The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 12,801
On 12/28/2023 at 2:43 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Christina’s downfall needs to be studied. 

Fad would’ve carried on like Xtina (she had similar Spotify/YT at first) with bad romance and PF as ‘dirrtyy’ and ‘genie’  without doing all her work 2014-2018: amazing ballads, establishing herself with older people/voting bodies, and  big promo spots :enigma:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,563
x2
On 12/28/2023 at 1:44 PM, Ayobabylon said:

What if I say xtinas music is better than britney 

I think it depends on what albums are being compared cos both of them have albums heavily stuffed of filler 

Popster for Sale 44,589
On 12/28/2023 at 11:26 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Fad would’ve carried on like Xtina (she had similar Spotify/YT at first) with bad romance and PF as ‘dirrtyy’ and ‘genie’  without doing all her work 2014-2018: amazing ballads, establishing herself with older people/voting bodies, and  big promo spots :enigma:

I think Gaga's biggest hits are more comparable to Britney's. Xtina's smashes feel like mid-tier Gaga hits. Overall she will surpass both though. 

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,801
On 12/28/2023 at 1:58 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I think Gaga's biggest hits are more comparable to Britney's. Xtina's smashes feel like mid-tier Gaga hits. Overall she will surpass both though. 

Regardless of how big a hit was in the digital era, it doesn’t always mean it translates the same to streaming - we used to see this all the time for Gaga’s streams. The original point was her moves 2015-2018 fans didn’t understand transformed her streams and kept her from being Xtinct’d

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,849
On 12/28/2023 at 9:01 AM, Delusional said:

@ItsGenuineGuy09 CapitalFM’s next spam rotation bop is here 

This is kinda true lol - I've heard lots of Zara songs on the radio in various places that have never charted in the US, or charted low

Pop-a-911-ster 27,096
On 12/28/2023 at 10:55 AM, Delusional said:

I think it depends on what albums are being compared cos both of them have albums heavily stuffed of filler 

Xtina's "Stripped" is her more consistent album (sales + quality). "Back To Basics" is really good. Bionic is great but flopped.

Britney's "In The Zone", "Glory" and "Blackout" are her best but my fav is "Britney" :horse_race:

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,849
On 12/28/2023 at 9:44 AM, emig_09 said:

Xtina's "Stripped" is her more consistent album (sales + quality). "Back To Basics" is really good. Bionic is great but flopped.

Back to Basics is stunning. Makes Me Wanna Pray and Back in the Day are my favs. It's like a brighter, more accessible Back to Black by Amy (RIP).

Bionic is indeed full of filler, and overrated by her fans who say it's underrated

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,096
On 12/28/2023 at 11:47 AM, IJustWorkHere said:

Back to Basics is stunning. Makes Me Wanna Pray and Back in the Day are my favs. It's like a brighter, more accessible Back to Black by Amy (RIP).

Bionic is indeed full of filler, and overrated by her fans who say it's underrated

and what about "Lotus" and "Liberation" :crying:

ARTPOPster 1,849
On 12/28/2023 at 9:52 AM, emig_09 said:

and what about "Lotus" and "Liberation" :crying:

Lotus is pretty bad but sometimes overhated, overall it was not the defining personal statement she was trying to make at all.

Liberation is actually underrated, I would like to imagine if she had released Sick of Sittin' as the lead single she would've gotten better reception. I also really like Maria, Twice, and Pipe

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,659

GODINI back to the top 50 on Spotify WW :applause: beautiful to see the best pop song since Bad Romance rising like a dark horse :applause:

oh GODUA show to the others how to erase the industry :shakes: 

• lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

On 12/28/2023 at 4:50 PM, Ayobabylon said:

She had no business doing million reasons for a victoria secret fashion show lol

I think she delivered a good performance. It was the active single at the moment + it’s not like Joanne had plenty of choices fitting that show (she delivered with the A-YO/John Wayne performance as well). 

I miss the MR/Joanne era, we really had a good run of performances/appearances between October-December + SB and Coachella. Not really missing the struggle for radio updates though, let alone streaming :icant: But in hindsight that was an experience as well. 

Popster for Sale 44,589
On 12/28/2023 at 3:55 PM, Miaou said:

GODINI back to the top 50 on Spotify WW :applause: beautiful to see the best pop song since Bad Romance rising like a dark horse :applause:

oh GODUA show to the others how to erase the industry :shakes: 

Poor Bad Romance getting compared to Bad Habits and now Houdini 

With fans like these who needs haters :gunga: