The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 12/19/2023 at 11:16 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Miley’s team serving budget and good end of year housekeeping to keep wiki looking nice, and the receipts from dusting. Fad?
Interfad are broke! the amount of commercial collabs last era proved this @SweetOreosOfHeaven

Hope the rumour about ESV 2.0 coming early 2024 is true. I wouldn't mind adding one more Miley album to my Spotify wrap list next year :oscar:

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 12/19/2023 at 9:28 PM, José said:

the new percy jackson series premiered today, it is time to make edits of that series using heavy metal lover :arguega:

I was so enamored with Greek mythology when I was in 6th grade

• love 1

Popster This Way 897
On 12/20/2023 at 2:34 AM, Applause said:

some of you need to accept that a lot of fans don't like chromatica for valid reasons.

it has nothing to do with longevity, the album is just bland generic and lacking soul and personality. artpop is my favourite album and that had no longevity either... so now what?

gaga's music is a lot of things but it has never been as basic as it was on chromatica.

note that it's her joint lowest rated album with jopanned on aoty, so its not an uncommon opinion at all.

some of y'all would have a lot more peace if you stopped making that junk album your entire personality and realised that not everyone has the same low standards for music that you do. 

gaga is a queen and so i expect music that is WORTHY of her. coud care less about promo, charts or anything else.

It is her most acclaimed pop album since TFM,  it scores 79 on metacritic.

I'm not saying it's her best work, I only point out that from an objective perspective it is truly a solid album with good productions and most critics agree with that.

Our preference can't define the quality of music, I remember vividly that 8、9years ago there are a lot of users on GGD hate ARTPOP/BTW, saying it is "too loud" , "overproduced","outdated" and they want "TFMGa back", I swear to god some people from this fanbase just never stop complaining:nicki_scream:

Just because she play it safe doesn't mean her works are lack of quality, one thing we can trust Gaga is that she respects her work and she will never deliver a bad album to disrespect her discography:arguega: if she wants to half-assed her works and release music for the sake of success we will already get the Cardi B/the weeknd/Bad Bunny collabs.

• paws up 4

Popster This Way 897

If we look from another perspective Joanne is actually more ambitious than any other albums:enigma:

it has Perfect Ilusion as lead single, which is a massive career suicide:arguega:

and the sound of it is the opposite of what was trendy in 2016

If she didn't perform SuperBowl halftime show that I suspect it would be the end of her pop career and she will gladly be an all-time Jazz singer:nicki_scream:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,408
On 12/19/2023 at 11:48 PM, GraceRandolph said:

911>Applause

Alice>Applause

Babylon>Applause

Rain on Me>Applause

Replay>Applause

I love Applause, it’s sitting pretty in my top 15 of her songs but this is so accurate. 

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/20/2023 at 8:23 AM, Gabi said:

It is her most acclaimed pop album since TFM,  it scores 79 on metacritic.

I'm not saying it's her best work, I only point out that from an objective perspective it is truly a solid album with good productions and most critics agree with that.

Our preference can't define the quality of music, I remember vividly that 8、9years ago there are a lot of users on GGD hate ARTPOP/BTW, saying it is "too loud" , "overproduced","outdated" and they want "TFMGa back", I swear to god some people from this fanbase just never stop complaining:nicki_scream:

Just because she play it safe doesn't mean her works are lack of quality, one thing we can trust Gaga is that she respects her work and she will never deliver a bad album to disrespect her discography:arguega: if she wants to half-assed her works and release music for the sake of success we will already get the Cardi B/the weeknd/Bad Bunny collabs.

I dont think people think chromatica is a bad album 

Its a solid 7 imo but born this way & tfm are sold 9 and 8.7 

and gaga is not a charts gurlie she doesn't gaf about success esp in music 

A Popster Is Born 18,408
On 12/20/2023 at 6:26 AM, Ayobabylon said:

I dont think people think chromatica is a bad album 

Its a solid 7 imo but born this way & tfm are sold 9 and 8.7 

and gaga is not a charts gurlie she doesn't gaf about success esp in music 

To you, sure. To me it’s 10. I mean, didn’t we just have a discussion about this in the last two pages? 

Edited by DonnieDarko

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/20/2023 at 11:01 AM, DonnieDarko said:

To you, sure. To me it’s 10. I mean, didn’t we just have a discussion about this in the last two pages? 

Oh yes

I was saying about how people say that some fans hate it 

I don't hate it its still a good album i just prefer her other albums 

Gaga doesn't have a bad album 

• paws up 1