The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 12/16/2023 at 10:55 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Sour Candy  debuted with 7-10m streams, the DuaPink song cleared 400m with ease (had no MV). At the least, SC should’ve kept the album dipping below 600k daily streams. I don’t see any potential there. It’s a bop but Liddos probably aren’t even streaming it themselves

And you think liddos are streaming her other music? They’re not. 

Sour Candy had a great potential to become a streaming smash. 

Edited by DonnieDarko

Popster This Way 902

Most of Gaga announced projects were scrapped for no reason, the girl has the fortune to hire a big profesional team to handle her releases, but instead she let herself and her friends do the jobs with no clue what they are doing

• sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,016
On 12/16/2023 at 3:25 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Sour Candy  debuted with 7-10m streams, the DuaPink song cleared 400m with ease (had no MV). At the least, SC should’ve kept the album dipping below 600k daily streams. I don’t see any potential there. It’s a bop but Liddos probably aren’t even streaming it themselves

I like the song but it was pushed as a potential single with TTH place ment and separate audio and lyric video

the song kept dipping in streams and interscope removed it from TTH 

Lyric video didn't boost it either 

The dua lipa song with BP outstreams SC as well (daily)

As a single i see it getting #20 peak and maybe 500-550M Spotify stream although youtube views would've been good 

I say same as icecream 

• sad 1

A Popster Is Born 16,838
On 12/16/2023 at 7:19 PM, little legend said:

The fact Born This Way the single might end up being the #3 most streamed song of the album :katy: Well it's what it's deserves, if we exclude the amazing meaning behind the song, the song itself (production, sound and etc.) it's kinda generic, especially if you compare it with the other songs of the album which are really unique and masterpieces(like Heavy Metal Lover, Bloody Mary, Government Hooker)

Using their current streams and totals, It will take

Bloody Mary - ~700days

Judas - ~1000days

to surpass BTW (song)... the title track will still reign for 2years

anything can still happen, BTW(song) will be at 750M when BM takes over and at 820M when Judas surpasses.. good thing about BTW(song) is it's been really stable even with just 250k-300k daily streams

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828
On 12/16/2023 at 2:58 PM, Fame Romance said:

spacer.png

omg the tragic peaks :dead:

#41 in Germany :dead:

#61 in Italy :rip:

I was told she was smashing :applause:

or is it the new « #53 on UK, #65 in Australia, #69 in Canada and #75 in Germany on their respective YEC charts say that » ? :darkmode:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,619
x2
On 12/15/2023 at 5:04 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Roar and Dark Horse stomped all over SIO and BS.    

All 4 some of the biggest hits of the 10s. Liddos poking their nose into business they have no right being in, stay out of it ! 

ARTPOPster 1,863
On 12/16/2023 at 10:20 AM, ViviLittleM said:

Trying to argue with Delusional is like banging your head against a brick wall expecting it to move. It won't, and it'll only make you dumber

On 12/16/2023 at 1:53 PM, ViviLittleM said:

I know it's kinda stupid and childish, but yeah sometimes I'm like, oh you're not giving us anything? Let me not give you any money by streaming your music.

It's been like almost a year I haven't listen to anything from Gaga (apart a bit of her RS collab when released)

But I'm just taking her break as an opportunity to stan some other artists, discover new things and rediscover some old stuff. The wait for new Gaga music just feels more bearable tbh :tea:

Edited by monketsharona
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,863
On 12/16/2023 at 10:38 AM, monketsharona said:

But I'm just taking her break as an opportunity to stan some other artists, discover new things and rediscover some old stuff.

I've had a blast exploring Bandcamp for dark 80s new wave/darkwave releases

• yaas, gaga 1

On 12/16/2023 at 11:11 AM, FRANZGA said:

at 820M when Judas surpasses

the thought of Judas being anywhere near 800M on Spotify makes me erect

tumblr_lpidwjIt4X1qjle7l.gif

On 12/16/2023 at 11:38 AM, monketsharona said:

It's been like almost a year I haven't listen to anything from Gaga (apart a bit of her RS collab when released)

But I'm just taking her break as an opportunity to stan some other artists, discover new things and rediscover some old stuff. The wait for new Gaga music just feels more bearable tbh :tea:

I've been streaming select few Gaga streams but yeah I am not as dedicated.

Whoever posted tove lo's I like u earlier this year: props to you. I discovered an excellent song, as well as her "borderline"

• yaas, gaga 4

Pop-a-911-ster 28,953
x3
On 12/16/2023 at 2:58 PM, Fame Romance said:

spacer.png

omg the tragic peaks :dead:

#41 in Germany :dead:

#61 in Italy :rip:

According to Ava Max fans like @corvus albus, this is serving never seen before level of slayage. She has even bigger peak than Taylor Swift :giveup:

• lol 3

On 12/16/2023 at 5:23 PM, little legend said:

According to Ava Max fans like @corvus albus, this is serving never seen before level of slayage. She has even bigger peak than Taylor Swift :giveup:

It's a rap album from a female rapper +10 years into her career, like seriously what were you expecting ? #1 everywhere in the world, 100M streams debut on first day ? Just watch the global streams of album tracks from Scarlet  (three months after release) and you'll see PF2 is actually doing very fine. 

As a female rap project, it's doing good. Far better than what you all projected before she even released tbh. 

• lol 1