The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 12/16/2023 at 12:12 AM, Fame Romance said:

Beyoncé’s Grown Woman is not new it’s 10 years old but yeah it’s been a bop ever since and clears the other 2

I remember Beyoncé’s self-titled visual CD/DVD album being one of the first albums I bought and being so slayed by Grown Woman and its MV :bradley:

I know right what an amazing song. Should have been the lead of self titled followed by drunk in love :bradley:

Pop-a-911-ster 28,952
x3
On 12/15/2023 at 8:56 PM, Dean Judaster said:

maybe because you don't know when a joke is beyond stale

As a Stupid Love stan that you are, I can see why you are so familiar with the word stale and you are using it that easily 

• lol 6

A Popster Is Born 16,838
On 12/16/2023 at 12:12 AM, Fame Romance said:

Beyoncé’s Grown Woman is not new it’s 10 years old but yeah it’s been a bop ever since and clears the other 2

I remember Beyoncé’s self-titled visual CD/DVD album being one of the first albums I bought and being so slayed by Grown Woman and its MV :bradley:

that's my fave from the album along with DRUNK IN LOVE and PRETTY HURTS :applause:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,016
On 12/16/2023 at 1:00 AM, José said:

kpop stans used to focus more on youtube records before. lately they are more focused on spotify, that's why they are doing better numbers the last couple of years, look at jungkook(bts) or lisa(blackpink) numbers. I think spotify wasn't even a thing in South Korea until last year...

BTS yes blackpink meh tbh 

latin music is the only thing which smashes both on Youtube and Spotify 

A Popster Is Born 12,824
On 12/15/2023 at 5:27 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Gaga does well on soundtrack songs bc they are sleeper hits and both asib and hmh caters to older audience who prefer youtube

Meanwhile Chromatica songs gets 33k daily avg views on music videos and now even Spotify is adding music video feature so youtube is pretty irrelevent 

I was talking about Spotify though which is the current relevant app

Sour Candy  debuted with 7-10m streams, the DuaPink song cleared 400m with ease (had no MV). At the least, SC should’ve kept the album dipping below 600k daily streams. I don’t see any potential there. It’s a bop but Liddos probably aren’t even streaming it themselves

Pop-a-911-ster 28,952
x3

The fact Born This Way the single might end up being the #3 most streamed song of the album :katy: Well it's what it's deserves, if we exclude the amazing meaning behind the song, the song itself (production, sound and etc.) it's kinda generic, especially if you compare it with the other songs of the album which are really unique and masterpieces(like Heavy Metal Lover, Bloody Mary, Government Hooker)

Born This Way (the song) was made to be  iconic empowerment smash single. And she got it.

Not to shade in anyway, but it was trully her Express Yourself moment. And I'm glad she had it knowing how huge her role in the community is huge. 

The song deserves more streams, I hope it'll get its trendy moment one day.

Edited by monketsharona