead of pushing them away. Also, she seemed much happier until ARTPOP than after it, as she is an artist who gets so involved in her projects, they end up permeating her. She needs this even more than we do.

On 1/8/2024 at 6:56 PM, Andreu said:

Deserved #1 but wbk the hot100 is a fraud

This basic a** song didn't even deserve to go Top 40. It could be on any Taylor Swift pop album and no one would notice. I'm tired of talentless Tiktok dancers thinking they're artists.

A Popster Is Born 10,466
On 1/9/2024 at 5:47 AM, Gabi said:

She’s definitely coming this year

A summer release is very possible 

Knowing Joker promo is coming to take a big part of her time in September and after, I'd say LG7 could come even earlier than Summer

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,611
On 1/9/2024 at 3:58 AM, China said:

Her last three albums have swung around dark themes (drugs and betrayal, dead aunt and suicide), the public is fed up with these Dantesque themes.

What Gaga needs right now is fun, no-strings-attached songs like she did on her debut album, songs about dancing and having fun, to bring the audience to her side instead of pushing them away. Also, she seemed much happier until ARTPOP than after it, as she is an artist who gets so involved in her projects, they end up permeating her. She needs this even more than we do.

'Stupid Love' with a whole video about dancing and having fun fit perfectly your description and we saw how it was embraced by the audience, also for dark pop people just meant what she did in her early projects that are the ones who are keep getting new peaks on her streaming numbers, it's not about themes only, 'Joanne' has nothing to do with that definition.

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 1/8/2024 at 1:04 PM, Swallow said:

"and rising"

well its not like the number can decrease :toofunny:

On 1/8/2024 at 8:24 PM, Swallow said:

A meme going viral does not measure someone's current popularity :toofunny:

And you thought +50% is 2x, let's all be nice and not condescending

4822-F10-C-89-F9-4226-9751-7-A072-FDA860

• lol 3
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,908

My point is that is why do y'all want darkpop again when sge already gave you two magnum opuses in that genre 

Gays need to move on from 2010 and Redone 

her career would've tanked like britney after circus if y'all handled it 

Let her evolve as an artist and just pray and manifest evolving quality music from miss Stefani 

Popstanne 9,702

They can interwine J2 and LG7 promos.

J2 will obviously have big promo budget, having a recent album would only helps in its visibility. Also she proved she can tour even with 2 years old album, so tour can start in summer 2025.

Popster This Way 588
On 1/9/2024 at 11:36 AM, Ayobabylon said:

My point is that is why do y'all want darkpop again when sge already gave you two magnum opuses in that genre 

Let her evolve as an artist and just pray and manifest evolving quality music from miss Stefani 

We need a positive album filled with light and love and relatable lyrics. GP responds to that better. 

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 1/9/2024 at 6:06 AM, Ayobabylon said:

It’s the laziest direction for her career to take and centred around gays wanting familiarity (like how they stan Lana)

No straight forward 2 minute dance production . No dark pop. 

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 1/9/2024 at 11:56 AM, The_Archer said:

We need a positive album filled with light and love and relatable lyrics. GP responds to that better. 

Exactly its been so long her music radiated happiness i need the fame esque deep cuts but not electropop 

She should go synth-disco/ psychedelic

And should work extra hard on meticulous production on deep cuts 

I think the major reason born this way deep cuts is catching gp attention bc of the unique sounding production

On 1/8/2024 at 8:58 PM, China said:

The Fame was also dark. It had songs like Paparazzi, Paper Gangsta, I Like It Rough, and even Poker Face was rather dark compared to contemporary pop of the time.

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 1/9/2024 at 12:29 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

It’s the laziest direction for her career to take and centred around gays wanting familiarity (like how they stan Lana)

No straight forward 2 minute dance production . No dark pop. 

f- them gays 

She should be more charts and awards obsessed

Need her to win that long deserving AOTY before she retires

And i think its a lot easiler for her to win AOTY now than it was 10 years ago when she was extremely polarising to recieve unanimous love from grammy members in major categories 

Now they like to reward her regularly in non-major categories for albums like joanne asib and chromatica 

All she needs is a universally acclaimed strong body of work and i actually see her getting love from the grammy in big 4 categories 

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 1/9/2024 at 12:37 PM, GraceRandolph said:

The Fame was also dark. It had songs like Paparazzi, Paper Gangsta, I Like It Rough, and even Poker Face was rather dark compared to contemporary pop of the time.

I said deep cuts 

And overall the fame is not a dark album tbh 

And i dont think any of them are dark in sound 

Maybe lyrics are dark but thats it