The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 44,794
On 12/3/2023 at 7:24 AM, Azor Ahai said:

Hey everyone! I know I haven't been here in forever but I got a question.

How come Beyonce has so few Spotify monthly listeners compared to Gaga?

Gaga is performing better in general there, she has bigger and more streamed hits right now. I think it's partially because Gaga debuted later as well.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
On 12/3/2023 at 8:24 AM, Azor Ahai said:

Hey everyone! I know I haven't been here in forever but I got a question.

How come Beyonce has so few Spotify monthly listeners compared to Gaga?

Her old songs are doing pretty bad taking into consideration comparable singles from their times, I think

On 12/3/2023 at 9:50 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Gaga is performing better in general there, she has bigger and more streamed hits right now. I think it's partially because Gaga debuted later as well.

This and I think the fact that Gaga’s music appeals to very different groups of people: ASIB (older demographic and people who love ballads), her albums for the gheys and her ultimate mega hits streamed by a wider audience

Edited by Ms Arid Lost
  • paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,021

Beyoncé music aging like milk in streaming is proving out that no matter how solid your work is and no matter how many initial success you get on billboard 200 but if you don't have hits in your catalog people won't bother checking your good catalog 

I think BTD by lana is the exception of a zero radio hit album aging like fine wine though

and im pretty sure when taylor swift hysteria slows down all of her albums except 1989 are going to leave the charts as well (10-15 years later) 

Hits are sempiternal and they give great exposure to a well crafted album

21, ANTI, 25, 1989 are the prime examples 

• thanks 1

On 12/3/2023 at 5:41 AM, monketsharona said:

Totally random but Popular by The Weekend and Madonna is about to cross 400M streams on Spotify

That's kind of great, I've been streaming it very regularly over the year thinking it was actually doing like 20M or so :katy:

Please, it's a The Weeknd song that has been on TTH since its debut :katy:

Popster to Popster 4,633

Beyoncé is releasing always the same kind of trendy (but tiring) urban music since years, that indeed gets high praised by Pitchfork kind of media the moment of release but it ages like milk once the propaganda machine behind her ends.

'Renaissance' is barely a proper dance album, the production is but the album it's R&B-Urban at core, it's just self title and 'Lemonade' with dance beats on it, not casually it got more R&B nominations at the Grammys.

Beyoncé has the gift of having an amazing-powerful voice and she keeps doing songs where she raps and talks with barely any melody on them and without actual singing and serving vocals, here in my country when it comes to her they still play 'Halo', 'Listen', 'Crazy in Love' and the first songs where she was indeed singing.

Edited by Leptine
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 4

A Popster Is Born 12,828
On 12/2/2023 at 10:17 PM, Miaou said:

Netherlands :

#6 (+6) Houdini - Dua Lipa

Another top 10 for SMASHINI :applause:

Yes I can imagine some people here if Gaga got a solo dance song top 10 France/netherlands they’d be saying ‘her globality!! She doesn’t need US!!’ Maybe Houdini has hope after all.

A Popster Is Born 16,843

Lady Gaga might not be Katy Perry levels but we all knew her album tracks arent well streamed

We need her to release multiple singles with MVs.. at least 3 well promoted and high budget MV and minimum of 5 overall

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,828
On 12/3/2023 at 11:08 AM, FRANZGA said:

Lady Gaga might not be Katy Perry levels but we all knew her album tracks arent well streamed

We need her to release multiple singles with MVs.. at least 3 well promoted and high budget MV and minimum of 5 overall

Spotify 01/12
Chromatica 660k
Smile 649k

The album tracks are what is holding Chromatica in a good position 

On 12/3/2023 at 9:08 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Gaga's version of White Christmas is such a great Christmas song. Her voice fits right in with classic Christmas songs from the 50's.

She needs to do her sh!t right and drop a real Christmas single/album.

A Popster Is Born 16,843
On 12/3/2023 at 8:32 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Spotify 01/12
Chromatica 660k
Smile 649k

The album tracks are what is holding Chromatica in a good position 

again, she might not be on Katy Perry levels but her album tracks aren't well streamed like Lana, Taylor, Billie, etc

even Melanie Martinez is collecting bigger album tracks streams..

We need her to not be lazy and release properly promoted singles

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,843
On 12/3/2023 at 7:13 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

Im happy Brenda is finally gettin the 1 this year

she's also distancing

even if Mariah managed to block her, she'll be getting it next mefears

GAbL4b1acAAmXE5?format=jpg&name=large

• paws up 1
  • shook 1