the critic GIF by Priya

On 12/8/2023 at 9:04 PM, ViviLittleM said:

that's not possible at all :icant:

We're all brainstorming possible reasons. Put on your tinfoil hat and join me

article-2588377-1C8A280700000578-559_634

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 12/8/2023 at 2:09 PM, Andreu said:

Maybe these tracks will be better because the whole album was so boring through my first listen. Even the songs that sampled “Everybody” and “Girls Wanna Have Fun.” 

Popster for Sale 44,648
On 12/8/2023 at 8:11 PM, corvus albus said:

We're all brainstorming possible reasons. Put on your tinfoil hat and join me

article-2588377-1C8A280700000578-559_634

the numbers are not rihported because there are no numbers to report as people in the audience are actually paid actors

between the streaming payola and this Taylor is going bankrupt soon but somehow she has managed to fool the world into thinking she's a billionaire, the truth will eventually come out though

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/9/2023 at 1:00 AM, ConnorFilm said:

Really would love a large, worldwide tour from Gaga again some day. She could easily hit $300-400M with 60-+ dates. The fact that Chromatica Ball grossed $112M from 20 dates is pretty impressive. 

Yes although covid and 2 year album gap impacted it

In comparison All joanne tour tickets 500k 22+ dates for north america soldout in presales alone including 4 stadiums aka city park nyc, Boston fenway park, Chicago and san Francisco 

it took a while for these dates to sellout during TCB maybe bc of covid/no album hype  

With a good era and album hype i think she can do 20-22 NFL stadiums in US although im not 100% certain

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 12/9/2023 at 1:46 AM, Andreu said:

inb4 Taylor just want to pretend she earned less money to do tax fraud or sumn :billiecat:

She is smart if she is not revealing the numbers thats for a reason

I think a single individual clocking that much money would attract negative headlines thats why her team is not revealing it

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
On 12/8/2023 at 11:06 PM, corvus albus said:

Joanne didn't even manage to crack the top 20 for female artists in 2016 :bebe: I really forgot how much Joanne tanked pre Superbowl.

Well maybe because it came out a month before the cutout

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Moderator 17,110
On 12/8/2023 at 11:08 PM, Andreu said:

Well maybe because it came out a month before the cutout

ARTPOP came out a month later in 2013 and still managed to land higher in 2013 than Joanne did in 2016. Both ranked at #103 vs #108.

Joanne also got a second wind with the Netflix documentary and tour. If I remember correctly, it only charted for like, 30 weeks and then came back with the renewed interest.

People like to crap on the era and the Million Performances, but you could tell there was some effort by her and her team to help the era have longevity. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 12/8/2023 at 4:15 PM, Tovitov said:

Joanne also got a second wind with the Netflix documentary and tour. If I remember correctly, it only charted for like, 30 weeks and then came back with the renewed interest.

People like to crap on the era and the Million Performances, but you could tell there was some effort by her and her team to help the era have longevity. 

Wish her team had done the same thing with Chromatica. The last thing they even remotely tried to do was a CBS interview the same time that the VMAs aired. It would’ve been nice for them to do something during Black Friday in late 2020 to have more people try and buy copies. 

On 12/8/2023 at 5:30 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Wish her team had done the same thing with Chromatica. The last thing they even remotely tried to do was a CBS interview the same time that the VMAs aired. It would’ve been nice for them to do something during Black Friday in late 2020 to have more people try and buy copies. 

Right? 

Even tiny, low effort things could have helped. Heck, even putting the Target exclusive songs on streaming services could have bought the album a few extra weeks on the Billboard 200. :gaga-scream: