The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771
On 12/2/2023 at 2:13 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

yup just checked with the voices in my head and they can confirm :applause:

traumatica ball january, followed by lead single in february and album in april, they also told me

i believe it :applause:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,264
On 12/2/2023 at 10:53 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Spotify 01/12
Chromatica 636k - 2.4bn total
Smile 622k - 1.6bn total

Harleys in Hawaii 402k
Rain On Me 271k
Never Really Over 128k
Stupid Love 73k

the 'fans' who thought they could post factual updates about female albums in 2020 have egg on their face now! But i love how these stats show that Gaga is still the album artist, with Chromatica clearing on the strength of the overall project despite the discrepancy in singles.

Smile album tracks are bombing in stratospheric levels 

Only Love, Resilient pulling 2k daily 💀

Teary Eyes, Never Worn White 3k 💀

The album without Harley’s In Hawaii the song that miraculously went viral and NRO the song was forcibly tucked into the album is doing 90k :rip:

• sad 1
  • lol 4

Popster for Sale 44,745
On 12/2/2023 at 12:50 PM, Fame Romance said:

Smile album tracks are bombing in stratospheric levels 

Only Love, Resilient pulling 2k daily 💀

Teary Eyes, Never Worn White 3k 💀

The album without Harley’s In Hawaii the song that miraculously went viral and NRO the song was forcibly tucked into the album is doing 90k :rip:

speaking of Tucked, that song alone deserves 1M+ streams :applause:

but yeah wbk Katy's albums are majorly inflated by singles

Popster for Sale 44,745

Now I'm not a scientist but I think the median of all of Gaga's albums tracks between her different albums is pretty similar.

It's the mean and absolute numbers that get inflated by hit singles. She's generally still not viewed as an album artist, as much as she should, I think.

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • thanks 1

On 12/2/2023 at 1:55 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Now I'm not a scientist but I think the median of all of Gaga's albums tracks is pretty similar.

It's the mean and absolute numbers that get inflated by hit singles. She's generally still not viewed as an album artist, as much as she should, I think.

Yeah either she has successful singles therefore successful albums or she kinda misses both. She’s never been in a Bey/Lana/Taylor position in which she couldn’t get hit singles but still collect a smash album. 

She needs to craft those 2-3 surefire hits for LG7 that can translate into the album’s success (hopefully not a Flowers/ESV situation though). 

• paws up 2
  • hugs 1

On 12/2/2023 at 8:12 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

Beyonce's "My House" debuts at #65 on the daily Global Spotify Chart, with 2,042,636 streams on December 1, 2023

And that's with over 100M playlist reach already :mess:

Picsart-23-12-02-10-10-07-764.jpg

• lol 3

Popster for Sale 44,745
On 12/2/2023 at 1:04 PM, Thrasher said:

Yeah either she has successful singles therefore successful albums or she kinda misses both. She’s never been in a Bey/Lana/Taylor position in which she couldn’t get hit singles but still collect a smash album. 

She needs to craft those 2-3 surefire hits for LG7 that can translate into the album’s success (hopefully not a Flowers/ESV situation though). 

I think she can and should still push singles but there needs to be a stronger narrative for the album as a whole next time, and preferably little to no filler. I would love this to be the strategy for LG7. Looking at the producers it seems like it'll be another singles focused campaign (which would still be great if we got more than 2/3 singles- but they'll just throw the towel after the first little hint of flopping).

Popster for Sale 57,264
On 12/2/2023 at 1:55 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Now I'm not a scientist but I think the median of all of Gaga's albums tracks is pretty similar.

Are you kidding right?

image.png

image.png

What Katy vs Gaga top album tracks look like

Katy's only get much worse as you go down

For instance Gaga has 59 songs above 50M and Katy 39 for a similar amout of singles for both

122 songs abov 10M vs 93

etc

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,745
On 12/2/2023 at 2:21 PM, Fame Romance said:

Are you kidding right?

image.png

image.png

What Katy vs Gaga top album tracks look like

Katy's only get much worse as you go down

For instance Gaga has 59 songs above 50M and Katy 39 for a similar amout of singles for both

122 songs abov 10M vs 93

etc

I meant between Gaga's different albums 

Not Gaga and Katy :icant:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,016
On 12/2/2023 at 6:25 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Its the subject matters she chose 

You cant grasp gps attention with album tracks about depression, dead aunt, drugs and fashion no matter how good they are

Deep cuts are always appreciated for their relatablity...i think for the same reason ASIB has most successful/well known deep cuts bc its mainstream subject theme 

Overall her best deep cuts are from born this way and stream distribution amongst songs is good bc its an outstanding album with standout choruses and producers

The GA Ga drum part of BM

Dance dance dance dance

Im in love with judas judas-as

I could be your girl girl girl girl 

m m m marry the night

you you and i 

Her magic is the repetition of words in the chorus and BTW songs replicate it so well 

Being an albums artist with the subject matters she choses is difficult but in my eyes she is an albums artist despite not being commercially appreciated for it 

Popster to Popster 4,016
On 12/2/2023 at 8:03 PM, Ayobabylon said:

You cant grasp gps attention with album tracks about depression, dead aunt, drugs and fashion no matter how good they are

Deep cuts are always appreciated for their relatablity... meanwhile singles are liked for their mass appeal and catchiness 

i think for the same reason ASIB has most successful/well known deep cuts bc its mainstream subject theme 

Overall her best deep cuts are from born this way and stream distribution amongst songs is good bc its an outstanding album with standout choruses and producers

Dance dance dance dance

m m m marry the night

you you and i 

Her magic is the repetition of words in the chorus and BTW songs replicate it so well 

Being an albums artist with the subject matters she choses is difficult but in my eyes she is an albums artist despite not being commercially appreciated for it 

Popster for Sale 44,745
On 12/2/2023 at 2:33 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Deep cuts are always appreciated for their relatablity...i think for the same reason ASIB has most successful/well known deep cuts bc its mainstream subject theme 

Dance dance dance dance

m m m marry the night

you you and i 

"My name isn't Alice" is one of the most relatable lyrics ever though :laughga:

I don't think she's not commercially appreciated for her albums, she is, but there's room for improvement next era, and she has the talent and the A-list profile to manage to do it

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

I think she was shining more as an album artist during digital era because she was able to push those album sales besides singles sales (contrary to Katy or Rihanna), and that happened with ASIB as well, the album pushed sales despite only having one proper single. 

Also during digital era a single/couple of singles doing well ensured the following singles and the album doing good too, now everything has changed with streaming, Flowers/Unholy being the quintessential example of that. 

• paws up 2