The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Popster This Way 756
On 11/30/2023 at 12:52 PM, Delusional said:

EVERYONE is a swiftie nowadays :flutter: THE WORLD IS HEALING!

Im listening to every new release in general and every time it's a big struggle to get thru an entire album of hers. I'm trying so hard to find what is so appealing. I fail every time, idk what's wrong with me.

• thanks 1

On 11/30/2023 at 8:30 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Watt’s catalog is filled with smash hits my God 

And he is 33 so young and aware of what GeePee liked 

She is working with him right

Yes, since June, maybe before that.

Popster This Way 756
On 11/30/2023 at 2:16 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Of course, they are not comparable. Ukrainians didn't invade russia and behead babies like Hamas terrorists. Ukraine is the victim of genocidal colonial invaders. Meanwhile, the far-left is full of anti-Semitic Hamas supporters who also turned a blind eye to the invasion of Ukraine (or even supported it). I'm sick of this conflict being inserted into stan communities. Like, a lot of stan communities I follow are now full of full-blown Hamas propaganda:katy: I'm this close to dropping all pop culture-related news for the foreseeable future because of how insufferable the Western far-left is. This is what the discourse on ATRL and Reddit looks like right now: 

Your opinion on what to believe is your thing. But the hypocrisy of complaining about the topic being brought up everywhere and at the same time being the first one to bring it up here........ let's not..

On 11/30/2023 at 8:10 AM, monketsharona said:

They started hard on Chromatica in September 2019 and was finished February 2020 with lead single being out. If RedOne arriving in the US in September is any indication, she may be working on LG7 for months now

Andrew Watt followed Gaga and Bobby in June, so she must have started working on LG7 even before that. I really believe she's coming back with the lead single in February and album in May like she did with Born This Way and Chromatica.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

On 11/30/2023 at 4:59 PM, China said:

Andrew Watt followed Gaga and Bobby in June, so she must have started working on LG7 even before that. I really believe she's coming back with the lead single in February and album in May like she did with Born This Way and Chromatica.

Feel like she is. RedOne and Cirkut are maybe here for making the singles or reworking final production / mix

On 11/30/2023 at 8:52 AM, Delusional said:

EVERYONE is a swiftie nowadays :flutter: THE WORLD IS HEALING!

You're a numbers stan, if Nicki Minaj was doing Taylor's numbers you'd be hyping her up, stop being so convenient and predictable.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 11/30/2023 at 11:42 PM, Jeroin2000 said:

Im listening to every new release in general and every time it's a big struggle to get thru an entire album of hers. I'm trying so hard to find what is so appealing. I fail every time, idk what's wrong with me.

There's nothing wromg with you.. it's just her CULT BASE being so big having her on loop and bandwagon from casuals

Her music bas been MID and BLAND and BORING this decade

On 11/30/2023 at 8:58 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

These sessions were booked since (at least) february of this year, when HasItLeaked reported it.

Right now there's no telling if Gaga had or had not already worked on music prior to these sessions  (that seem to be pretty intensive - maybe because they're close to a deadline?). I think it could go either way, early 2024 is not out of question as of now but we need some intel in how far along she is to settle this/if there is a deadline to settle this... 

I believe Gaga's contract with Interscope requires her to drop at least one album every three years at most and, because of the pandemic, they gave her an extra year to drop another album.

Pop-a-911-ster 28,563
x2
On 11/30/2023 at 4:06 PM, China said:

You're a numbers stan, if Nicki Minaj was doing Taylor's numbers you'd be hyping her up, stop being so convenient and predictable.

I didn’t even become a full stan til evermore which is her lowest selling record please be for real 

I could never stan Nicki Minaj when Cardi devours her in music and visual quality and also most other female rappers eat her stale boring a** up too 

Popster to Popster 3,900
On 11/30/2023 at 8:48 PM, China said:

She is popular, that's undeniable, but it's also undeniable that she benefits from the fact that her fans do go to several shows and buy/stream her albums over and over again (something monsters don't do), so she appears to be bigger than she actually is. She is the solo female version of BTS.

BTS are nothing infront of her 

Maybe be 2020 they were bigger but in 2024 she is bigger than all 7 members combined

and monsters are not even 1/5th of the fanbase as swifties she has chokehold on every second shool college girl on this planet

Her second weeks are bigger than our faves debut weeks

TS11 will get a 2M+ debut on billboard 200 

Nobody was as big as hers

Popster to Popster 3,900
On 11/30/2023 at 9:12 PM, China said:

Yes, since June, maybe before that.

He was working with her for joker stuff earlier this year

Her instagram caption said that 

Hopefully on lg-VII too AMEN

A Popster Is Born 17,828

"Bloody Mary" received 449,343 streams this Wednesday  +25k vs last week

"Government Hooker" received 117,127 streams this Wednesday  +12k vs last week

"Judas" received 400,244 streams this Wednesday +34k vs last week @Dean JudasterSTy0kt7.gif 

Spotify Wrapped effect STy0kt7.gif .....:icant:

• paws up 8
  • yaas, gaga 6
  • love 3

On 11/30/2023 at 2:17 PM, OliverDespechao said:

"Bloody Mary" received 449,343 streams this Wednesday  +25k vs last week

"Government Hooker" received 117,127 streams this Wednesday  +12k vs last week

"Judas" received 400,244 streams this Wednesday +34k vs last week @Dean JudasterSTy0kt7.gif 

Spotify Wrapped effect STy0kt7.gif .....:icant:

Her playlisted songs on Spotify Wrapped playlists were Shallow, Hold My Hand and Stupid Love, looking forward to the numbers.

• paws up 1

On 11/30/2023 at 2:16 PM, Ayobabylon said:

He was working with her for joker stuff earlier this year

Her instagram caption said that 

Hopefully on lg-VII too AMEN

I'm sure the special project she was talking about is LG7, as there's no reason to call a soundtrack for a film that everyone knows when it's coming out a "special project".

On 11/30/2023 at 2:14 PM, Ayobabylon said:

BTS are nothing infront of her 

Maybe be 2020 they were bigger but in 2024 she is bigger than all 7 members combined

and monsters are not even 1/5th of the fanbase as swifties she has chokehold on every second shool college girl on this planet

Her second weeks are bigger than our faves debut weeks

TS11 will get a 2M+ debut on billboard 200 

Nobody was as big as hers

She has a lot of fans, nobody is denying that, but everyone knows that they buy her albums countless times and go to several of her shows on the same tour, any artist would seem 10x bigger than they actually are that way. If each monster had bought at least 4 copies of Chromatica, it would have debuted with 1M in the US alone, but the truth is that Gaga fans barely buy one copy, let alone several copies.