The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

ARTPOPster 1,857
On 12/12/2023 at 5:09 AM, BenG said:

A Greek archer. Artemis or Apollo?

I used to be really attracted to illustrations of Apollo, so him

OHHHH I understand, you're asking who in Greek mythology was an archer, so Artemis

Edited by IJustWorkHere

Popster for Sale 44,684

This might be a controversial opinion but the other day Joker was on TV and I decided to watch it (for the second time), and it reminded me that the movie is nothing special, I don't think it will be hard to top at all, except maybe in the eyes of incels a certain subsect of the internet. It's not a bad movie by any means, and is pretty enjoyable to watch, but it's just a very typical villain background story with not as much as depth as people made it out to have, and the social commentary feels outdated, especially for the time it came out. I think a portrayal of an abusive relationship through the lens of "folie á deux" is much more original, current and interesting. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 3
  • love 3

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 12/12/2023 at 1:05 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

This might be a controversial opinion but the other day Joker was on TV and I decided to watch it (for the second time), and it reminded me that the movie is nothing special, I don't think it will be hard to top at all, except maybe in the eyes of incels a certain subsect of the internet. It's not a bad movie by any means, and is pretty enjoyable to watch, but it's just a very typical villain background story with not as much as depth as people made it out to have, and the social commentary feels outdated, especially for the time it came out. I think a portrayal of an abusive relationship through the lens of "folie á deux" is much more original, current and interesting. 

It's not really a controversial opinion, the movie is a sort of tribute to 'Taxi Driver' a notorious movie from the 70s with Robert De Niro (that is in this movie as well), so your take makes total sense, it was part of the appeal but I think what made it successful, aside from the popularity of 'Joker' as villain was the Phoenix transformation-performance and the fact that it's total different from the other DC superheroes movies making it more dark and realistic, so it's about the contest, I wasn't impressed as well when I watched it back in the day.

I totally agree that a female lead being on it will bring a more interesting take to this story + musical hospital psychiatric set  and I read several critics film twitter people saying this too, they weren't much into the first one but they're totally interested on this new one because of these things.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,989
On 12/12/2023 at 5:35 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I like joker but its not OUTSTANDING

Phoenix, hildur and color contrast of the film stuck with people

Phoenix was inescapable that year and a clear frontrunner for oscars as well

ppl accused Todd of ripping of taxi driver (1977) and king of comedy (1982) although later was the biggest flop of the year but it was called ahead of its time 

Todd has always said how he sees Scorsese as his idol and these are both his films 

Now apperantly he is taking inspiration from another scorsese musical from 70s which again...was a commercial flop (ft lizza mineli & robert dinero) but it was not an unhinged dark film it was fun 

Joker folie a deux is daring project and i like that and film being already ready in so much advance i think its a good sign that post production is well planned 

Edited by Ayobabylon
  • paws up 1

I really liked and when I came to knew during award season that it was produced by Bradley Cooper and Todd Philips. I was like "why didn't they offer role to Gaga"

Little did I know there will be sequel with Gaga as leading lady :oscar:

ARTPOPster 1,857
On 12/12/2023 at 8:26 AM, The_Archer said:

Can someone tell me what’s a Modga and Modney

ATRL lingo for a moderator who is biased towards Gaga or Britney

A Popster Is Born 16,838
On 12/12/2023 at 8:05 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I didnt like it.. BORED by it :billie:

ARTPOPster 1,857
On 12/12/2023 at 9:34 AM, The_Archer said:

Do they also have Modlors, Modonnas, Modickis, Modrianas etc 

Modlors yes, no to all the rest

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,131

Longest charting female albums on the Billboard 200 of all time

#1 (=) 21 - Adele (591 weeks)
#2 (=) Born To Die* - Lana Del Rey (513 weeks) [This Week: #64]
#3 (=) 1989* - Taylor Swift (469 weeks) [This Week: #80]
#4 (=) ANTI* - Rihanna (397 weeks) [This Week: #113]
#5 (=) Teenage Dream* - Katy Perry (353 weeks) [This Week: #197]

#6 (=) The Fame - Lady Gaga (343 weeks)
#7 (=) CTRL* - SZA (339 weeks) [This Week: #53]
#8 (=) Tapestry - Carole King (318 weeks)
#9 (=) Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift (284 weeks weeks)
#10 (=) reputation* - Taylor Swift (272 weeks) [This Week: #32]

* still charting