The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 28,969
x3

Is Taylor Swift that big in the US? Like bigger than Elvis and MJ? 

Because in Europe she is nowhere near that. She is big but she seems like just another pop star that had a big era kinda like Kesha in 2010 or Katy Perry in 2008-10.  No one really cares about Taylor in Europe.  Like Gaga in 2009-10 was gargantuan size of huge. Everywhere you go you will hear about Gaga. Her songs being played everywhere from radios, to TV shows to TV series( watch every TV series from 09-10 and there is no way a Gaga song to not bw played) You open the TV and among the international news you will hear about Gaga almost every day with titles like "Gaga shocked the world again with her new outfit" . She was the most liked person on Facebook, most followed person on Twitter, had the most subscriptions on YouTube and the most viewed video on YouTube. People on the streets talked about Gaga, even a 90 years old person on a remote village knew about Gaga, probably she was the most known alive person in 2010. 

It's just crazy cause at least in Europe you could feel how huge Gaga is , you could feel it on your daily life. Can't say the same about Taylor Swift. If I exclude what I read here about her fraud Spotify streams, she seems as big as Ava win 2018 . At least Sweets and Psycho was a hit that everyone knew. How even knows Taylor's recent songs? You will never here people talking about Taylor Swift on the news like they did with Gaga. Maybe if I visit the US things will be different. A local artist :applause:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,969
x3
On 12/6/2023 at 6:05 PM, little legend said:

Because in Europe she is nowhere near that. She is big but she seems like just another pop star that had a big era kinda like Kesha in 2010 or Katy Perry in 2008-10.  No one really cares about Taylor in Europe.  Like Gaga in 2009-10 was gargantuan size of huge. Everywhere you go you will hear about Gaga. Her songs being played everywhere from radios, to TV shows to TV series( watch every TV series from 09-10 and there is no way a Gaga song to not bw played) You open the TV and among the international news you will hear about Gaga almost every day with titles like "Gaga shocked the world again with her new outfit" . She was the most liked person on Facebook, most followed person on Twitter, had the most subscriptions on YouTube and the most viewed video on YouTube. People on the streets talked about Gaga, even a 90 years old person on a remote village knew about Gaga, probably she was the most known alive person in 2010. 

It's just crazy cause at least in Europe you could feel how huge Gaga is , you could feel it on your daily life. Can't say the same about Taylor Swift. If I exclude what I read here about her fraud Spotify streams, she seems as big as Ava win 2018 . At least Sweets and Psycho was a hit that everyone knew. How even knows Taylor's recent songs? You will never here people talking about Taylor Swift on the news like they did with Gaga. Maybe if I visit the US things will be different. A local artist :applause:

No one has time to read all this. 

Screenshot_2022-12-09-17-35-54-255_com_m

Spoiler

Summary: Taylor Swift is as big as Ava Max 

Screenshot_2022-12-09-17-35-54-255_com_m

Edited by little legend

On 12/6/2023 at 2:09 PM, Andreu said:

hopefully BR enjoys a significant boost and stabilizes because seeing it get left behind by poker face isn't cute

On 12/6/2023 at 2:01 PM, Fame Romance said:

Judas 401k / +29k @Dean Judaster

happy music video GIF by Lady Gaga

Spoiler

i cant find the ?Venezuelan students protesting by dancing Judas anymore. Who has that gif?

A Popster Is Born 12,828
On 12/6/2023 at 6:17 PM, ViviLittleM said:

he has worked relentlessly and needs a break.

On 12/6/2023 at 6:06 PM, Fame Romance said:

Oop definitely all her dance pop bops are seeing a boost

it was like this last year... and WIG release dec 2021, houdini nov 2023... is Dec becoming the new Oct for NYE?

Popster to Popster 4,021
On 12/6/2023 at 10:35 PM, little legend said:

I wonder how is she selling out 55 stadiums in Europe (some of them are so big that no popstar ever booked them) in presales alone if she is apperantly unknown there