The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 26,487
On 1/2/2024 at 6:02 AM, PanPikus said:

Let's also not forget how tragic playlisting Gaga's hits have on Spotify. For Bloody Mary being such a viral smash the playlists are in the trenches :sassysalem:

Speaking of playlisting, This is Lady Gaga was last updated on a date that has great meaning to me and they pushed Judas further down by one spot to 28. Also hate the fact that it's outdone Telephone for some weeks now (even reached top 7 a few times) and is still 9th in Gaga's most popular

angry dean winchester GIF by WhoSay

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108

Amazing amazing! all this streams in the USA needed for the BB 200 presence of The Fame

• paws up 3
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,756

It’s -20C here today and january promises to continue with extreme cold temperatures :enigma:

godga please drop LG7 before i freeze to death :lesson:

• shook 2
  • hugs 1

A Popster Is Born 11,534

Spotify Poland 

#159 Just Dance 27,803 streams 

Survived another day :peacega:

Also interesting, when you go on Colby O'Donis page on Spotify, Just Dance isn't in his Top5. Don't cry oghs with your broken narrative of Colby :icant: making it a hit, when he's not even the lead on it :oops:

• paws up 2
  • lol 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 14,779
On 1/2/2024 at 8:07 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Femme Fatale is objectively better than Artpop. Inside Out, Hold It Against Me, Trip to Your Heart, and He About to Lose Me are good pop songs. 

The only good songs on Artpop are Sexxx Dreams, Donatella, and DWUW. 

you're lucky we can't flop-react anymore 

• lol 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Unpopular opinion: Perfectionist > most of the The Fame. It's sad that this album was recorded by such a flop artist so it is rotting with abysmal streams. Such gems as Break You Hard/Mirrors/Superficial/Nothing Lasts Forever should have been on TF/TFM.      

• lol 5
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 1/2/2024 at 11:52 AM, Aloe said:

for gaga however it’s gonna be 4. A Colossal failure :bradley: the Taylor stans will all be awaiting this day  

Only Ariana Grande could have a “quick aging hit” with 1.3B streams :rip:  people are crazy

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 1/2/2024 at 5:27 PM, Delusional said:

Only Ariana Grande could have a “quick aging hit” with 1.3B streams :rip:  people are crazy

She definitely have quick aging hit

She barely has signature hits except 7R

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

On 1/2/2024 at 1:52 PM, Aloe said:

for gaga however it’s gonna be 4. A Colossal failure :bradley: the Taylor stans will all be awaiting this day  

There is no way she's having a Stupiv Love-sized flop after all the homewrecker hype. And she casually had one of the biggest smashes of the previous year. I doubt that it will be as big as Flowers (since it was a once-in-a-decade phenomenon), but she will probably have a solid comeback hit like Positions.  

Edited by lookwhatyoumademedo

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 1/2/2024 at 11:59 AM, Ayobabylon said:

She definitely have quick aging hit

She barely has signature hits except 7R

How the hell do you even judge this sh!t? Especially for an artist like Ariana who has the most 1B streamed songs on Spotify. Everyone else must have 0 “signature hits” then plssssss :bow: 

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681
On 1/2/2024 at 1:03 PM, Delusional said:

How the hell do you even judge this sh!t? Especially for an artist like Ariana who has the most 1B streamed songs on Spotify. Everyone else must have 0 “signature hits” then plssssss :bow: 

Signature hits do not need a big amount of streams. "My Heart will go On" (503M) has way less streams than for example "Pon De Replay" (665M). Which is the bigger signature hit?

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2
On 1/2/2024 at 12:13 PM, Gagacharts said:

Signature hits do not need a big amount of streams. "My Heart will go On" (503M) has way less streams than for example "Pon De Replay" (665M). Which is the bigger signature hit?

I’m confused why you’re bringing a dancehall Caribbean staple into this and comparing it with a ballad ? I’m not sure your point is supported with that and I don’t think you quite understand mine either cos “signature hit” is really not a very measurable thing, closest thing is streams and well Ariana devours others in that… :banana: 

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 1/2/2024 at 7:20 AM, Delusional said:

“signature hit” is really not a very measurable thing, closest thing is streams

My Heart Will Go On is undoubtedly Celine's signature hit, due to its cultural impact lasting far beyond its release date. Just because it doesn't have a crazy amount of streams does not take away from its notability as an all-time classic love song. By the time Spotify came about Celine had stopped charting singles entirely, yet she had two of the best selling albums of all time under her belt

Edited by Ben

Pop-a-911-ster 28,921
x3
On 1/2/2024 at 1:52 PM, Aloe said:

The fact Stupid Love damaged severely Gaga's image. I hate this song so much. Before that song Gaga had flops, but at least we all could agree that she was serving quality music and was following her art now matter the success. But this evil song destroyed everything. I can't stand it

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 1/2/2024 at 7:45 AM, little legend said:

The fact Stupid Love damaged severely Gaga's image. I hate this song so much. Before that song Gaga had flops, but at least we all could agree that she was serving quality music and was following her art now matter the success. But this evil song destroyed everything. I can't stand it

For me it wasn't the song itself but the music video

On 1/2/2024 at 9:45 AM, little legend said:

You like Bad Habits by Ed Sheeran, your opinion shouldn't be taken seriously.

• thanks 1
  • lol 1