The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

On 11/26/2023 at 5:50 AM, little legend said:

OGHs ratslugs shading that Born This Way album has no longevity, only for it to generate a WW smash single(Bloody Mary), 11 years after it's debut :giveup: 

I am saying this cause I realised that Bloody Mary being a big hit, automatically makes Born This Way era way bigger than what it was. Now we have Born This Way (Smash WW hit), The Edge Of Glory (big hit), Bloody Mary (Big WW hit) and Judas which I think it can be considered also a hit

You and I was also a big hit (2.4M downloads in the US, #5 in NZ, #6 in the US, #10 in Canada, #14 in Australia, #19 in Italy, #21 in Germany, #23 in the UK).

Marry The Night did well too, considering it was the fifth single from the album (#11 in Canada, #16 in the UK, #17 in Germany and #29 in the US).

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

On 11/26/2023 at 9:34 AM, Fame Romance said:

Born This Way (14.4M) surpassed Prism (13.8M) in global CSPC sales according to ChartMasters, so there you have your answer! 

Born This Way was and will always be bigger, we don't even need to resort to this amateur blog to claim it.

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 299
On 11/26/2023 at 4:48 PM, monketsharona said:

Everybody is talking about HML but... Nobody is talking about the fact Monster is holding strong at +140k which is quite amazing 

It should be doing +300k at least, the amount of edits that are using monster is insane! But I'll take it

On 11/26/2023 at 9:23 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

rock era is over :rip:

not feeling this rooster of rumoured producers at all, it's giving generic

And who the hell asked for a rock era? You've all only heard Sweet Sounds Of Heaven once or twice at most. We need new pop hits, she's not retired.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 4

Popster to Popster 3,522
On 11/27/2023 at 9:14 AM, Gaga Banana said:

I am bit skeptical for these collaborators. I hope the final result is good with all these in the mix. 

Her producers seems good except for william 

and mostly its gaga and her vision so just pray that she is putting great efforts in the studios like she used to back in the days 

The Fame Popster 316
On 11/9/2023 at 8:27 AM, Leptine said:

Nicki truly won at the end @Zak

Just logged in, sorry bestie!

I think we spoke too soon. This era looks messier then Queen. Supposedly out in 2 weeks with no tracklist or single.

• sad 1

On 11/27/2023 at 5:23 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

rock era is over :rip:

not feeling this rooster of rumoured producers at all, it's giving generic

I ain't feeling it either.

But I am hoping maybe they can achieve some sort of balance, Gaga is epitome of un-generic while producers are screaming generic.

But William last song I heard being mind your business don't make me much hopeful

• paws up 2