The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 44,659
On 12/18/2023 at 4:44 PM, monketsharona said:

In any case, I hope they worked on secrecy, because Chromatica era just wasn't it. Everything leaked before they had the chance to release things.  

Stupid Love leaking one month prior to release was messy as hell, and a financial loss, so there's definitely incentive to keep it secretive and under wraps this time. I think the cover + tracklist leaking was due to the abrupt changing of release dates due to the pandemic. 

The fact that Stupid Love video, ROM (song + video), Chromatica (album) and 911 (video) were all pretty much kept until release gives me hope that that will be the case. 

ARTPOPster 1,857
On 12/18/2023 at 11:50 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Stupid Love leaking one month prior to release was messy as hell, and a financial loss, so there's definitely incentive to keep it secretive and under wraps this time. I think the cover + tracklist leaking was due to the abrupt changing of release dates due to the pandemic. 

The fact that Stupid Love video, ROM (song + video), Chromatica (album) and 911 (video) were all pretty much kept until release gives me hope that that will be the case. 

The tracklist also leaked and she didn't even announce it officially for like three days lol. So messy

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/18/2023 at 9:31 PM, Thrasher said:

If she’s coming in 2024 they wouldn’t go past a May/June release or it would clash with J:FAD campaign. 

Now it’s Christmas time and stuff, Jan-March we’ll finally figure out what’s going to happen (her becoming more present, publications like HDD teasing her comeback etc.) 

Gaga likes early summer releases so lets see

On 12/18/2023 at 5:50 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

We had the full tracklist leaked, the featurings, some shots from the SL music video, even the remixes leaked, demos of Free Woman, ROM and Babylon leaked before far album release or she posts anything. 

The full thing was a mess tbh

But I have hope for LG7, they seem to be betting on gettings under secret avoiding teasing anything from the making. 

Popster to Popster 3,908

And she didn't give a f- about those leaks she was so unserious

And the likes?? I miss her relevant era so bad and the fact that this tweet has more engagements than joker 3 posts 

Spoiler

Need her to be more serious this time on her work ethics and artistry

Edited by Ayobabylon

Popster for Sale 44,659
On 12/18/2023 at 5:03 PM, monketsharona said:

We had the full tracklist leaked, the featurings, some shots from the SL music video, even the remixes leaked, demos of Free Woman, ROM and Babylon leaked before far album release or she posts anything. 

The full thing was a mess tbh

But I have hope for LG7, they seem to be betting on gettings under secret avoiding teasing anything from the making. 

Things like the featurings are bound to happen imo, and I don't think one or two demos leaking is that bad, these things don't derail the era and no one from the GP really cares about them. ROM did not leak in full before it's release, all we had was a little snippet that actually added to the hype (for me at least), so I didn't mind it at all, and again it's not something the GP cares for. But when you add it all up it was a mess for sure. 

On 12/18/2023 at 6:02 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Gaga likes early summer releases so lets see

I'd say she's more Fall releasing (TF big campaign, TFM, Joanne, ARTPOP (main album campaign) CTC, ASIB soundtrack). But won't happen this time if she aims 2024 release for obvious reasons.

Could see her pushing a BTW (and original Chromatica) schedule this time tragetting Spring album release. Summer is so dead generally. 

Edited by monketsharona

On 12/18/2023 at 2:20 PM, Fame Romance said:

It’s over

theres a hedghog dancing to it thats going viral right now :oscar:

also heavy metal lover held pretty well on sunday it would usually plumet to 140k but it did 167k, 200k coming? :santa:

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

ARTPOPster 1,857
On 12/18/2023 at 12:34 PM, sugden said:

I remember in 2013 falling for a Sex Dreams leak that was a squirrel dancing to some meme song

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,712
On 12/18/2023 at 7:13 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

not "Just a #1" we- :icant:

#1 US

#3 Australia

#3 UK

#3 New Zealand

#6 Switzerland

#7 Netherlands

#9 Ireland

#10 Norway

#13 Belgium 

#20 France

#31 Finland

#32 Sweden

#41 Germany

#61 Italy

amazing for her standards :applause:

A Popster Is Born 11,544
On 12/18/2023 at 6:34 PM, sugden said:

also heavy metal lover held pretty well on sunday it would usually plumet to 140k but it did 167k, 200k coming? :santa:

Yeah, just yesterday I've seen a local version with the hedghog dancing that said sumn like 'when you get really drunk and look in the mirror to see how hot you are' 

On 12/18/2023 at 6:10 PM, monketsharona said:

I'd say she's more Fall releasing (TF big campaign, TFM, Joanne, ARTPOP (main album campaign) CTC, ASIB soundtrack). But won't happen this time if she aims 2024 release for obvious reasons.

Could see her pushing a BTW (and original Chromatica) schedule this time tragetting Spring album release. Summer is so dead generally. 

She used to do Q4 releases when it was profitable for album sales (and because she was releasing Joanne/ASIB which suit fall/winter more) but that’s not the case anymore with Christmas songs flooding the charts and pure sales being dead.

Late spring/summer seems generally better now (unless she does ballads so she should release in Q1 in that case). 

Edited by Thrasher
  • paws up 2