The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 12/29/2023 at 5:07 PM, Gabi said:

Smile is a very good pop album in my opinion, people are just not interest in her anymore.

hope someday Katy will come back with another pop masterpiece

Yes there are bunch of good tracks on it. Especially Tucked and Cry about it later were good. 

She could have had moderate successful era if they had pushed cry about it later after never really over. But she chose to release atrocity such as small talk and derailed whatever small momentum she gained.

Yeah Katy messed up her timing with Smile. NRO was well received overall, had she released Cry About It Later (or another good song) right after it and the album in 2019, it would have ended up better than how it did after a streak of bombs, album released 1.5 year after NRO and old singles tacked onto it to improve its stats. 

Gaga is smarter than this, she doesn’t do these single after single releases which in the end would make her look like a flop. They capitalized on ROM and released Chromatica right after it. Same for her droplets which are always attached to some PR thing/opportunity. 

Spoiler

Although years later Smile has a song that outstreams any song from Chromatica but we’re going to pretend we didn’t see that :laughga:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,655
On 12/29/2023 at 2:49 PM, Thrasher said:

Yeah Katy messed up her timing with Smile. NRO was well received overall, had she released Cry About It Later (or another good song) right after it and the album in 2019, it would have ended up better than how it did after a streak of bombs, album released 1.5 year after NRO and old singles tacked onto it to improve its stats. 

Gaga is smarter than this, she doesn’t do these single after single releases which in the end would make her look like a flop. They capitalized on ROM and released Chromatica right after it. Same for her droplets which are always attached to some PR thing/opportunity. 

Hide contents

Although years later Smile has a song that outstreams any song from Chromatica but we’re going to pretend we didn’t see that :laughga:

Gaga releases 1 or 2 singles and then go away

Pop-a-911-ster 28,563
x2
On 12/29/2023 at 2:00 PM, Andreu said:

The gap between TF and TD :whatga:

Hannah Montana 2 in the top 30 is sending meeee pls

Miley is such a legend 

• shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,754
On 12/29/2023 at 4:37 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Randomly decided to rewatch this amazing tribute today. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o9houkS9MM&ab_channel=RuleNumberOne-LyricVideos 

just saw this post on twitter and wanted to come here and say i never got the hate for this performance

i love it

Popster to Popster 3,901
On 12/29/2023 at 5:42 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Katy carried on doing Katy pop and bombed hard vs. Gaga seeking the streaming era as a clean slate building a new audience and showcasing her vocals.
When gaga goes back to pop, apart from the touring and peaks (which you need a fanbase for) the daily streams are similar to Katy which make sense as they both 'ran out of juice' at the same time (2013-15). Pop has definitely been booming and thriving atm, but i still think its gonna be hard for Gaga to get a solo hit that heralds back to 2010Ga that both fans and GP align with that hasn't got a streaming giant tagged on. 

I don't think gaga ran out of juice but i think post Btw she lost her hunger for fame 

She wanted fame and she got it 

Thats why she tried to something out of box with ARTPOP but GP hated it 

Joanne was beautiful regardless pop stans hating it

ASIB being for first safe album and had spark of an albums artist and it gave her 2 more classics

Chromatica well maybe its her only project which i think she made for the charts with short lengths and less experimentation but failed (still a solid 7 album imo)

I think lg-7 will have commercial sound as well but I don't see her releasing it in 2024 or maybe she can bc what else she would do till august 2024

A Popster Is Born 12,801
On 12/29/2023 at 3:20 PM, Ayobabylon said:

I don't think gaga ran out of juice but i think post Btw she lost her hunger for fame 

whichever way you want to put it her bey and katy and kesha (and then nicki later on) simply stopped getting consistent hits the way they were doing. its hard to retain your popularity and casual appeal at age 30+ for female - your hits become flukey or gimmicky (samples, tiktok, collabs)

Pop-a-911-ster 28,911
x3
On 12/29/2023 at 4:29 PM, Fame Romance said:

+27k vs last week 

Probably people already using NYE playlist impact

wait is that playlist for 2024 already out?

and ROM is included? which is its psotion and are there any other Gaga songs?

Pop-a-911-ster 28,911
x3

Like this post for good luck and lock Gagas Best Actress nom at Oscars 2025

Ignore it and Gaga wont release LG7 in the next 5 years + Joker will flop and Gaga wont get a best actress nom 

little legend

• paws up 1
  • lol 3
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 44,590
On 12/29/2023 at 3:38 PM, little legend said:

Ignore it and Gaga wont release LG7 in the next 5 years + Joker will flop and Gaga wont get a best actress nom 

little legend

what happens if I lol react? 

spacer.png

• lol 1

On 12/29/2023 at 11:38 AM, little legend said:

little legend

Reported for karma farming

OT: streets saying nurtec ad is p*ssing the GP off. Legacy secured :applause:

Edited by Dean Judaster
  • shook 1
  • lol 1