The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 4,133
On 12/28/2023 at 2:59 PM, zoldyck said:

Really love this account, I know a member here came up with it. Loving the consistency and detailed update provided on daily basis :kiss:

They’re really amazing and don’t get enough credit.

I would be happy with a top 20, but here they are updating her top 100 songs. Amazing :applause:

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

On 12/28/2023 at 7:10 PM, PanPikus said:

Poker Face #1 Hot100 

barrier 

Fad Romance #2 Hot100 

Oooopop :shine:

I guess ROM is bigger than Bad Romance :katy:

TEOG peaked at  #3 and is in the 'forgotten singles' era now :bebe:

ARUTW peaked at #41 and served smash single longevity. Bloody Mary peaked at #41 and is serving big cultural pop moment. 

A Popster Is Born 11,434
On 12/28/2023 at 7:23 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

I guess ROM is bigger than Bad Romance :katy:

TEOG peaked at  #3 and is in the 'forgotten singles' era now :bebe:

ARUTW peaked at #41 and served smash single longevity. Bloody Mary peaked at #41 and is serving big cultural pop moment. 

Girl, it's just jokes :ohyes:

• lol 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880
On 12/28/2023 at 2:10 PM, OliverDespechao said:

"Poker Face" received 891,295 streams this Wednesday

9am5lpQ.gif

"Hold My Hand" received 244,984 streams this Wednesday — +25k vs last week

9am5lpQ.gif

"Government Hooker" received 134,425 streams this Wednesday — biggest streaming day of the year

9am5lpQ.gif

AMO A FURIAAAAA

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,522
On 12/28/2023 at 10:19 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

ASIB has helped (especially between 2018-2020) but I feel like her biggest hits would've been rediscovered by tiktok and younger generations regardless. It's hard to know for sure how things would've played out without ASIB but her early discography has had bigger growth thanks to tiktok than it had back then through ASIB. This is just off the top off my head but I feel like ASIB + JD/BR/PF were doing all of the heavy lifting and the rest of her streams were pretty bad. That's not the case anymore were almost every single of hers has gone viral, and a couple of deep cuts as well. 

There's little (not zero) hope for Katy having a hit record in the future, she has gone through no rebranding, but her early eras are doing incredible as well. Gaga's rebranding kept her career moving forward and gave her footing to still remain relevant and not just chained to her early hits, I agree with that, but I think this ressurgence of TF/TFM/BTW (and ARTPOP too a much smaller extent) could've happened anyway. 

The difference why gaga is relevant over Katy is 1) she is more talented

2) she has gained a solid fanbase

ARTPOP was nothing less than witness era for gaga and joanne still debuting with 201k units despite 2 already tanked singles was nothing but fan love 

Meanwhile Katy fell to 50k after witness and even if she re invented herself she would not have touched 100k for KP-5.

Thats why gaining and maintaining a solid fanbase always helps you

And i think gaga did that with born this way era 

It might not did extremely well in longevity due to subject matter but it gave her the loyality of gays 

Me personally stan her bc of that album and era...im forever thankful it helped me a lot in loving myself and im sure it saved many lives as well 

Edited by Ayobabylon
  • paws up 4

On 12/28/2023 at 5:26 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Fad would’ve carried on like Xtina (she had similar Spotify/YT at first) with bad romance and PF as ‘dirrtyy’ and ‘genie’  without doing all her work 2014-2018: amazing ballads, establishing herself with older people/voting bodies, and  big promo spots :enigma:

Gaga has far more hits than Christina though, and more memorable pop culture moments. Xtina feels erased outside of Dirrrty and Stripped in general.

The Fame Popster 316
On 12/27/2023 at 12:47 AM, Ayobabylon said:

When something flops all around the world somehow its a hit in france 

But when something is a hit everywhere else its A fop in france

So erratic 

Yes like Sia's Gimme Love. #15 this week in France and climbing.France will always stan siasus