The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 18,408
On 12/20/2023 at 3:01 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

she stil lhad ASIB goodwill, 2 huge collabs, all tracks 3-4 minutes, she has countris like uk and france stanning her hard, no hate train era

if nicki can plan an era out and get songs that stick the next week or some growth - so can Gaga

she has just not been pytting out the right material on top of some messiness and misfortunes

She has been absolutely putting the right material out. People just did not stick around, as is the case with Godga ever since 2011 (minus ASIB due to obvious phenomenon of that film and music). However let’s not act like she’s doing bad. She’s still pulling #1 albums and singles, is being praised by critics (ASIB and Chromatica were clearly loved by them) and she’s winning awards. She’s still on top.

Also we can’t compare an urban artist like Nicki Minaj to a female pop artist, urban music is ruling in the US, like there’s no sense in comparing the two imo. 

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 12/20/2023 at 11:23 PM, PanPikus said:

Made you look still not there?? 

LIGLY a great song, deserved :gaga-thanks:

MYL slowed down after the trend :katy: it's still at 601M..

it's EraMate CUFF IT is already at 700M, but still mehhh considering it's still at 102M Playlist Reach

A Popster Is Born 10,029

tbh Chroma would have fared better too... if they pushed it as a visual album

not worrying about radio and the traditional single run...

do something like when we all fall asleep

Billie released visuals which helped boost the tracks and yes they didn't have big peaks but at least it garnered more streams

then again if we got a whole iPhone visual album... no thanks

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,408
On 12/20/2023 at 5:22 PM, chartgaga said:

Billie released visuals which helped boost the tracks and yes they didn't have big peaks but at least it garnered more streams

100% this

On 12/20/2023 at 3:34 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Not really she has viral album tracks many times but yeah she is a singles artist same as dua lipa who is unable to build the hype despite countless hits 

They are Rihanna of 2020s

I totally disagree for Dua Lipa, just look at the streams of her album tracks, some are doing better than some Lady Gaga or Katy Perry singles without even trending on tiktok

Edited by monketsharona

Popster for Sale 44,646
On 12/20/2023 at 5:34 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Oh, Ariana is coming within WEEKS, huh? Maybe the beginning of 2024 will be too crowded for Gaga to drop an album. Idk. 

I think she's coming right after the holiday, things are moving incredibly fast for her, I think she wants to try and regain control of the narrative after all the mess involving her... very curious to see how it plays out :whatga:

I don't think Gaga would release that early anyways, otherwise we'd have more concrete proof by now, but it's not like Ari and Gaga can't run album campaigns simultaneously. Gaga has never been one to shy away from competition as we know well.

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

On 12/20/2023 at 6:37 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I think she's coming right after the holiday, things are moving incredibly fast for her, I think she wants to try and regain control of the narrative after all the mess involving her... very curious to see how it plays out :whatga:

I don't think Gaga would release that early anyways, otherwise we'd have more concrete proof by now, but it's not like Ari and Gaga can't run album campaigns simultaneously. Gaga has never been one to shy away from competition as we know well.

Especially knowing she was filming for a lot of time this year :oscar:

Truly a music and movie star :oscar:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,646
On 12/20/2023 at 5:46 PM, monketsharona said:

Especially knowing she was filming for a lot of time this year :oscar:

Truly a music and movie star :oscar:

apparently she still has re-shoots to do in February for Wicked

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/20/2023 at 9:52 PM, chartgaga said:

Chromatica would've pulled slightly better as a visual album and this doesn't only apply to it All albums are helped by visuals and promo

E.g Renaissance but just like chromatica it is showing zero sign of stability whenever beyoncé stops promoting it 

These high popstar artistry im the girl queen b type of music is not relatable to masses 

Thats why beyoncé era like gaga leaves charts once people are over the Era 

Comparing it to billie is not fair bc billie is a 100% albums girl

Her non top 10 hits are bigger hits than many #1 songs 

Lovely peaked at #84 and still does 1.5M

HTY : 800k daily and TV 700k daily

She is an albums artist whether she released visuals her album tracks gains traction regardless

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 12/20/2023 at 4:22 PM, chartgaga said:

Word of mouth is great promo for music.  I remember all the viral hate tweets for ROM. It’s been the same for her last 3 albums.  I agree that note visuals do help overall streams

Spoiler

But I also agree with @Ayobabylon for what C-word did get (Major AM push, two collabs, radio pushes, 911 MV, CBS, VMAs, year long perfume campaign, fee woman radio push, Oreo campaign, stadium tour, remix album ) you’d expect at least 1 or 2 tracks to come forward. As a fan I love all those songs , but I have a different POV to a non-fan

On 12/20/2023 at 3:24 PM, DonnieDarko said:

She has been absolutely putting the right material out. People just did not stick around, as is the case with Godga ever since 2011

Now more than ever we are in a pop embraced market, and older music is being discovered coming forward. Maybe it’ll happen for her recent material beyond  applause but idk 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 12/20/2023 at 1:26 PM, Delusional said:

Get gone 

How can I get gone if I'm not even there? Do you want me to set up a domain block on my router or something?

Edited by IJustWorkHere

A Popster Is Born 18,408
On 12/20/2023 at 7:20 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Word of mouth is great promo for music.  I remember all the viral hate tweets for ROM. It’s been the same for her last 3 albums.  I agree that note visuals do help overall streams

Reveal hidden contents

But I also agree with @Ayobabylon for what C-word did get (Major AM push, two collabs, radio pushes, 911 MV, CBS, VMAs, year long perfume campaign, fee woman radio push, Oreo campaign, stadium tour, remix album ) you’d expect at least 1 or 2 tracks to come forward. As a fan I love all those songs , but I have a different POV to a non-fan

Now more than ever we are in a pop embraced market, and older music is being discovered coming forward. Maybe it’ll happen for her recent material beyond  applause but idk 

Hopefully!