The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster This Way 907
On 12/19/2023 at 10:57 PM, monketsharona said:

Well she had music done and even filmed a music video, but she had two babies in a row. So yeah that could explain the delay

every time when I want to complain about how tired to be a little monster, I think about Rihanna’s fans then I feel grateful that Gaga didn’t do that to us:icant:

At least every year we have something to track/look forward to

Popster This Way 907

Speaking about quality… Gaga really gave us everything we wanted with Chromatica

it’s her first mainstream pop album since 2013, featuring Ariana/BLACKPINK/Elton John and is well written both sonically and lyrically.

Some people only pretend it is bad because it didn’t serve longevity:arguega:

Edited by Gabi
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771
On 12/19/2023 at 3:43 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Chromatica lyrics wise, production wise and really just overall is an amazing album. Just wanted to point this out again and I will continue to do so.

:cm:

serving taste as always :applause:

• love 1

Popster to Popster 4,021
On 12/19/2023 at 8:31 PM, Gabi said:

every time when I want to complain about how tired to be a little monster, I think about Rihanna’s fans then I feel grateful that Gaga didn’t do that to us:icant:

At least every year we have something to track/look forward to

Rihanna is not fandom carried

She is like doja or dua always GP carried with the rarity of always succeeding

Whenever she failed she came back harder 

8 albums in 10 years and countless collab

She was like Taylor back in the days always present

You could be looking at billboard top 10 anytime and you would see a Rihanna song there 

76 radio singles 14 #1s 

She was breaking Spotify records 2012-2017 

She did her job well and she deserve a rest after making her magnum opus

If gaga makes something as everlasting and acclaimed as ANTI at this stage of career 

I genuinely won't ask for another album until she wants to make it herself

A Popster Is Born 18,424

After 2016 Lady Gaga already made better albums than ANTI. She won’t enjoy the same longevity as Rihanna simply because she’s not a gp darling and she’s way more polarizing. The comparison is pointless.

Edited by DonnieDarko

Popster for Sale 44,780
On 12/19/2023 at 6:08 PM, Fame Romance said:

OMG it’s NOT over

shocked oprah winfrey GIF

this song has been steadily climbing for the past what? 4 months now? 

It's going to join Monster and Government Hooker  has another deepcut that will remain stable above 100k daily streams, at least

still hoping and praying for another Bloody Mary moment though :enigma:

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 1
  • hugs 1
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 2

On 12/19/2023 at 3:16 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

still hoping and praying for another Bloody Mary moment though :enigma:

that had a whole series that was number #1 in every country helping it go viral

hard to happen again

On 12/19/2023 at 3:10 PM, Gabi said:

Speaking about quality… Gaga really gave us everything we wanted with Chromatica

it’s her first mainstream pop album since 2013, featuring Ariana/BLACKPINK/Elton John and is well written both sonically and lyrically.

Some people only pretend it is bad because it didn’t serve longevity:arguega:

some of you need to accept that a lot of fans don't like chromatica for valid reasons.

it has nothing to do with longevity, the album is just bland generic and lacking soul and personality. artpop is my favourite album and that had no longevity either... so now what?

gaga's music is a lot of things but it has never been as basic as it was on chromatica.

note that it's her joint lowest rated album with jopanned on aoty, so its not an uncommon opinion at all.

some of y'all would have a lot more peace if you stopped making that junk album your entire personality and realised that not everyone has the same low standards for music that you do. 

gaga is a queen and so i expect music that is WORTHY of her. coud care less about promo, charts or anything else.