The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 57,180
On 12/9/2023 at 12:40 PM, monketsharona said:

PF2 is doing a better debut than Scarlet by Doja Cat and that definitely worth the comparison. Nicki is in like her 14 year into her career, Doja started in like 2018 with first album and Scarlet came after smash era Planet Her.

Nicki has a fanbase that mass streams her releases on day one and then she free falls, Doja is more GP reliant and that reflects on her longevity

There's literally 2 songs from Scarlet above every song from Nicki's new album

Popster This Way 588
On 12/9/2023 at 5:14 PM, Fame Romance said:

Nicki has a fanbase that mass streams her releases on day one and then she free falls, Doja is more GP reliant and that reflects on her longevity

Not to mention the fact that Cardi’s latest flop Bongos debuted with almost the same numbers as PF2’s highest debut.

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 12/9/2023 at 4:08 PM, zoldyck said:

nah, for an established artist like Gaga debuts matters. If it doesn't do well first week, then their will be multiple hit pieces from media, radio and playlists will immediately drop her and success fanbase will also turn on the project.

Longevity matters more than debut but a bad debut will kill any chance of it having longevity  

I dont fully agree bc no amount of media press can make a bad album/song chart and thanks to streaming all you need is playlisting (and not even that in some cases) bc music is so accessible now 

lana does 25M daily without any press 

She used to 4M in 2020 thanks to massive wave TikTok and social media brought on streaming

She is everyone's aesthetic artist now 

Good music finds its way and i really don't care about instant smashing

Slow burning projects are always better

E.g doja cat smashes but then declines very fast once hype is over as planet her is falling on billboard 200 its crazy bc it spent record breaking weeks for rap album inside top 10 

And now it seems like it won't even outchart THE PINKPRINT 

same with Renaissance bc its freefalling for an album which spent 18 weeks inside top 10 it would be lucky to see 100WOC 

I dont want this for lg-7 i want it to stick even when era gets over bc im sure even chromatica would've done Renaissance like run if era was active but it would've still aged like it is right now on streaming in long run

And not necessarily lg-7 bc its too much to ask for a sempiternal record but its on my wishlist for any future record from her 

When she retires and imagine still having 2 albums charting..1 TFM and 1 one of her future endeavour....A DREAM

Edited by Ayobabylon

Pop-a-911-ster 28,579
x2

Tate’s first album debuted with 7m streams first day - second album has almost doubled that with the 4 songs that entered Spotify global :enigma:

Saw her last night and she was phenomenal tbh

Spotify US:

#6. “greedy” — 1.36M
#21. “exes” — 945.6K
#34. “run for the hills” — 865.4K
#70. “hurt my feelings” — 594.1K
#86. “grave” — 543.5K
#107. “cut my hair” — 494.7K
#147. “stay done” — 429K
#184. “we’re not alike” — 390K

A Popster Is Born 10,464
On 12/9/2023 at 12:44 PM, Fame Romance said:

Well you literally discribed the same issues of some of her peer having big support of fanbase while releasing and having issues getting longevity on their projects (Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus...). I'm 100% certain Rihanna will have the same problem when releasing album.

Not everyone is Taylor Swift or some trendy debuting artists.

Edited by monketsharona

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711
On 12/9/2023 at 12:07 PM, The_Archer said:

Pink Friday 2 on Global Spotify

43 Needle (Feat. Drake) | 2,370,189

62 Are You Gone Already | 2,083,965
75 Barbie Dangerous | 1,888,890

98 FTCU | 1,728,539

103 Everybody (Feat. Lil Uzi Vert) | 1,702,186

121 Let Me Calm Down (Feat J. Cole) | 1,566,966

131 Beep Beep | 1,515,507

145 Big Difference | 1,462,370

155 Fallin 4 U | 1,426,493

:lmao:

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 12/9/2023 at 5:10 PM, monketsharona said:

PF2 is doing a better debut than Scarlet by Doja Cat and that definitely worth the comparison. Nicki is in like her 14 year into her career, Doja started in like 2018 with first album and Scarlet came after smash era Planet Her.

Scarlet charted 28M on Spotify 200 

PF2 15M

A Popster Is Born 10,464
On 12/9/2023 at 1:13 PM, ViviLittleM said:

let's stay humble because we won't laugh when LG7's lead will debut at #30 on TTH :icant:

Monsters are coming for any other artists releasing over the last couple of years.

If Gaga fails on getting any success on LG7, it'll be a very hard time for any LM on social medias for sure. Karma will hit hard :katy:

Edited by monketsharona

Popster to Popster 4,600

Nicki release was a total mess, with all the announces and delays I didn't even know it was actually coming out this week, it seems rushed at the last minute, too bad she didn't take advantage properly of 'Barbie World' smashing.

• thanks 2
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 12/9/2023 at 5:50 PM, monketsharona said:

Monsters are coming for any other artists releasing over the last couple of years.

If Gaga fails on getting any success on LG7, it'll be a very hard time for any LM on social medias for sure. Karma will hit hard :katy:

Little Monsters are not even dragging nicki

Its mostly beehive bardigang kittens and some swifties 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711
On 12/9/2023 at 1:28 PM, BloodyMary said:

Dua lipa’s album debut #s wont be any different tho. 

At least Miss Minaj capable to debut at #1. We will see when miss dua lipa fighting for that #5 position.

Cutie pie Houdini debuted SOLO at #2 on Spotify WW while the highest song from Miss Garbage is at #43 with the most streamed artist of all time :lmao:

there is the real world and… your delulu world 

:shakes:

Edited by Miaou

On 12/9/2023 at 4:01 PM, Miaou said:

Cutie pie Houdini debuted SOLO at #2 on Spotify WW while the highest song from Miss Garbage is at #43 with the most streamed artist of all time :lmao:

there is the real world and… your delulu world 

:shakes:

Honey, roses are red sky is blue and dua will never be as iconic as miss Minaj. 

She’s total nothing compared to the nicki minaj. 

A Popster Is Born 12,807
On 12/9/2023 at 11:55 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Slow burning projects are always better

This is why i dont give a sh*t about debuts. The issue is with someone like Nicki and possibly Gaga if the debut is poor the chance of longevity isn’t there either. It depends on what the album is, promo plan etc. 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711
On 12/9/2023 at 2:20 PM, BloodyMary said:

Honey, roses are red sky is blue and dua will never be as iconic as miss Minaj. 

She’s total nothing compared to the nicki minaj. 

Whatever floats your delulu boat :lmao:

numbers and facts show the contrary :billie:

A Popster Is Born 10,464
On 12/9/2023 at 2:37 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

This is why i dont give a sh*t about debuts. The issue is with someone like Nicki and possibly Gaga if the debut is poor the chance of longevity isn’t there either. It depends on what the album is, promo plan etc. 

You know as much as me Gaga's flop team and label will let the album campaign go as fast as they can if the debut number are underwhelming. And be like 'ok let's try again in 5 years if people are here'.

• sad 2