The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 12/4/2023 at 8:56 PM, Fame Romance said:

Girl The Greatest Showman was all basic AF original pop songs and a few ballads + it was a musical movie 

Totally different from what JFAD and its music will likely be, this ain't no Disney movie or ASIB/TGS

Majority of songs are not even the kind of pop music that it's usually consumed on streaming platforms, they're indeed ballads + classic musical songs, JFAD will have musical scenes that have to be a minimal musicality in order to work in a movie contest, it won't be music that is not accesible to audience.

A Popster Is Born 12,811
On 12/4/2023 at 8:16 PM, Leptine said:

Majority of songs are not even the kind of pop music that it's usually consumed on streaming platforms, they're indeed ballads + classic musical songs, JFAD will have musical scenes that have to be a minimal musicality in order to work in a movie contest, it won't be music that is not accesible to audience.

Well if the film is gonna gross 1bn I can’t see the music being this big GP poison some stans are suggesting. They’ll be one or two songs that catch on.
Even if it’s like an ‘I’m just Ken’ tea. also, let’s be honest the standards and especially standard for jazz ain’t high so we maybe surprised 

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 330

Wait, I thought it was only my fyp being very specific because I normally like gaga edits and gym rats videos lol, but it looks like a lot of gym bros are using gaga songs for their tiktoks

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 12/4/2023 at 9:37 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Well if the film is gonna gross 1bn I can’t see the music being this big GP poison some stans are suggesting. They’ll be one or two songs that catch on.
Even if it’s like an ‘I’m just Ken’ tea. also, let’s be honest the standards and especially standard for jazz ain’t high so we maybe surprised 

Exactly, I'm sure the music will be good, it will be indeed attached to the most anticipated sequel of a billion dollar movie, it will fit perfectly the project and what they created, not to mention Variety confirmed there will be some elaborated musical scenes, main reason of why the movie has a big budget, it will be music accesible for the audience and that will work for dancing scenes even if it's jazz standards.

I'm not saying that 100% the soundtrack will have big hits, but imo there are more chances than what this fanbase thinks.

• paws up 2

On 12/4/2023 at 8:58 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Smile will surely pass chrome on the sunday update as it was around 10k diff again and gaga tanks on sunday.

Spotify 12/03

Chromatica - 553,354

Smile - 541,539

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYZm-il64pmQqCNfpEWNk

On 12/4/2023 at 9:12 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Fadga needs to drop a standalone single like The Cure before JOKER 2 if LG7 isn't coming soon. Like, she needs a boost on Spotify. 

Interscope should update her contract stating that she needs to release at least one new single per year, regardless of whether she is dropping an album or not that year.

On 12/4/2023 at 6:35 PM, China said:

Interscope should update her contract stating that she needs to release at least one new single per year, regardless of whether she is dropping an album or not that year.

Why though? Just so you guys don’t have to deal with losers on Twitter dragging her?

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 8:03 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Music is turning into fast food. The streaming era has just made it so overstated. The quality is really not there anymore in the mainstream. 

It's that and the fact that we get to see daily Spotify stream numbers. It's turned stanning into daily streaming number measuring contests. Feels like fans don't even enjoy the music anymore and only care about daily streams. 

• paws up 2

On 12/4/2023 at 10:02 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Why though? Just so you guys don’t have to deal with losers on Twitter dragging her?

Every fan wants to see their fav artist shine, stop overreacting.

Popster to Popster 3,998
On 12/5/2023 at 2:25 AM, Leptine said:

Exactly, I'm sure the music will be good, it will be indeed attached to the most anticipated sequel of a billion dollar movie, it will fit perfectly the project and what they created, not to mention Variety confirmed there will be some elaborated musical scenes, main reason of why the movie has a big budget, it will be music accesible for the audience and that will work for dancing scenes even if it's jazz standards.

I'm not saying that 100% the soundtrack will have big hits, but imo there are more chances than what this fanbase thinks.

I get your point 

Movie gives exposure to the songs thats why soundtrack songs are stable in longer run e.g barbie songs peaked when movie released 

Although its a golden opportunity for gaga to score #1 hit with a movie but I will take songs with longetivity even if they don't go #1 

I think event if joker has covers it will have 2-3 songs with 400M+ Spotify streams in 1 to 1.5 years 

Popster to Popster 3,034
On 12/4/2023 at 9:54 PM, José said:

Wait, I thought it was only my fyp being very specific because I normally like gaga edits and gym rats videos lol, but it looks like a lot of gym bros are using gaga songs for their tiktoks

• lol 1