The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 11,843
On 11/14/2023 at 12:17 PM, The_Archer said:

Hasn’t Marion already won an Oscar for playing Edith? Why do they need another biopic :rip:

ASIB also won Oscars before the Gaga version sooo :disappointed:

Pop-a-911-ster 27,142
On 11/14/2023 at 12:17 PM, The_Archer said:

Hasn’t Marion already won an Oscar for playing Edith? Why do they need another biopic :rip:

true

On 11/14/2023 at 12:31 PM, Doncho said:

also true and it's been 16 years since LA MOME :ohhh:

A Popster Is Born 14,811
On 11/14/2023 at 4:39 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Hold Me Closer is doing better than I expected. It might eventually climb to 400 million streams in 2024.  

deserves around 330M less than what it has, and Dimitri complains about SL :shakes:

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 28,949
x3
On 11/14/2023 at 5:39 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Hold Me Closer is doing better than I expected. It might eventually climb to 400 million streams in 2024.  

Best song of 2022:giveup:

A Popster Is Born 16,838
On 11/14/2023 at 10:11 PM, zoldyck said:

do we seriously think people going to Taylor concerts play anything else other than Taylor Swift on their 5 different spotify accounts and 3 different apple music accounts

Yeah.. 

Also watch em flexing their Taylor loops this coming Spotify Wrapped :laughga:

I mean, we stans do that as well but not hard as em.. like theirs are just unhealthy :rip:

Popster for Sale 44,737

I'm sure Taylor stats are inflated by crazy stans and whatnot but... she has a lot of new fans and there's also a lot of bandwagoning going on. My friend who, whenever I talked to her about Taylor Swift, used to tell me "idk I just don't like her", suddenly wanted to go to her concert and even bought tickets to see her show on the movies. I've been listening to Taylor's every record as soon as it comes out since 1989 era and didn't even go. There is a mass hysteria around Taylor, everything she does is reported by news sites etc., you guys can't actually believe it's ALL obssessed stans putting her on loop/going to multiple dates. 

Interesting to see if/when this will deflate, because imo a lot of it is due to "wanting to be in on it" from people who aren't necessarily fans of her. I'm sure Tay will do anything in her power to hold on to this imperial phase for as long as she can, but it feels almost too massive sometimes, especially for someone who's been around this long. Definitely keeps me on her toes to see where she's headed. As someone who was excited with her for a long time, I'm just fatigued and avoiding Taylor content if I can, it has become way too much to handle. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 16,838
On 11/15/2023 at 12:36 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I'm sure Taylor stats are inflated by crazy stans and whatnot but... she has a lot of new fans and there's also a lot of bandwagoning going on. My friend who, whenever I talked to her about Taylor Swift, used to tell me "idk I just don't like her", suddenly wanted to go to her concert and even bought tickets to see her show on the movies. I've been listening to Taylor since 1989 and didn't even go. There is a mass hysteria around Taylor, everything she does is reported by news sites etc., you guys can't actually believe it's ALL payola. 

I also observed a lot of bandwagoning but funny cause they can't name songs from Taylor's latest projects just her old hits :icant: ..

I mean, I'm from "Taylor Nation" PH and she be hitting Spotify records but her latest projects are unknown by GP :icant:

The stans got crazier tho for sure

Popster for Sale 44,737
On 11/14/2023 at 4:43 PM, FRANZGA said:

I also observed a lot of bandwagoning but funny cause they can't name songs from Taylor's latest projects just her old hits :icant: ..

Exactly that, not to sound like a "gatekeeper" but these girls who got tickets for her concert by using like 5 different e-mail accounts to get on queue just kind of get uncomfortable if I try to actually have a conversation with them about Taylor's music :rip: This is probably just something that generally happens when artists manage to seem cool to an audience, not specific to Taylor, but it's insane how she's achieved this turn-around when a couple of years ago she would be one of the artists most deemed as "uncool to listen to". 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

On 11/14/2023 at 9:01 PM, Doncho said:

ASIB is a timeless, generational story that will keep getting remade until the end of the world though 

Edited by The_Archer